Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 6:44 PM Last edited by HerdoRalden : 14th Apr 2016 at 6:58 PM.
Default s3pe Error - "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."
Getting the following error when trying to use s3pe:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpFF3B.tmp' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at s3pi.Package.Package.SavePackage()
at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.fileSave()
at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.importPackagesCommon(String[] packageList, String title, DuplicateHandling dups, Boolean compress, Boolean useNames, Boolean rename, List`1 dupsList, AutoSaveState autoSaveState, IList`1 selection)
at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.resourceImportAsDBC()
at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.menuBarWidget1_MBResource_Click(Object sender, MBClickEventArgs mn)
at S3PIDemoFE.MenuBarWidget.OnMBResource_Click(Object sender, MB mn)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I've tried running S3PE as administrator and in compatibility mode, as well as deleting everything in the "Temp" folder and restarting my computer. Any ideas?

System Specs:

Intel i7 4790K 4.00 GHz

16GB RAM 1600MHz

2x Intel 500GB 850 Pro SSDs in Raid 0

AMD Radeon R9 295x2 8GB

Windows 10 64bit
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 11:18 PM
Ahhh the good old S3PE error. Usually this happens if:

-The game runs and you're trying to open the package, because the game is reading the package and that's why you can't open it.
-You already opened it and you are opening it again while it's already open.
-The package got used already in (for example) In TSRW and you want to open it in S3PE at the same time, which isn't going to work.

There are probably many more issues, but I this is what is usually the case for me when I have this error.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Ahhh the good old S3PE error. Usually this happens if:

-The game runs and you're trying to open the package, because the game is reading the package and that's why you can't open it.
-You already opened it and you are opening it again while it's already open.
-The package got used already in (for example) In TSRW and you want to open it in S3PE at the same time, which isn't going to work.

There are probably many more issues, but I this is what is usually the case for me when I have this error.

Yea that was my thought as well. I opened task manager and couldn't find any instance of The Sims 3 stuff running. So then I turned off my PC, restarted it, and tried to use S3PE again before doing anything else. Same error.

Thanks for the reply.
Instructor
#4 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 11:30 PM
Just curious, what exactly does "tried to use S3PE" mean? Does the error always occur when you're doing one specific thing in S3PE?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
Just curious, what exactly does "tried to use S3PE" mean? Does the error always occur when you're doing one specific thing in S3PE?

Sorry. Right click>Import >as dbc. Trying to merge CC together.
Instructor
#6 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 1:16 AM
Hmm. Maybe some kind of antivirus or other system tool is accessing the .tmp file?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#7 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 1:25 PM
Are you using any plugins? It could also being something what @Butterbot mentioned. I would try reinstalling S3PE and opening any downloded plugins or S3PE itself with 7-Zip if you downloaded the install-yourself package download (That's the download with the file .7z at the end). But if this is about the unpack it yourself download, you could try to just install it with an .exe install version of s3pe. (The: Windows Easy Installer version from this link: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...te/uploads/189/ )
I hope I wasn't confusing >-<