Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Overachieving Plate Rack with Slots and Wall Movement

by Butterbot Posted 9th Jul 2016 at 4:31 PM - Updated 9th Jul 2016 at 9:33 PM by Butterbot : Formatting

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 5:17 PM
Thank you, that's so much better that way!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 11:56 PM
Very useful. Thanks for the creation.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 12:31 AM
Thanks, it always bugged me not being to move this rack up or down.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 3:04 AM
This is great! I will definitely find this useful.

But out of curiosity; if one uses this mod to place the item in a lot, and then someone else downloads the lot with that item in it, will it stay in position if the second person doesn't have your mod? And will items placed in the slots stay in place? Or do you know?
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
But out of curiosity; if one uses this mod to place the item in a lot, and then someone else downloads the lot with that item in it, will it stay in position if the second person doesn't have your mod? And will items placed in the slots stay in place? Or do you know?

My guess would be that the items will stay put as long as the second person does not move it, but I cannot say for sure. If it's any consolation, you're free to distribute this mod with your lots.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 5:57 PM
I like this object, but stopped using it because I couldn't do anything with it. Many thanks for making and sharing this mod!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 10:56 PM
Thi s is a great override! I love the extra slots on the top. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 7:04 AM
Very useful, Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 7:04 AM
Very useful, Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 7:02 PM
Thank you. I appreciate all of your work.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 10:41 AM
no words to describe my happiness to see this superb function on this rack I like it a lot.Many thank you !
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 4:07 PM
Very nice
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 2:46 AM
This is awesome! Thank you for sharing <3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 4:16 PM
Thank you so much for this. I hardly ever use this because of its unshiftability. Now, I'll probably overuse it for awhile.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 8:24 PM
THANKS FOR THIS AND ALL YOUR OTHER AMAZING MODS.
Would you mind letting me know where you got the table pictured underneath the plate rack, the little cart? and maybe that mortar and pestle?
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 9:00 PM
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 11:01 PM
Thank you so much! I often thought this would be more useful if I could move it up and down. The fact that you also added slots makes it even more amazing. :)
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 6:51 AM
I know this is a long shot, but I can't seem to get this working. Instead of the original Plate Rack(installed via the launcher as part of the Full Bayside Set from the official store website) being overwritten and me getting the changes, I end up with a second, incomplete catalogue entry, meaning it has a thumbnail and hovering over it shows a price and name, but doesn't open up the description or allow me to place the shelf. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 3:30 AM
@Lille

There are a couple of things you can try that will narrow down the cause of the problem.

1. Can you place the shelf from the other catalogue entry (the one that seems to work)?
2. If so, when you place it can you shift it up and down on the wall?
3. Does it have slots?
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by epochtimestamp
@Lille

There are a couple of things you can try that will narrow down the cause of the problem.

1. Can you place the shelf from the other catalogue entry (the one that seems to work)?
2. If so, when you place it can you shift it up and down on the wall?
3. Does it have slots?

I can place the other one, it however does not shift and doesn't have slots either sadly. Thanks for trying to help me figure this out!
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 1:59 AM
That's very interesting, it looks like the mod is not overriding the installed store content and as a result you are seeing two separate objects.

You can confirm this hypothesis with Nraas Debug Enabler. With Debug Enabler installed, click on the object in live mode and choose Nraas -> DebugEnabler -> Options -> ResourceKey.
The detailed instructions are available here: https://www.nraas.net/community/Finding-CC. You only need to do Step 1 for objects.

This should result in a pop-up notification with the Resource Key. It will look something like: 319e4f1d:00000000:00000000000f4303

If you can reply with the Resource Key, we can confirm that you indeed have a different version of the store content, which would require an updated mod to remedy. On the other hand, if Resource Key matches the mod, then something else must be going wrong.
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 6:13 AM
That's very interesting, it looks like the mod is not overriding the installed store content and as a result you are seeing two separate objects.

You can confirm this hypothesis with Nraas Debug Enabler. With Debug Enabler installed, click on the object in live mode and choose Nraas -> DebugEnabler -> Options -> ResourceKey.
The detailed instructions are available here: https://www.nraas.net/community/Finding-CC. You only need to do Step 1 for objects.

This should result in a pop-up notification with the Resource Key. It will look something like: 319e4f1d:00000000:00000000000f4303

If you can reply with the Resource Key, we can confirm that you indeed have a different version of the store content, which would require an updated mod to remedy. On the other hand, if Resource Key matches the mod, then something else must be going wrong.

Checking with Debug Enabler gave me this Resource Key:

319e4f1d:01000000:00000000000f4303
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 7:05 AM
@Lille

I had a go at making a version of the mod that might work for you. I changed the group id (the middle part of the Resource Key) from 00000000 in the mod to 01000000 that is present in your game. Hopefully that'll do the trick!

Just replace the package file with the one I uploaded.
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 4:31 PM
@Lille

I had a go at making a version of the mod that might work for you. I changed the group id (the middle part of the Resource Key) from 00000000 in the mod to 01000000 that is present in your game. Hopefully that'll do the trick!

Just replace the package file with the one I uploaded.

A thousand thanks! IT WORKS! Thank you so much!
Edit: Correction: The shifting works now, but the slots do not yet work, and there is still a second catalogue entry.
Page 1 of 2