Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 8:19 PM
Default The Inheritance
Chandler Marley is a very old man who He lives on a farm on (any chosen world) with his seven teenage sons. The farm has been in his family for generations and he wants one of his sons to inherit it and keep it in the family..... but which son will he give it to? Which son will go for it all? who will give up money for love? Will they all play fair? or who will not care one way or the other?

In his Will he has set the conditions:
1. All his sons must live on the farm, work it and learn self-sufficiency.
2.They must all go to university (see not at end for uni alternative) and get a degree in either Technology (to maintain the equipment), Business (to manage the resources), Science (to crossbreed and identify seeds), Fine Arts (for landscaping), and communications (to talk to the plants and animals). If one fails to get a degree, he is cut out of the will.
3. If they travel, they must all travel together, if one stays behind, he is disinherited.
4. They must all find and marry a wife who already has at least two traits related to farming and family, (Green thumb, Loves the outdoors, Animal lover, Eco-friendly, Vegetarian, Frugal, handy, Angler, Family Oriented, Equestrian, Nurturing, Ambitious or Workaholic). The one who marries someone without these traits is disqualified.
5. Lastly, the one who meets all the requirements AND harvests the most produce takes the farm.

Additional Rules
6. Start out with 7 teenage sons and one father.
7. Their competing starts at young adulthood and ends when they all reach adulthood.
8. All traits for the sons must be randomly chosen.
9. Traits for the wives cannot be chosen or changed but must already exist or be randomized.
10. All harvesting must be done by hand. Tractor can only be used for watering and Fertilizing.

Note for University Alternatives
Technology degree: Max out Handiness Skill.
Business degree: Max out Charisma Skill
Science degree: Max out Fishing Skill
Fine Arts degree: Max out Cooking Skill
Communications degree: Max out Writing Skill

This Challenge has been played out and you can follow the events here for ideas: http://simplemindedsims.com/2015/07...gacy-challenge/
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 2:28 PM Last edited by mama_tex : 28th Apr 2016 at 2:45 PM.
quick question: when I make the farm at the start-do I use money cheats or not? I need a farm house with 8 beds and some farming land right?
Also can I turn aging off? Ok so I have more than one question. Do i need to use a cheat for more than 8 sims-cause if the sons have to get married and work the farm-the house is going to get real crowded.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
quick question: when I make the farm at the start-do I use money cheats or not? I need a farm house with 8 beds and some farming land right?
Also can I turn aging off? Ok so I have more than one question. Do i need to use a cheat for more than 8 sims-cause if the sons have to get married and work the farm-the house is going to get real crowded.

Hi and thanks for you questions. Ok, you can use money cheats to get the farm setup and buy whatever you need. The challenge doesn't involve money so much as it does ability. You will need a cheat to allow more than 8 in a household which you can find over at NRaas here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/
You can't turn aging off because the inheritance challenge starts when the sim is a young adult and ends when they age up to adult. The lifespan must be set within the NORMAL range any way you want to set it up, but it must progress with aging on. No life extenders or age cheats allowed. As I mentioned in my post, if you want to take a look at how the challenge can be played out you can read the results here: http://simplemindedsims.com/2015/07...gacy-challenge/ This may give you some ideas on how you want to play it.

Hope you give it a try and enjoy the game. Please feel free to post any questions or comments. Keep us informed on how it's going