Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 3:46 AM
Default Problem with a step on earring tutorial: marking seams in Blender
Hi. I'm following this tutorial here: http://www.sims4studio.com/thread/1...-mesh-beginners

Number 17 in the second section shows this:

But I'm getting this:

It's the areas where the red arrows are pointing to that I'm wondering about. I followed the directions again and again and can't figure out where I went wrong. And I asked over there about it, but didn't get an answer, so I thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 3:55 AM
The issue is that you have more stuff selected than you want, yes?

You should be able to select/unselect with shift+rightclick. What happens when you shift+rightclick on one of the selected extra edges?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 5:28 AM Last edited by mirabellarose : 6th Feb 2016 at 5:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
The issue is that you have more stuff selected than you want, yes?

You should be able to select/unselect with shift+rightclick. What happens when you shift+rightclick on one of the selected extra edges?

Nothing. Nothing happens. I'm sure it's something that I'm doing wrong. I'm so incredibly new to working with meshes. I think I'll have to go through the tutorial from the beginning once again and see if anything changes. I'd move forward with the tutorial but I'm sure this little problem will end up as a big problem later on, and I will be too confused to figure out what went wrong and where. Ugh. Learning this stuff is like beating your head against a wall.

Edit: Never mind. I figured it out. I had this button clicked on the wrong thing.