Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#101 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 2:38 PM
I think you're over-reacting, but I understand as I'm frustrated and angry too. Most of my white male co-workers voted for Clinton, and were upset at her loss, much like you are. Some maybe even more affected than I am. I think there are several reasons why Clinton lost.

1. Bigger class/education divide. Professional vs working class, white vs blue collar, urban vs rural. Working class, non-college educated, rural Americans (male and female) overwhelmingly voted for Trump. There was a bigger education voting gap this time, than the last election. This guy explains pretty well they "why" of it. http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reaso...ne-talks-about/ I think also that working class rural people found Clinton more objectionable, because they tend to have more old-fashioned views on gender norms. The glass ceiling was much higher among that group.
2. She didn't get the minority votes like Obama did. She got less of the black and Latino vote compared to Obama. She did win the Latino vote, but less than Obama did.
3. She didn't get as much of the youth vote as Obama did. I'm guessing most young people preferred Sanders, and chose to stay home and let whatever happen, happen.
4. A lot of Obama voters just stayed home. This was probably the biggest factor. Almost the same number of people voted for McCain and Romney, as voted for Trump (he actually got slightly less popular vote than the other two). However, over 6-million people who voted for Obama stayed home compared to 2012, and 10-million compared to 2008.

You can read about voting statistics here:
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...nder-education/

I guess if we analyze the statistics, the blame falls upon the Obama voters that just decided to sit this one out.
Also, the electoral college is a sham, because she did narrowly win the popular vote. Had we done away with it when this happened the first time in 2000, we would have gotten our first female president.

Anyway, sorry for going OT.

Resident wet blanket.
Advertisement
Theorist
#102 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
Okay sorry. But I am a white male, I just happen to think the majority of us are racist and sexist(at least the ones I have met)and this election seems to confirm it. I am pretty sure Trumps first act as president will be to get congress to pass a bill saying rape is no longer a crime so he can't be accused of it in future when he just grabs any woman he wants off the streets and rapes her right there in public in front of her family, that is what he has bragged about doing in the past and he got elected and got both houses, so I am really scared for the safety of my female relatives.

I just think a lot of the problems this nation faces would be solved if someone other then white males controlled things for a while, but their grip on power is too strong and anyone who isn't a white male who went to the same school doesn't seem to stand a chance of coming to power.

Maybe I am over reacting, but I am really scared for the safety of members of my family at the moment.

Racism and sexism isn't really limited to race or gender. Besides, there are at least hundred's of millions of white people (maybe over a billion), of whom the half of the population is male. With the birth rates in the by white people dominated countries, the majority is adult. Do you really think we all are that bad? If a group, any sort of homogeneous group based on one or two things, is significant sized, you don't have an equal group.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Instructor
#103 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I think you're over-reacting, but I understand as I'm frustrated and angry too. Most of my white male co-workers voted for Clinton, and were upset at her loss, much like you are. Some maybe even more affected than I am. I think there are several reasons why Clinton lost.

1. Bigger class/education divide. Professional vs working class, white vs blue collar, urban vs rural. Working class, non-college educated, rural Americans (male and female) overwhelmingly voted for Trump. There was a bigger education voting gap this time, than the last election. This guy explains pretty well they "why" of it. http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reaso...ne-talks-about/ I think also that working class rural people found Clinton more objectionable, because they tend to have more old-fashioned views on gender norms. The glass ceiling was much higher among that group.
2. She didn't get the minority votes like Obama did. She got less of the black and Latino vote compared to Obama. She did win the Latino vote, but less than Obama did.
3. She didn't get as much of the youth vote as Obama did. I'm guessing most young people preferred Sanders, and chose to stay home and let whatever happen, happen.
4. A lot of Obama voters just stayed home. This was probably the biggest factor. Almost the same number of people voted for McCain and Romney, as voted for Trump (he actually got slightly less popular vote than the other two). However, over 6-million people who voted for Obama stayed home compared to 2012, and 10-million compared to 2008.

You can read about voting statistics here:
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...nder-education/

I guess if we analyze the statistics, the blame falls upon the Obama voters that just decided to sit this one out.
Also, the electoral college is a sham, because she did narrowly win the popular vote. Had we done away with it when this happened the first time in 2000, we would have gotten our first female president.

Anyway, sorry for going OT.

Okay very interesting and sorry for going OT too.

I agree the electoral college is a joke, I mean unless you live in a handful of important states your vote doesn't count at all, what is the point of having people vote if the person who gets the most votes doesn't win? Why not just save everyone a lot of time and just not have people vote in the first place and just have the electoral college pick a president every four years if you are going to do it that way, it would save the government a lot of money on voting machines and save voters a lot of time standing around a polling places when really their vote means less then a rat turd to a man dying of thirst on the surface of the sun.

Still all of this is OT for this thread. I am just really scared as to what have an "man" who has openly bragged about raping women in the past in total and complete control of the government means for the future of this country. If I had more then $8 to my name and it wasn't such a long walk you can bet I would be high tailing it to Canada, even if it meant sneaking over the boarder just to get away from this monster.

Still those are some very interesting fact that have given me a lot to think about. It sounds like if the Democrat had gone with Sanders Trump would not have stood a chance, so this is on them as much as anyone at this point.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Forum Resident
#104 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 11:28 PM
Keep in mind Trump was predicted President of the USA long time ago but I think he'll stay four years or perhaps he could be exit far before.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Theorist
#105 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
I am now from the United States of Naziland.

I know you're pissed, but I never hope you will live in a real naziland. Though the US has a lot of social issues, doubting me if the USA is really a first world country and not a third world country, a naziland is something completely different.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Instructor
#106 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 9:58 AM
I live in Denmark, somewhere on the west coast. But I plan to move to Copenhagen to study next year.
Instructor
#107 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 5:26 PM
im from earf.
Scholar
#108 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 8:34 PM
I'm from Hell.

Just kidding. I live in the good old US of A. Minnesota, to beexact. We have two weather cycles: Freezing and extremely hot. We're in the freezing thing right now.
Test Subject
#109 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 9:30 PM
California, and that's a specific as I care to get
Test Subject
#110 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 7:39 AM
Hi I am Lydia and I am from Texas and I love surfing. Glad to meet you all.
Test Subject
#111 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 9:07 AM
I am from Denmark, and live in the 3rd largest city called Odense ( which is not very big).
Page 5 of 5