Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 4:05 PM
Default Debt burden in the game. How do you deal with it?
I currently have a family which have a debt burden (+100 000§). The head of the household, Vixente, an only child, inherited this debt when his father, Dali died.
This debt (Cyjon's loan jar) is due to me forgotten its existence when Dali's first wife died in a fire. At the time Vixente was a child.

Nowadays Vixente is married with three children, two of them being at Uni and the youngest one a teen. His wife and he are in Maxis careers but they're struggling to pay the interests of the loan and the bills. They live in a barely decorated 3 bedrooms/1 bathroom house.

Things got worse when taxes were due. They were left with very little money and Vixente's wife and son are currently sick with the flu.
They can't afford to move unless they become homeless. In spite of the struggling, Vixente and his wife are strongly in love.

What would you do?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 4:15 PM
Restructure the debt. $100k on the default interest is $3k a day, so no wonder your sims are struggling.

Divide it into chunks of $10k. That's $300 interest a day which should be more managable. Or, heck, even $5k if your sims are that desperate. But either way, I'd break the debt down into smaller chunks to replicate a real life debt management/restructuring. Less money paid per month, but paying the loan for a lot longer.

Depending on how your sims go, you may only be able to clear a $20-$30k chunk before the debt is passed on. But, if you can get that small amount of debt paid off, splitting between three children makes it once again more manageable. Even clearing $10k means each child inherits $30k (plus whatever university and mortgage debt you may or may not have in place). Again, $10k (or $5k) chunks.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 4:33 PM
Even using Maxis jobs I can gen up well over 250k before 1 sim turns elder so I don't under stand how this debt was pass on in the first place.

Finish off the collage then bring the kids back to the house and work there butts off until it is paid off.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 4:43 PM
Personally I tends to use the Cash rewards by openeing a ticket venue business instead of having one of the sims working and reach it to lvl 5, which chops off 80-85K from a debt. Home business if you cant afford a community lot. But it can backfire because if the business is unsuccessful, you might loose money instead and can be consider "cheaty" for some simmer because the sim dont age on community lots unless using the hack that alter the time (which I dont use).

----that or opening a fundraiser charity depending on what kind of family it is (A sim in the medicine track might start a charity for free health care for poor sims, while a pet farmer might start a stray animal shelter). (with I.e monique payeer bills or the 1K hacked computer. The hacked computer is also useful to do investment on, where you save the extra money and each morning, it get an interest.

Most of my sim families take loans on 100K to build their homes or opening wit business with, and I often use those methods to get rid of the debts, but I might consider Katya's suggestion as well and split it up between the children. Some of my founding families started off with barely 15K in starting funds and have a BACC flavor where the maxi jobs are unlocked so they need to earn it a bit differently.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 5:37 PM
Declare bankruptcy????

Just kidding ..I'm not even sure how that stuff works in real life.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 5:49 PM
Like in real life, ignore it until they somehow win a good chunk of money.

No but seriously I just have them pay a chunk of whatever they have if they have over 1k in their pocket. I currently only have two sims with debt, a 10k and 30k, so not much experience since I haven't gotten to them in the rotation. I also have the interest rate at 5% I believe, because I hate my own student debt and apparently my game is not an escape but a way to force others into my same pain
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 7:16 PM
There are chance cards even with 40,000 or so. Just let your sim hang on community lots with load of musical instruments. all tips are yours....
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 7:17 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 29th Jul 2016 at 9:53 PM. Reason: Typo
Quote: Originally posted by Katya Stevens
Divide it into chunks of $10k. That's $300 interest a day which should be more managable.

I'm sorry, but how does that help? Ten jars with 300 a day is still 3k, so doing that doesn't make it lower, it just looks lower. Sure, if you then send the jars with kids they each take a little less, but it doesn't change the total interest.

