Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2016 at 8:25 PM
Default Is there a limit on how often it's safe to have the Main run in a loop?
I've been playing around with one of those decorative sky domes and making it automatically change textures based on the time (a different texture for dawn, dusk, day and night). I would also like the sky to turn gray when it's raining or hailing, but it seems like doing that would require the main to loop pretty much constantly, maybe with a very short idle. Would that be okay, or is there a different way to make the object detect the weather?
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th May 2016 at 11:50 PM
If you mean the "Function - Main" BHAV, that should always be a loop that runs forever.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th May 2016 at 1:22 AM
I do mean the Function Main, and maybe I'm not using the right terms, but originally, the main in the package was set to loop once every 24 hours. I'd need mine to loop like every minute.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th May 2016 at 2:14 AM
So long as you have an idle, I don't think you'll run into a "Too many iterations" error. Just have the main loop, check the weather/time, change texture, and idle until it's time to check again.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2016 at 6:08 AM
Good to know, thanks.