Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 4:56 AM
Default Lengthy quit time
Not loading, not saving, just quitting. Like when the black screen comes up and there's that spinning cursor like it's loading something, but all it should be doing is quitting. That takes probably 30 ish seconds, haven't actually timed it. Does anyone else have this issue? Seems weird to take so long just to exit the application, even when just quitting straight from the main menu without having ever loaded a game.

And before you ask, it's not my computer. I have a 16GB RAM i7 with a GeForce GTX 980Ti. And I tried taking out all my custom content aside from awesomemod, same issue. Maybe it's just normal?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 7:00 AM
My game will take anywhere from ten seconds to two minutes to shut down, doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I also have good comp specs and play with a ton of cc ( 13.9 gigs merged into about 500 packages). I'm enslaved to Origin, don't know if that has anything to do with it either. I do know that origin does not shut itself off after I exit my game. It isn't set to run on comp start up, but it stays on after I've played until I task manager it to the depths of hell where it belongs.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Scholar
#4 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 9:20 AM
I've had that problem too, on both this laptop and my old desk top PC, which I just replaced the graphics card on (GeForce GTX 730). Both have Sims 3 set up with the same EPs and SPS, same CC and Mods, and the PC has no connection with the outside world. I don't use Origin (on the laptop) and never have. There's another little irritation too, which may be related: when I use the Game Launcher to install or uninstall anything it works fine, then takes ages to shut down afterwards. I press okay, the message box turns black and just sits there, and I often have recourse to task manager to get rid of it.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 1:28 PM
Mine takes about one to two minutes, I think. And like Elynda, the launcher is awfully slow as well.
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
14go of CC merged into only 500 packages ? :o How did you manage to do that ? :o Isn't your game super laggy with 14go ?

I have 20 GB total of cc crap merged into well, still a lot of packages (and a good chunk of that was in the form of S3Ps installed), and my game runs OK, even with all EPs and a bunch of SPs.
Inventor
#7 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 8:05 PM
@Chax, you can merge packages using S3PE. Here is one tutorial https://club-crimsyn.dreamwidth.org/28336.html , there are many others around too. I don't merge mods, careers, counters or sliders. I merge about everything else. Some people do merge sliders and mods. I'm not sure about careers, but as I modify some of those periodically myself it's impractical for me to merge them. Counters should never be merged ( I believe) , they act wonky if they are. I have merged packages up to about 270 megs in size, although I try to keep them under 250 megs. I probably have about 80-100 merged packages averaging around 120-150 megs in size, the rest is loose stuff( the sliders, mods, careers). I merge patterns also ( many/most people don't) , but patterns that are made in certain ways ( with CAP I think) will screw shit up if you merge them. So you have to be careful, make copies, backups, trial and error etc. I detest Sims3packs and turn everything ( other than worlds) into packages. My game runs fine, loads in about 5-7 minutes and doesn't lag.

Back on topic, I haven't noticed any correlation between time spent in edit town or CAS with shutdown time, has anyone else? It also doesn't seem to matter if I've played for one hour or five hours or if I have saved three times in my session or just the once prior to hitting quit.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
One Minute Ninja'd
#8 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 8:36 PM
Just to clarify, so we're comparing apples to apples, we're talking about a simple exit, correct? Not Save and exit? Because a save and exit will take a while depending on the size of the save game at that point. A simple exit for my game is well under a minute. I can time it precisely next time I play.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Just to clarify, so we're comparing apples to apples, we're talking about a simple exit, correct? Not Save and exit? Because a save and exit will take a while depending on the size of the save game at that point. A simple exit for my game is well under a minute. I can time it precisely next time I play.

I just reinstalled my game fresh, and loaded it up to the main menu to generate my deviceconfig file. No save to speak of. Just quitting straight from the menu.
One Minute Ninja'd
#10 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 11:59 PM
OK. Click on exit, then when it prompts save and exit or exit only, exit only. Time to desktop 13.15 seconds.