What is your interest set to? In my game I have it on 1%, because I think that's quite enough. I'd like to have 0,5%, but I haven't been able to find a way to modify the jar to allow that. If you use Cyjons bigger bills and want the percentage to be higher because of that, have you considered using Amura's version? Lets you choose one rate for houses, and one for apartments, and it's not tied to the loan jar so you can set interest to what you want.

How I'd handle it varies, depends on the Sim and the situation. The large loans do get very hard to pay off, since all your money is spent on paying off interest to keep it from getting even bigger, so sometimes if there is a rich friend or family, I'd take out a "private" loan with the family/friend that has no interest or has a set fee. That way they can focus on paying off the loan, and not be crippled by interest. I only do that if I feel the Sim would have a hard time with their loan, because generally I enjoy the game more if Sims have loans to pay off.

Some Sims that run businesses are allowed to use the money perk, if I feel the cost for their house or business was massive and the return a bit slow. One example of this is my farm. I wanted to have a farm family, and I wanted them to start out as YAs with two adopted toddlers. They were straight out of CAS, and the farm cost over 200k to buy. Considering produce takes a while to grow, and then they had to sell it in their business, those 200k were a lot for them to handle. One has a small 1x1 community lot where I first intended to sell the produce, but then I decided to go with a home business that the other one opened, so I let both of them take out all the money perks. They still have about 100k in debt due to the extended period where they couldn't pay off anything, and I don't believe they paid off their university costs either, which ought to be another 80k or so. But now the cost is manageable, because the farm is up and running and they sell produce daily.

Sims not allowed private loans or OFB perks, have to buckle down and work hard. Some settle for just paying off interest, not trying to reduce the loan size, others slowly try to pay it off. Those who want to pay it off would probably focus on getting promotions, and may sometimes switch jobs once they get high-ish, so that they can start over and get promoted in something new so they keep getting promotion bonuses. If they don't have conventional maxis career jobs, they'd put more hours on whatever brings in the money. Some might try using their social life to their advantage, trying to meet new people hoping for helpful secret networking benefits, or going on outings and selling the objects they get. Not everyone is allowed that method, and generally only if they don't earn much in their career and I don't want them to get promoted more.

Hard to say what I'd do in your situation, since I don't know the family and your rules for taxes and such. But generally if I'm really desperate, I'd pick career by how much you earn rather than what the Sim might like (which you could either find out by checking the wiki, or downloading my sim income spreadsheet). I'd also make sure the teen child has the best paying job, and that they do money-earning activities in their spare time, like go for a family fishing trip, or paint/dig for treasure. I'd also look into if they could save money by selling the house and moving to a small apartment. It would add rent to the weekly costs, but if the house sale can reduce the loan amount it might reduce the interest to a more manageable level.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 8:13 PM
I work them like dogs.

Plant crops, plant more crops, and plant more crops. The entire family. Strip away and sell everything they hold dear until there's only four walls, toilet, and cheapest of beds. They don't get a roof, that's for sims without debt.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Scholar
#10 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I'm sorry, but how does that help? Then jars with 300 a day is still 3k, so doing that doesn't make it lower, it just looks lower. Sure, if you then send the jars with kids they each take a little less, but it doesn't change the total interest.

Not ten jars of $10k each, but one jar of $10k. Yes, it would mean deleting the old jar and fiddling around with money in order to recreate the debt (easiest thing is probably loan jar -> borrow $10k -> donate $10k on monique's computer) and requires some note-taking and remembering the fact, but you'd only be focusing on one $10k jar/loan at a time. Once one is paid off, you then debt the family by $10k again and start paying that off.
Scholar
#11 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 10:31 PM
Get the shovel out and start digging.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Theorist
#12 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 10:47 PM
Pretend they have received some sort of debt restructuring deal/program from the creditor. You could then lower the interest rate on the loan (if you do not already have it set to the minimum), so at least the accrued interest would not be as high. I find it is far too easy to forget about Cyjon's Loan Jar (no matter where you place it) and try and keep the interest rates really low when using it (just in case I miss a payment or two), or just use Monique's Hacked Computer for loan distribution instead since I tend to have my sims use the banking feature multiple times during a rotation.

