Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Package Conflict Detector - WINDOWS ONLY

by scumbumbo Posted 13th Feb 2016 at 6:05 AM - Updated 11th Dec 2017 at 11:39 PM by scumbumbo : Update Version 1.3.0

181 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 71 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 6:15 AM
Will there be a Mac version?
Deceased
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EliteAgent51

Sorry, I have no idea how to make .Net code work on a Mac.

The source code is available though, so if someone else knows how to do so that is a possibility, and I would be glad to assist them if I can.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 6:50 AM
Thank you so much for this! I'm going to try it out right now.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 9:22 AM
Thank you very Much scumbumbo! Also trying it now!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 10:33 AM Last edited by morgana191919 : 13th Feb 2016 at 10:37 AM. Reason: a question
hi friend
thank you for the mod . the only question i have.
what happens is i delete the double files does it interfere with the game.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 10:47 AM
Thank you for this - much needed
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 11:18 AM
Very good thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 11:36 AM
WOW! Amazing!!! A great tool for finding conflicts. I used to use another conflict detector tools but it doesn't differentiate between resource duplicates and real conflicts, and also it doesn't say what are the conflicting resources. Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 11:54 AM
Thank you !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 1:10 PM
OMG! You are A-Maze-Zing! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 2:14 PM
will there be link to sims 4 studio and not just s4pe?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 2:15 PM
Thank you so much for this, excellent work.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 3:00 PM
you should remove the resource with type 0x0166038C, and both group and ID 0, from the results. That resource isn't (AFAIK) read by the game, it is only used to add names to the other resources inside the .package file, and when it exists is actually supposed to be different for every package.

(Granted, not many mods out there include it. But mine do include it, both my published and unpublished ones.)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 4:32 PM
Wow! thank you so much!!
Deceased
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by morgana191919
thank you for the mod . the only question i have.
what happens is i delete the double files does it interfere with the game.

It definitely can affect gameplay. Just because two mods have one or more resources that are identical does not mean that the entire package is identical - it only means that they share SOME of the same information. It's generally a good idea to move one file temporarily out of your game and see how it affects things, you can then always change your mind and put it back and then possibly remove the other file instead.
Deceased
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wanaariza
will there be link to sims 4 studio and not just s4pe?

Not unless they open their source code for the benefit of other programmers. I know that may seem silly - they have made a nice program that is immensely useful for many people, but there is a difference in how their work is distributed that I don't so much disagree with as merely don't support. I can benefit from the S4PE work in that I can examine it, use portions of it, alter them to work differently, and so forth (which I didn't for this program but that's not really the point - I said it may seem silly to some!)

Anyone can also download the source for my programs and see how they work internally to assist them in making their own programs, or even alter portions and use that in their own programs (with appropriate credit). In the end, that means that ALL the tools benefit from each other and I feel that is important for a modding community.

So, while S4PE and Sims 4 Studio are both fine programs and the talented coders behind each deserve every ounce of success and respect, I put my support behind S4PE.
Deceased
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkWalker
you should remove the resource with type 0x0166038C, and both group and ID 0, from the results.
Good eye, and you're correct those are not truly conflicting resources! That's one of those things I saw occasionally and thought "I should get rid of those _KEY resources" and never got around to. I will make that change in the next version, and do so now before I forget. An update should be out in the next few days, or a week or so, depending on the quantity of feedback and suggestions.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Good eye,

More like, "Why the heck is this program saying all my mods conflict with each other?" Kinda hard for me to not notice it

BTW, a suggestion for improvement: when it detects a conflict between a mod and a cache file (as it did for me), perhaps it should offer to delete (or move to the backups folder) the offending cache file. Practical for us that know the files can be deleted, safer for the less knowledgeable users that doesn't know which files are needed by the game and which aren't.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EliteAgent51

I know right? They're just like forget about us Mac users when it comes to these tools, smh.
Deceased
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkWalker
More like, "Why the heck is this program saying all my mods conflict with each other?" Kinda hard for me to not notice it

BTW, a suggestion for improvement: when it detects a conflict between a mod and a cache file (as it did for me), perhaps it should offer to delete (or move to the backups folder) the offending cache file. Practical for us that know the files can be deleted, safer for the less knowledgeable users that doesn't know which files are needed by the game and which aren't.

I've fixed the bug with the _KEY resource and as that is definitely a possible source of confusion for users I've decided not to wait but will be updating the download very soon. Also included will be a disable/enable package option.

Offering to move files to that backup folder is also an excellent idea and should be very quick and easy to implement, so I'll add that in now - along with a button to open Windows Explorer to that backup folder.
Deceased
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gigihuxtable
I know right? They're just like forget about us Mac users when it comes to these tools, smh.

Sorry, I just don't have a Mac to even play around with trying to port the program to. The only Mac I have access to is an ancient and slow laptop, and that's owned by my employer so using it for coding would not be ethical. Otherwise, I'd love to try my hand at making it work!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 7:28 PM
Thanks, thanks! A million and one - this is something so needed!
Deceased
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Thanks, thanks! A million and one - this is something so needed!

I guess so, it's going like hotcakes even though I believe there's already a competent conflict detector in existence! I should put ads in the program (joke, just a joke!)

In other news, version 1.1.0 is now available with the changes discussed above. Some were just good changes, but the change regarding the _KEY resource seemed like a possible point of confusion for users so I wanted to get that fix in ASAP.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#25 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 10:21 PM
And how I need this! Thank you so much for this utility. I am happy to have you back.
Page 1 of 8