Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Canning Station Overhaul [UPDATE: Aug 2 2016]

by Butterbot Posted 28th Jul 2016 at 10:34 AM - Updated 28th Apr 2018 at 5:06 AM by Butterbot : Content

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 97 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 11:07 AM
Finally you did it! Thank you so much for this fantastic mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 11:12 AM
So glad people still care about the Sims 3 and make such incredible mods! Huge thanks Butterbot :)
Icy Spicy
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 11:29 AM
This has turned into one EPIC mod.Thank you so very much !
Theorist
#5 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 12:09 PM
Woah! I was expecting this to be good from the old creation thread, but it appears to have more extras than I thought it would. You can become dizzy trying to see all the features added! Thank you!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 12:19 PM
Thanks for the kind comments so far.

If anyone is interested in seeing a little bit how the sausage was made, so the speak, and the frankly amazing work that the testers have done, the changelogs for the alpha releases are on my user journal.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 12:41 PM
Wow, you did an amazing job! I specially like the ginseng 'healing' soup and the different spreads. Finally bees are going to be useful!! I think I'll be making a sim that mainly relies on bees, eat honey spreads and sell candles :)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 1:14 PM
I sat reading the description then immediately looked at the date on my PC thinking it was April 1st.
Was so happy that THIS IS FOR REAL! ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS??? THIS IS THE BEST MOD I'VE SEEN IN AGES!!!!
Thank You so much for tidying up and improving EA's broken crap. Where would we all be without awesome fixers and creators like you guys?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 1:17 PM
Thank you for making such an awesome and in-depth mod! I look forward to actually making use of the canning station in future play sessions, now.

I did want to double check about editing the decrap_fixes file before I do it, since I don't normally mess with objd files at all. For the slot placement flags information that I'm changing, I just replace what's in the parentheses with what you said, right? Or do I need to change the number, too? I attached a jpeg image, in case it might help.

Once again, thank you.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 1:18 PM
It's here! I can attest to what a great mod this is. It adds some wonderful new interactions to the game (candle making- hooray). It was crafted with care and attention, and is well thought out and implemented. I love the presentation. I love this mod! Congratulations, Butterbot!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 1:23 PM
This mod is unbelievable!!! I love it already and I haven't even tried it out yet, I know I'm going to love it - and use it - to death!
You've done so much to overhaul this item - all your notes, there is so much to read! I just can't beleive it lol.
This can't get in my game fast enough Thank you so much for making this mod, Butterbot! <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 1:38 PM
OMG! (*_*) I was hoping and praying for a mod like this!
Thank you so so much! (^)(^^)
Now my sims will eat nutella!!! \(^_^)/ Yay!
Scholar
#13 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 1:50 PM
I have this mod installed that adds more slots and better rotation etc to the Canning Station:
http://everlasting-garden.tumblr.co...randmas-canning
but I guess it's not needed anymore, no?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 1:50 PM
If only EA gave us the canning stations actually with all these features! )
Thanks so much and you did a great job!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:00 PM
OMG I am soooo happy that you made this mod! Can we sell the canned goods using custom ingredients as well, just like the regular stuff?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:07 PM
Tomatoes make ketchup right? Is there a way that perhaps you could make it so that like Tomatoes with various other ingredients made spaghetti sauce? Like tomato with; basil, garlic, cheese, hamburger, onion, etc? Maybe someone could make oregano. Or you could make alfredo sauce with milk and/or cheese with garlic and olive oil....?
Theorist
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:07 PM
Butterbot, this is fantastic! You have done an amazing job. I love this so much and now share it with all my Simming friends! Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:09 PM
Thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:22 PM
@nixicole

You've almost got it:

1. Select the canningJarJam OBJD resource like you did in S3PE.
2. Click on the "Grid" button at the bottom of the screen. This will pop up a new window titled "Data Grid".
3. Locate the row named "SlotPlacementFlags" and click on the small triangle next to it. This will expand the sub-rows it contains.
4. Set the flags mentioned in the mod's description to "True".
5. Click "Commit". This closes the Data Grid window and temporarily saves the changes just made.
6. Go to File --> Save to permanently save the changes.

Don't forget to back up the decrap_fixes file before making the changes in case you need to revert.

Enjoy the mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:26 PM
This is absolutely amazing, and I can't imagine the hours put in to make it so. Thank you so much for all of the hard work! Thank goodness we have modders out there who are willing to put in the hours that EA should have!
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:30 PM
@desiree101

Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
I have this mod installed that adds more slots and better rotation etc to the Canning Station: http://everlasting-garden.tumblr.co...randmas-canning but I guess it's not needed anymore, no?

Correct, you don't need that mod anymore. However, the Canning Station Overhaul's slots are arranged a little bit differently from that mod, so if you prefer to keep Everlasting Garden's version, put that mod into the Overrides folder and its slots will take precedence, provided that the Canning Station Overhaul is installed in your Mods/Packages folder (and not Overrides).

@cdshrout1171

The custom canning jars can be sold via the inventory and through NRaas Consigner (I have not tested the latter myself, but one of the testers reported success with it).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:42 PM
This is really great! It would be pretty cool if more of the supernatural and uni as well as store fruit could be utilized and become more functional like the ginger broth. That would probably be a lot of work lol but it would be amazing.
Scholar
#23 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
@desiree101

Correct, you don't need that mod anymore. However, the Canning Station Overhaul's slots are arranged a little bit differently from that mod, so if you prefer to keep Everlasting Garden's version, put that mod into the Overrides folder and its slots will take precedence, provided that the Canning Station Overhaul is installed in your Mods/Packages folder (and not Overrides).

@cdshrout1171

The custom canning jars can be sold via the inventory and through NRaas Consigner (I have not tested the latter myself, but one of the testers reported success with it).

Thanks Butterbot! I think one mod is enough This is fantastic, now my sim can have Scrambled eggs on toast!

I can confirm, the jars can be sold via the consignment store with NRaas Consigner installed. Sometimes you have to click on the consignment clerk rather than the register itself to be able to sell more stuff, I don't know why.
Also, they sell very well with Ani's Produce Stand and her Savvier Seller mod
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 3:20 PM
Butterbot, Absolutely FANTASTIC. Thank you so much for this. :lovestruc :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 3:32 PM
Thank you for making this, Butterbot, and for adding all the functions to the Canning Station that you did, such as candlemaking. One would have thought that EA would have added these functions to it, but unfortunately they did not. But this is where wonderful creators such as you step in, and make things better. Thank you for being thoughtful, and for improving on EA's Canning Station. I cannot wait for more Sims 3 creations from you.
Page 1 of 9