|Search this Thread|
|12th May 2005, 07:07 AM||Orphaned Meshes - what do I do with 'em? #1|
Heya guys! I just did a major assessment of my /downloads folder and I realized:
"HEY! I've got a cr@pload of meshes here without skins! What do I do with those?"
So... er, what do I do with those? '' Is there any way to slap a skin on them using BodyShop, or whatever it's called (the one that Maxis made but doesn't support)?
|13th May 2005, 01:15 PM||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2005
My suggestion is, if you're familiar with the use of SimPE;
1. _Move_ all the Ophaned Meshes out of your Downloads directory, to
somewhere 'safe', (_outside_ your EA Games directory).
At this point any problems caused to your game by missing Meshes will
2. Make a _copy_ of those Meshes, in somewhere safer, make sure they
are copies, not just shortcuts.
3. Open the _copy_ of the Mesh Package, in SimPE.
4. Click on the 'Resource Node' or 'Shape' entry, in the top right hand panel.
5. Click on 'Plugin View' tab.
6. Click on 'Content' tab.
You will be presented with a panel containing two one line panels, one labeled
'Blocklist' and one labeled 'Filename', these normally have very similar contents
and look a bit like these;
7. Write down the part after the eclamation mark ( ! ) and before the
underscores ( __ ) preceding the 'tfbody...'. In the example above,
this is 'amstfgothskirt'
NOTE: 'tfbody' means Teen Female Body, your package _could_ have
anything, so only write down what makes sense to identify the Mesh.
8. all the Sims 2 sites from which you have Downloaded and find
at least one texture for the mesh.
9. Put your Mesh and Texture(s) back into your Downloads folder and
10. Repeat Steps 3 to 9 for all your Ophaned Meshes
I don't yet have a procedure for for the reverse case of missing Meshes,
but I'm working on it.
If at any point during the procedure above, or even just reading it, your
brain starts to fry, just stop and wait! The Mesh Matching tool is on it's
way, it won't go and the web for you, but it will simplify things.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
ONLY EVER WORK ON __COPIES__ OF YOUR FILES / PACKAGES
THINGS CAN GO WRONG, MOSTLY THEY DON'T, BUT THEY CAN
|14th May 2005, 05:24 AM||#3|
cool! Thanks, Pibber. I'll give it a try.
|14th May 2005, 03:03 PM||#4|
Join Date: Apr 2005
That's Ok, let know us how you get on.
The missing Mesh procedure is a _lot_ more complicated, but it
should be completed in a day a two.