Also, just an idea, but since you admitted that you had forgotten about the loan's existence, maybe you could have an unknown long lost relative leave them an inheritance (familyfunds cheat) of say maybe half of what's owed on the loan. They could keep a tiny portion for themselves (not enough to end the struggle...just get by for a while longer without moving) and use the rest to pay down the loan.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Alchemist
#13 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 11:30 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 29th Jul 2016 at 11:42 PM.
if you do not mind cheats; lots of "motherlode" may help. or a high positive amount in "family funds" if you have any of those expansions (first released with Nightlife).

edit:: never downloaded any of the loan objects; and I do not plan to download any of them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I currently have a family which have a debt burden (+100 000§). The head of the household, Vixente, an only child, inherited this debt when his father, Dali died.
This debt (Cyjon's loan jar) is due to me forgotten its existence when Dali's first wife died in a fire. At the time Vixente was a child.

Nowadays Vixente is married with three children, two of them being at Uni and the youngest one a teen. His wife and he are in Maxis careers but they're struggling to pay the interests of the loan and the bills. They live in a barely decorated 3 bedrooms/1 bathroom house.

Things got worse when taxes were due. They were left with very little money and Vixente's wife and son are currently sick with the flu.
They can't afford to move unless they become homeless. In spite of the struggling, Vixente and his wife are strongly in love.

What would you do?

Well firstly do they earn enough to pay tax? Most places or certainly here has a tax free thresh hold, so if you earn under a certain amount you don't pay tax.

Second what type of social welfare do you have in place? Perhaps look to starting a second hand store for poorer sims. You could sell them some solar panels cheaply to help reduce their home bills.

Then for making extra cash that for me depends on the sim.
First I would set the interest rate at 1% even if the rates are normally higher. Again a form of help given due to hardship.
Restaurant guides bring in good cash but I only allow restaurant owners or sims with full cooking points to write them.
Novels
Painting
Financial help on the computer. My mayor has debt even higher and that's what he is doing when he isn't at work.
Digging-I only allow certain sims to dig since its so unrealistic.
Beach treasures-my homeless teen made a good daily amount doing that. Since the most expensive item is around $400 not $5K that seemed plausible.

Forth would be some donations from some charitable types in the community to help lower the debt.

Fifth if despite it all the debt reached this set figure you must now sell everything you own to try and cover it and now you are homeless.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 7:13 AM
Not ten jars of $10k each, but one jar of $10k. Yes, it would mean deleting the old jar and fiddling around with money in order to recreate the debt (easiest thing is probably loan jar -> borrow $10k -> donate $10k on monique's computer) and requires some note-taking and remembering the fact, but you'd only be focusing on one $10k jar/loan at a time. Once one is paid off, you then debt the family by $10k again and start paying that off.

Alright, that makes more sense

Your post reminded me of another thing I do, with some Sims. Monique's computer interest is way too high for my liking, and I don't like that it progresses on community lots. I stopped using it for loans, but I do allow some Sims to save money using it. It may seem counter-intuitive to save money while in debt, but the interest on savings on the computer can be used to pay the interest on the loan. Since I have 1% interest on the loan jar, and Monique's computer interest is higher, it can cancel each other out despite loan jar being daily and Monique's not being daily. I use that method with Sims that I would like to pay loans off slowly, so that the interest doesn't end up crippling them.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
I work them like dogs.

Plant crops, plant more crops, and plant more crops. The entire family. Strip away and sell everything they hold dear until there's only four walls, toilet, and cheapest of beds. They don't get a roof, that's for sims without debt.

Crops, fishing, painting, digging for treasure...
Theorist
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 10:09 PM
Restructure the debt. $100k on the default interest is $3k a day, so no wonder your sims are struggling.

