Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2016 at 5:29 PM
Default Hospital/adoption/babies overhaul?
Greetings!

My first time ever posting on modthesims, so I apologize if I am doing this all wrong. I just had an idea and figured I would share it.
I have been thinking really hard if this raises it to adult, but I don't believe it does. However my view of what is adult, might differ from the sites guideline. If that's the case, I am so sorry, please let me know so I can delete this and upload it on the other site. I have no intentions of causing issues, I just want to share an idea.

I was wondering if it would be possible to re-add some functions from Sims 3 and Sims 4 into a new system or something of the like. Here I am thinking of adding the possibility of having a pregnant sims in second trimester, being able to check the gender of her baby and how many she is having (for a cost of course) I know doctors in GTW when at level 6 can check the gender on friends, but I was thinking about it being added to this *system* so everyone for a cost can get it checked.

The other feature, is an ability for same-gender couple to *make* their own baby with the *system* taking DNA/genetics from both of them and making a baby (for a cost), and then have the baby appear in a bassinet (perhaps after 2-3 days have passed?), with a chance of having twins/triplets. For an extra cost you can decide the gender of the baby (if twins/triples, then one of them will be the desired gender if chosen, while the rest are random) could perhaps be added for aliens and ghosts as well, tho the ghost one would have to be a child instead of a baby, since there are no ghost babies.

This system could either be a menu from the computer, where you just click and bam done! Or have an NPC doctor appear on the lot with the menu of the choices mentioned above. The easier choice would be the computer, but I think it would be a lot more fun/better if it was possible to add the doctor NPC, but yeah.

If we go the doctor way, he could do the feel the baby interaction when asked for both gender and how many. And she/he would then give you a notification pop up (same kind you get when they tell you they are leaving) telling you the result.
With the *making* baby part, the doctor will talk with the sim asking, for a bit then a notification would pop up from the doctor, saying something like "I am glad we are able to help you out in creating a family. I have collected the DNA needed. Your baby should be arriving in 2-3 days" if a gender has been chosen the "Your baby" would change to "Your baby girl/boy" then when the baby arrives, the bassinet appears, you go through the naming/trait thing and a pop up appears "Congratulation! Your new bundle of joy has arrived" If twins/triple it could be "Oh my! Seems like making of a "baby" has turned into "babies", it happens. Congratulations!"

If we go the computer way, then nothing really happens as everything is done behind the screen, you still get notifications about the options you pick, but yeah, I would prefer the doctor.

Truth be told, I have no modding experience so I am actually looking for someone who would love to do this. All I can really do is coming up with ideas XD I am all for people coming with their own ideas

Thanks for reading!