Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 1:59 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 26th Feb 2016 at 1:06 PM.
Default Sensible rug thumbnail resources
In EA rugs and books (and possibly other types of objects too), thumbnails are generated differently from regular objects -- they are top down, so that one can see the object better. With flat objects that really makes quite a difference.

The game needs two additional resources to do that, which apparently the current CC tools do not generate (all of the custom rugs I've seen so far have the same kind of thumb as objects): THUM 0x16CA6BC4 and TMLT 0xB0118C15 (see also this post). I recently added these to all of my own rugs, i.e. copied them from Maxis rugs and renumbered them (they need to have the same ID as the MODL they are for). Attached here is a bundle of the original Maxis resources for various rug sizes, so if others want to do the same they don't need to export them all over again.

How to edit:

s4pe does not have a wrapper for these (yet), so for now you need to hex edit them. Is not very difficult though, since all one has to do is change the instance number in the file to the instance of your MODL. -- Has been added in 0.4.3, see https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools/releases

You need to delete localthumbscache.package so that the game can regenerate the thumbnails, as well.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  rug-thum-resources.zip (6.6 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.