Divide it into chunks of $10k. That's $300 interest a day which should be more managable. Or, heck, even $5k if your sims are that desperate. But either way, I'd break the debt down into smaller chunks to replicate a real life debt management/restructuring. Less money paid per month, but paying the loan for a lot longer.

Depending on how your sims go, you may only be able to clear a $20-$30k chunk before the debt is passed on. But, if you can get that small amount of debt paid off, splitting between three children makes it once again more manageable. Even clearing $10k means each child inherits $30k (plus whatever university and mortgage debt you may or may not have in place). Again, $10k (or $5k) chunks.

Sounds interesting. Your post #10 is helpful as I didn't see how to set this.
Luckily my students don't have mortgage but they have to pay 1200§/semester. They get back to the main hood with very little money. Boris may get back to the family home but I'm not sure about Fréa. She's eager to start her own family.

Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Even using Maxis jobs I can gen up well over 250k before 1 sim turns elder so I don't under stand how this debt was pass on in the first place.

Finish off the collage then bring the kids back to the house and work there butts off until it is paid off.

I quit playing Legacy style a while ago, mind you. ;-) None of my sims have that much money unless they're old money. Nevertheless my richest household has 188 868§ from lot view. I guess it's not much but I'm not interested in my sims being filthy rich.
I was thinking about sharing the debt among the kids but I'm not sure the three of them want to live together.

Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
Personally I tends to use the Cash rewards by openeing a ticket venue business instead of having one of the sims working and reach it to lvl 5, which chops off 80-85K from a debt. Home business if you cant afford a community lot. But it can backfire because if the business is unsuccessful, you might loose money instead and can be consider "cheaty" for some simmer because the sim dont age on community lots unless using the hack that alter the time (which I dont use).

----that or opening a fundraiser charity depending on what kind of family it is (A sim in the medicine track might start a charity for free health care for poor sims, while a pet farmer might start a stray animal shelter). (with I.e monique payeer bills or the 1K hacked computer. The hacked computer is also useful to do investment on, where you save the extra money and each morning, it get an interest.

Most of my sim families take loans on 100K to build their homes or opening wit business with, and I often use those methods to get rid of the debts, but I might consider Katya's suggestion as well and split it up between the children. Some of my founding families started off with barely 15K in starting funds and have a BACC flavor where the maxi jobs are unlocked so they need to earn it a bit differently.

I barely use the cash rewards since I find those too "cheaty". They're allowed for the governmental businesses (bank, school, PO...) but I'd rather use the other perks instead.
My sims often get small loans to buy a house but they're cheap (1x1 lot costs 3000§ and I also have Jo's council houses). I don't play apartments but I may add some. I'm not sure yet.
I currently have a sim who borrowed 40K to buy his farm (vineyard). I let him in his Maxis career because I don't know if he'll succeed in paying his loan back.

Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Declare bankruptcy????

Just kidding ..I'm not even sure how that stuff works in real life.

This is a thing IRL. Thanks to you I did some research. To summarize it involves filling out a file and bringing the case before Court.

Quote: Originally posted by deadhead_kay
Like in real life, ignore it until they somehow win a good chunk of money.

I think this is what lead him to that 100K debt.

Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
There are chance cards even with 40,000 or so. Just let your sim hang on community lots with load of musical instruments. all tips are yours....

Those sims are homebodies, I swear.

Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
What is your interest set to? In my game I have it on 1%, because I think that's quite enough. I'd like to have 0,5%, but I haven't been able to find a way to modify the jar to allow that. If you use Cyjons bigger bills and want the percentage to be higher because of that, have you considered using Amura's version? Lets you choose one rate for houses, and one for apartments, and it's not tied to the loan jar so you can set interest to what you want.

How I'd handle it varies, depends on the Sim and the situation. The large loans do get very hard to pay off, since all your money is spent on paying off interest to keep it from getting even bigger, so sometimes if there is a rich friend or family, I'd take out a "private" loan with the family/friend that has no interest or has a set fee. That way they can focus on paying off the loan, and not be crippled by interest. I only do that if I feel the Sim would have a hard time with their loan, because generally I enjoy the game more if Sims have loans to pay off.

