Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 6:37 PM
Honestly I would do what simmer22 said, and try contacting EA about getting the Ultimate Collection. If things don't work out no big deal, at least you tried, but if things do work out it will get you all of the EPs and SPs that were released. I'm not sure they are willing to give that out anymore, but honestly I think it would be worth the try. You would get the full Sims 2 game and it will only cost you absolutely nothing. Plus if you're determined enough, you can always keep trying until you get someone at EA nice enough to hook you up.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 4:53 PM
Well my discs came in today and I am downloading patches now. Earlier is the thread some of you mentioned that there are some mods I should use to keep my save file from getting corrupted just like with the Sims 3, I am sorry if I am being thick but could someone give me the exact names of those mods so i can find them with a search of this site or a google search?

Thanks a bunch.

The Sims 3 was the first game in the series I played and I should have 2 up and running some time this afternoon, I will let you know what I think of it them.

Thanks again for all of your help.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 9:53 PM
There's a sticky called "Essential Mods" in the Sims 2 section. It's a very good thread, and makes clear what are the essential corruption-preventing mods, and also some which are just very useful. The essential sites are probably MATY, Cyjon, Boiling Oil, and Simbiology, as well as here at MTS.
Page 2 of 2