Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rubric Wrangler
#26 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 10:51 PM
If you are still in need of judges, I should be able to oblige! Some pics from the latest house I build and decorated:

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 11:17 PM
@d_dgjdhh I cannot send you a PM because your inbox is full

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
@trambling101 the link isn't working. Please can you post it again

Ok question: does a house I built for a challenge count. I did build and decorate it myself it's very clear. Also I am unable to access sims files on my computer so may I take a picture of it from my iPod or upload a video of me showing it on yt? Oh I forgot to mention I'm applying for judge!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shygirlorkerri
Well i would join if my sims computer didnt have a virus so may i apply for judge? I know a lot about sims 3 and a little of sims 2&4 plus it would be really fun and a honor to.
Thank you for offering to judge. It will need to be a good quality image please

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Scholar
#30 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 11:43 PM
@d_dgjdhh I cannot send you a PM because your inbox is full
I see. You should consider emptying your inbox.

I was asking if there's any paperwork that you've prepared for us judges to review to guide our decision making for the contest. Also, when do I get my Cat Herder badge, lol.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
I see. You should consider emptying your inbox.

I was asking if there's any paperwork that you've prepared for us judges to review to guide our decision making for the contest. Also, when do I get my Cat Herder badge, lol.
My inbox is fine, lol, it's yours that is full! I have a simple score sheet to send you, that's all.

Scholar
#32 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 1:05 AM
Oh my, I'm sorry, you're right. I read it as your PM was full, as in you can't receive my messages.

I now learned that there's a download function for all of one's PMs. Good to have used. My inbox should be able to receive new PMs now.

See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#33 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 4:03 AM
Awww, right before I start work for the season? Now I have to actually decide if I've got the time for this!

Eh, I probably will... Maybe I'll do a National Park as the destination... that way I can justify thinking about it at work!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 6:06 AM
@trambling101 the link isn't working. Please can you post it again

You meant my picture, correct? I was worrying about that for some reason, I hope it works now! And I hope that I don't lose the judging position!

Question: Can others see my picture for my judging entry?

Call me Seth!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Maybe I'll do a National Park as the destination... that way I can justify thinking about it at work!
Sounds like a cool idea, Z!

Test Subject
#36 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 1:34 AM
Thank you for offering to judge. It will need to be a good quality image please
Ok I made a video about it I'm sorry for my voice I am 13 and have speech issues. My voice has always been high. http://youtu.be/yY7_wjNTs1o
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#37 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 2:31 PM
Hi Karen,
A couple of questions:

1) Is there any particular reason that Sims 3 Store Content counts as CC, while content from EPs and SPs does not?
2) Are career rewards and game unlockables also considered CC?
3) Do OMSPS count as CC for the purpose of this contest, and if they do, are we allowed to use game modifications that more or less serve the same function as an OMSP?

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Instructor
#38 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 6:46 PM Last edited by cutsocks : 3rd May 2016 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Proofreading and text clean-up.
Default Roaring Heights Union Station
I like where this contest is going, I love a challenge, and I have a new mouse with a working scroll wheel/middle button--so why not get to building!

Field Researcher
#39 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 7:35 PM
We have our second entry! *squeals*

Call me Seth!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 9:37 PM
Welcome to the contest, cutsocks. And inline under a spoiler is how we like it

Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 9:43 PM Last edited by Karen Lorraine : 30th Apr 2016 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Updating
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
Hi Karen,
A couple of questions:

1) Is there any particular reason that Sims 3 Store Content counts as CC, while content from EPs and SPs does not?
2) Are career rewards and game unlockables also considered CC?
3) Do OMSPS count as CC for the purpose of this contest, and if they do, are we allowed to use game modifications that more or less serve the same function as an OMSP?

1) I've been thinking about this. I have decided that TS2 and TS3 store content is not going to be classed as custom content.
2) No, you can have career rewards and unlocked stuff
3) Since in TS2 OMSPs are CC I think for fairness we have to say that OMSPs in TS3 are CC too. You can use game modifications.

NOTE: I have updated the rules to reflect this post.

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#42 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 10:40 PM Last edited by justJones : 30th Apr 2016 at 11:58 PM.
It's a fun build contest, I thought. Of course I'll join, I thought. What I didn't think, was "I'll end up making a billion pieces of cc"...well...turns out I am, lol.

Also, just a few points I would like to remind the judges of As none of you (to my knowledge) play TS4.
  • There are no phones, other than cell, in TS4. None what so ever. Not on comm or residential lots. Nothing. lol
  • No terrain height editing. Therefore, also no natural bodies of water. Just pools and fountains.
  • No CFE.

Just want you all to be familiar with some of the limitations of TS4. Not that lack CFE or terrain height is something that would be docked for, but as my vacation destination is Santorini-esque, terrain height editing and CFE would certainly add to the look of Santorini, but I don't have access to either. So I will have to get as creative as possible to achieve a similar feel Mostly i just don't want to get docked for any missing phones. Blame EAxis, lol.
Scholar
#43 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 11:17 PM
Thanks for the information, justJones. I also feel that stating what game the property came from would be useful. Initially, I wasn't sure if your lot was from TS3 or TS4. It's too bad EA didn't add at least one LAN line phone design to the game.

Field Researcher
#44 Old 1st May 2016 at 3:45 AM
When is the application round finishing? I want to make sure mine comes in on time.

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Mad Poster
#45 Old 1st May 2016 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by celebkiriedhel
When is the application round finishing? I want to make sure mine comes in on time.

Looks like we get a countdown timer right here.

Am I right in thinking that we'll get similar timers for future rounds?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#46 Old 1st May 2016 at 4:23 AM
I would imagine, Z. Pretty standard contest protocol
Field Researcher
#47 Old 1st May 2016 at 7:12 AM
Thanks for the info Jones! I knew about the water thing, I did my research on TS4 on whether or not to buy it, but the lack of basic content in a base game made me consider otherwise. Same with TS3, like I know what content the game has, I often look at pictures and features, but I can't stand to play that game for multiple reasons, which I can't get into, but building in that game has nothing to do with it so no need to worry... So thank you again for reminding me of the limitations the game. I also think there a some build features that I would kill for in TS2 (basically every kind of roof that actually doesn't clip and works as shown, etc.).

Call me Seth!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#48 Old 1st May 2016 at 7:33 AM
Oh TS4 definitely has it's advantages in build mode. But also some strong "grr inducing" things too, lol.
Test Subject
#49 Old 1st May 2016 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justJones
It's a fun build contest, I thought. Of course I'll join, I thought. What I didn't think, was "I'll end up making a billion pieces of cc"...well...turns out I am, lol.

Also, just a few points I would like to remind the judges of As none of you (to my knowledge) play TS4.
  • There are no phones, other than cell, in TS4. None what so ever. Not on comm or residential lots. Nothing. lol
  • No terrain height editing. Therefore, also no natural bodies of water. Just pools and fountains.
  • No CFE.

Just want you all to be familiar with some of the limitations of TS4. Not that lack CFE or terrain height is something that would be docked for, but as my vacation destination is Santorini-esque, terrain height editing and CFE would certainly add to the look of Santorini, but I don't have access to either. So I will have to get as creative as possible to achieve a similar feel Mostly i just don't want to get docked for any missing phones. Blame EAxis, lol.
its true i dont play sims 4 because its too expensive lol so thanks for telling me in case i need to judge
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st May 2016 at 1:48 PM Last edited by gamer1616 : 1st May 2016 at 2:03 PM.
Um, I have a question. In The Sims 3, is a 4x3 lot the same as a 40x30 one? Oh, and what are OMSPs?

Page 2 of 44