Sims not allowed private loans or OFB perks, have to buckle down and work hard. Some settle for just paying off interest, not trying to reduce the loan size, others slowly try to pay it off. Those who want to pay it off would probably focus on getting promotions, and may sometimes switch jobs once they get high-ish, so that they can start over and get promoted in something new so they keep getting promotion bonuses. If they don't have conventional maxis career jobs, they'd put more hours on whatever brings in the money. Some might try using their social life to their advantage, trying to meet new people hoping for helpful secret networking benefits, or going on outings and selling the objects they get. Not everyone is allowed that method, and generally only if they don't earn much in their career and I don't want them to get promoted more.

Hard to say what I'd do in your situation, since I don't know the family and your rules for taxes and such. But generally if I'm really desperate, I'd pick career by how much you earn rather than what the Sim might like (which you could either find out by checking the wiki, or downloading my sim income spreadsheet). I'd also make sure the teen child has the best paying job, and that they do money-earning activities in their spare time, like go for a family fishing trip, or paint/dig for treasure. I'd also look into if they could save money by selling the house and moving to a small apartment. It would add rent to the weekly costs, but if the house sale can reduce the loan amount it might reduce the interest to a more manageable level.

I'm a loose player so I can't say which career pays more. I recently add a lower wages mod.
I also don't recall what my interest is set on. I don't think it's more than 5%. I'll check when I get back to their house.
I don't track my sims much. I'm not geeky enough. I only track taxes and the hood funds.
I dislike money from the sky so my sims don't dig for treasure (except my trailer park challenge family). I think my adventure sims should be allowed to. My sims barely paint unless they're artists.
I saw Amura's bigger bills mod. It lacks the tuition part I have in the bigger mod I'm currently using (AH's mod). I was contemplating adding Cyjon's mod but it'll kill Vixente's household so I should wait.

Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
Pretend they have received some sort of debt restructuring deal/program from the creditor. You could then lower the interest rate on the loan (if you do not already have it set to the minimum), so at least the accrued interest would not be as high. I find it is far too easy to forget about Cyjon's Loan Jar (no matter where you place it) and try and keep the interest rates really low when using it (just in case I miss a payment or two), or just use Monique's Hacked Computer for loan distribution instead since I tend to have my sims use the banking feature multiple times during a rotation.

Also, just an idea, but since you admitted that you had forgotten about the loan's existence, maybe you could have an unknown long lost relative leave them an inheritance (familyfunds cheat) of say maybe half of what's owed on the loan. They could keep a tiny portion for themselves (not enough to end the struggle...just get by for a while longer without moving) and use the rest to pay down the loan.

I'm using Monique's computer only for paying taxes.
Thanks for your great input. I really like it.

Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Send your Sim to debtor's prison. Muhahahahahaha!

My police station only has one cell. It's already taken by the ex-NPC burglar. He is sentenced to 5 years of prison.

Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
if you do not mind cheats; lots of "motherlode" may help. or a high positive amount in "family funds" if you have any of those expansions (first released with Nightlife).

No way.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Well firstly do they earn enough to pay tax? Most places or certainly here has a tax free thresh hold, so if you earn under a certain amount you don't pay tax.

Yes they do. Vixente is L7 in the paranormal career (wages are reduced in line with the BG careers) and his wife is maybe L8 or 9 in the science career. If the amount of the taxes is less than 1K they're tax free. Taxes are 10% of the NH view amount. They also get credit (500§ per child) when they have children to support.

Second what type of social welfare do you have in place? Perhaps look to starting a second hand store for poorer sims. You could sell them some solar panels cheaply to help reduce their home bills.

I recently add a social welfare mod for my retired employees.
The bigger bills mod I have prevents bills being reduced.

