Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AllyEmmi
If you mean the "run without custom content" box, that would just lead back to my original question... It's also unticked, and has been since the beginning of the thread.

no i mean tick it on purpose start your game then exit then untick it and start your game again. i read at one time someone tried this and it worked.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 4:28 AM
Sorry for all the acronyms. EP means Expansion Pack (WorldAdventures, Ambitions, LateNite, Generations, etc.).

I think what amc462000 is suggesting is that something is stuck. And maybe starting up the game with the no custom content box checked, then exiting out and trying again with it unchecked as it should be, might unstick things. Stranger things have been known to help, don't see how it could hurt.

And thanks for the kind thoughts, all. This game is not for those lacking patience, by any means.
Site Helper
#28 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 4:43 AM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 26th Feb 2016 at 4:54 AM. Reason: slow connection/ninjaed
I'm assuming that you probably do not have an EP that you have purchased but not yet installed, and you are not terribly interested in spending money on another EP just to see if installing it helps, but if you want to try installing a new EP anyway, then I suppose I probably should have said, "Make sure that you will be able to put it back before you remove it." If your copy of Late Night was installed through Origin, it's listed in your account and it should be possible for you to uninstall it and reinstall it without suddenly discovering that you don't have the code and, therefore, can't put it back.

Once you are sure you can put it back, back up your Documents/Sims 3 folder (uninstalling has been known to delete other things)

Then you can uninstall Late Night, put back anything that was deleted from the Documents Sims 3 folder, run the game, reinstall Late Night, and check your CC.

I'm not sure that running the game before reinstalling is actually necessary, (nor am I certain that it will work at all) but it seems reasonable to make the game itself understand that Late Night isn't there anymore before reinstalling it, if you're trying to convince the game that you've just added a brand new EP. And I would definitely try to check/uncheck Run without CC before the "Install a New EP" trick.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amc462000
no i mean tick it on purpose start your game then exit then untick it and start your game again. i read at one time someone tried this and it worked.

Okay. No changes after this procedure.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I'm assuming that you probably do not have an EP that you have purchased but not yet installed, and you are not terribly interested in spending money on another EP just to see if installing it helps, but if you want to try installing a new EP anyway, then I suppose I probably should have said, "Make sure that you will be able to put it back before you remove it." If your copy of Late Night was installed through Origin, it's listed in your account and it should be possible for you to uninstall it and reinstall it without suddenly discovering that you don't have the code and, therefore, can't put it back.

Once you are sure you can put it back, back up your Documents/Sims 3 folder (uninstalling has been known to delete other things)

Then you can uninstall Late Night, put back anything that was deleted from the Documents Sims 3 folder, run the game, reinstall Late Night, and check your CC.

I'm not sure that running the game before reinstalling is actually necessary, (nor am I certain that it will work at all) but it seems reasonable to make the game itself understand that Late Night isn't there anymore before reinstalling it, if you're trying to convince the game that you've just added a brand new EP. And I would definitely try to check/uncheck Run without CC before the "Install a New EP" trick.

I have been running the vanilla game. I uninstalled Late Night and other stuff packs/expansion packs after the mods didn't work the first time. No change :/
Site Helper
#31 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 5:03 AM
Ok, so you DO have an EP that you can install to see if it helps.

(It may not, and I really don't see how it would in your case, but if it helped in another case it's worth a try?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Ok, so you DO have an EP that you can install to see if it helps.

(It may not, and I really don't see how it would in your case, but if it helped in another case it's worth a try?)

I'll get back to you in about fifteen minutes then. I don't really know if it's actually uninstalled, but I've been playing vanilla without it...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 5:30 AM
I'll try the EP thing in about a half hour.
I've uninstalled the game through Origin, and selected the repair option.
We'll see what happens. I hope this thread eventually helps someone else :/
Mad Poster
#35 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
so... your user name is amanda.exe?

um.. sure that won't cause any problems?

I was wondering about that, but then though nahh. Glad someone asked, though.
Test Subject
#37 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 1:27 PM
For about the last two weeks my mods have totally stopped working also. Twallens mods and mods I downloaded from here. My toddlers no longer stand in CAS, I cant AddLotSize, nor can I send a Sim to CAS. Those are the 3 I use most - But I have so many and none of them will work. I have only installed my own patterns, lots from here and the exchange after clearing them with Delphy and a couple of new worlds. I have been in several different worlds, some I have had for some time, and some new.

It is frustrating. It angers and depresses me both. And I admit it could be me. My CHF is acting up, new serious vascular disease and hip needs replacement - So my attention sometimes is not focused - my mind is 34, my body turned 70 the 27th of January - and my good computer was broken by an ignorant, evil caregiver so I bought a used laptop. But I played Sims 3 on the laptop for 3 weeks before this happened.

Going to be now but will check this thread when up about 9am pst.
Site Helper
#38 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 1:58 PM
First, are you sure that the laptop is strong enough to handle long-term playing? (Your own body is showing you how something that worked fine a while ago can actually be too much to handle....) And "Can you run it" scans only tell you about installing the base game with no CC.

If the computer is strong enough, I would check to be sure that the resource.cfg is still ok. (Easy to do. Open it in Notepad. If it's got real words and asterisks, it's probably ok. If it's got gobbledygook then it got corrupted. If it's gone missing, it needs to be replaced.)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 5:56 AM
Ive been doing various experiments trying to get it to work, and nothing has changed... Reinstalling Late Night made nothing change either. Sorry I haven't responded in awhile :/ Doing things on my own is getting frustrating.
Page 2 of 2