Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 3:46 AM
Default WCIF recolours of the Batbox?
I love the Batbox and have one on every lot, but it doesn't always fit in with the decor. I know I could hide it, but was wondering if anyone has made any recolours? Google is unhelpful in this regard, so I'm guessing the answer will be no, but I figured I'd ask just in case...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 3:58 AM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 7:02 AM
Ohh, that looks....complicated. And I am stupid. Thank you, @Annaminna, I will try to make some sense out of it all and see what I can do!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 7:23 AM Last edited by marka93 : 17th Jun 2016 at 10:02 PM.
I did this for myself. it is a vase with flower.
http://simfil.es/87894/

Edit to add Pic of it.
Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 9:38 AM
@marka93, I could kiss you! Except that'd be kinda weird and awkward. But thank you so much!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 2:10 PM
I never bother myself - I just stick it under the foundation. You generally only need it for emergencies or fixing stuff anyway.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by klapaucius
I love the Batbox and have one on every lot, but it doesn't always fit in with the decor.

Can I see a picture of the house where it does fit in with the decor? XD
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 3:05 PM
I've been known to make houses in monochrome with bright yellow accents. It'd work there.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Theorist
#9 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 3:25 PM
I found that it fits inside a square hedge using move objects on. Usually I choose one not too close to front of building, or using the quarter tile cheat and move the hedge a bit forward with the batbox centered on that tile. Most often, if not using hedges, it sits on the roof or under foundation. With move objects on, it can also sit on an upper floor just outside a wall. I mostly use tiny lots, usually lot adjusted ones, so space is limited for hiding objects. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 3:35 PM
Personally when I need it I buy it and then delete it when I'm done with it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 4:36 PM
The problem with that Peni is that it has some functions which are meant to work when the build/buy options are greyed out - re-enable controls is one. In that situation, you can't open buy mode to get it and use the function. Mind you, the situations when that is necessary are more likely to be ones when you should quit without saving anyway but still. It is designed, for some functions - emergencies - to be useable at all times which is why Pes recommends to leave it on lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 4:58 PM
And the problem with an invisible recolour is you'd never find it again lol.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 6:59 PM
Mine always gets shoved in the attic.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Mine always gets shoved in the attic.

Best place for a lot of things.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Best place for a lot of things.

I keep most of my family there, too!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#16 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
The problem with that Peni is that it has some functions which are meant to work when the build/buy options are greyed out - re-enable controls is one. In that situation, you can't open buy mode to get it and use the function. Mind you, the situations when that is necessary are more likely to be ones when you should quit without saving anyway but still. It is designed, for some functions - emergencies - to be useable at all times which is why Pes recommends to leave it on lot.

But there's also the "boolprop dormSpecificToolsDisabled false" cheat which can make the buy option available again, even if it was greyed out before.
I always do this when there's fire. Using that cheat to enable buy mode and then "move_objects on" to remove the fire.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#17 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
But there's also the "boolprop dormSpecificToolsDisabled false" cheat which can make the buy option available again, even if it was greyed out before.
I always do this when there's fire. Using that cheat to enable buy mode and then "move_objects on" to remove the fire.

I *think* (it's been a while) the option originally was developed with that bug which I think came with University where the build mode would get locked out for some people. It was fixed in a patch but Pes retained the option because there were other situations where that could happen. The main thing it is for, though, is to re-enable Save when it gets locked out. That, of course, is not always a good idea and like many things on the batbox you need to use it with caution (and have a good idea of what you are doing).

Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 9:59 PM
I always wanted to re-texture the batbox to look like a central air conditioner unit but never got around to it. After I saw this post I opened SimPE to see what could be done. The way the batbox is mapped seriously limits what can be done but I think I came up with something slightly less ugly than the bat box. I hope it's okay to attach it here. I'm sure someone will let me know if it's not.

Just open the attached rar file and drop the xxx-batbox-replacement-texture.package into the same folder as the ffsdebugger.package and it will override the batbox textures. Just delete my file if you would rather have the bat.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  xxx-batbox-replacement-texture.rar (2.4 KB, 16 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#19 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 10:03 PM
I added a pic to the one I did in post #4

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#20 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Personally when I need it I buy it and then delete it when I'm done with it.

Almost the same. But It goes into a sim's inventory instead.
I'll look into the tut posted in here as well. I thought about turning it into something more appealing to me before, but I am still bugged by..editing someone else's creation. But hey...he posted the how to...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 2:03 AM
@gordyfl, that is awesome, thank you so much!
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by klapaucius
@gordyfl, that is awesome, thank you so much!

You're welcome! It's not much but like I said... I think it's less ugly that the batbox.