Then for making extra cash that for me depends on the sim.
First I would set the interest rate at 1% even if the rates are normally higher. Again a form of help given due to hardship.
Restaurant guides bring in good cash but I only allow restaurant owners or sims with full cooking points to write them.
Novels
Painting
Financial help on the computer. My mayor has debt even higher and that's what he is doing when he isn't at work.
Digging-I only allow certain sims to dig since its so unrealistic.
Beach treasures-my homeless teen made a good daily amount doing that. Since the most expensive item is around $400 not $5K that seemed plausible.

Agreed. I think we're on the same wavelength.

Forth would be some donations from some charitable types in the community to help lower the debt.

Fifth if despite it all the debt reached this set figure you must now sell everything you own to try and cover it and now you are homeless.

I picture Vixente as a really proud sim so I don't think he'll accept donations and I can't see his household being homeless. They're all gifted after all.

Thank you all for your answers. I think I'm going to roll to know how things will work out for this household.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 5:42 AM
It's funny, because I recently ran into this issue myself in the game. I started sending Sims to "second jobs" after their workday was done. (Baristas, bartenders, DJs, freestyle for tips.) Cooking and dance contests if they have a good shot at winning. Stay up all night with coffee to catch some reward money by spotting a new star, planet or constellation. Be a personal trainer. Fix up a car if you can, sell for profit. Fish. Hope for a genie lamp.

Worst case scenario: Network and get that free shizz to sell it. Just sayin'.

I have also used Monique's computer to have parents send a little financial aid from their own funds to a struggling child or family they are close to. The wishing well is an alternative if you have either the one from BV or Seasons. Both have the option to grant 1,000 Simoleons.

I tend to have my Sims do those extra things which either correspond to their aspiration, storyline or hobby. There are so many ways to earn money in the game. Sometimes it requires a fresh pot of coffee and an all-nighter, but hey... I have worked two jobs in reality too!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 6:26 AM
I forgot about some of those ^ Not that I allow genie lamps or network gifts but the other things I do. I have at least 6 lamps in Coral Bay sitting up on shelves untouched.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#22 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 9:50 AM
Well genie lamps often stay in inventories untouched. I recently allow myself to use them to add a few days for my elders (especially those with grand-kids).
They're allowed to keep the network gifts but I'd like to mod those out. I should get that Cyjon's mod.
My sims barely do "second jobs" but they do when it fit them. I don't focus on earning money when I play the game.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 3:22 PM
Dig up some treasure chests

Not use genie lamps? I do - it is just my Sim family winning the lotto, so they all wish for money (except elders - they may wish for a long life).
Theorist
#24 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
My sims barely do "second jobs" but they do when it fit them. I don't focus on earning money when I play the game.

But, if you don't focus on sims earning money when you play, how do you ensure they earn enough to cover the added costs you impose?

I'm just curious, as like you and plenty of other players I love playing with the bigger (daily) bills mod, mortgage shrubs, lower wages for Maxis careers, lower waged custom careers, having my sims pay taxes (for home and business owners), tuition cost for schools (prep, private, college) and medical expenses of course, but also realized I had to scale things back a bit when it came to the global billing rate for daily bills and the interest rates for loans. It was either that, or constantly worry that at some point my sims (all of them) would be in danger of becoming homeless and/or I would have to spend more time focusing on how they would earn money to pay debts instead of filling their day with something other than work...which wouldn't be as fun long-term (at least for me).

At one point I even had Cyjon's No Life Insurance mod just to make things harder for my sims (boy did it ever) and recently removed it after using it for a few years. I'm not one of those players who gets every sim to the top of their careers (most own their own business, work two part-time jobs or only make it to level 5 of a career before I use Cyjon's Job Stopinator to keep them from getting promoted), so this might be the only bonus or unexpected cash a sim will ever receive.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Not use genie lamps? I do - it is just my Sim family winning the lotto, so they all wish for money (except elders - they may wish for a long life).

I just sell them and pretend the money was from one of those scratch lottery tickets or something :D
Page 1 of 4