Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 3:00 AM
Default Corinne Bailey Rae
Hi all,

I've been working on modeling a Sim after Corinne Bailey Rae, but I feel like I'm missing something. Additionally, I haven't downloaded any new hairstyles yet, which I think could make-or-break this Sim. Corinne Bailey Rae has some of the most beautiful hairstyles (in my opinion), which I'd like to use when uploading the Sim version of her.

I could use another set of eyeballs (or many sets!) on progress so far- see below.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 10:22 AM
She's a nice-looking sim. I'm not familiar with the IRL person so had to do a Google Image search - from what I can tell, her face should maybe be a little narrower, eyebrow shape a touch more curved/less arched, top lip could do with being widened out a bit. Nose bridge shape should be a little narrower at the top, and in profile view, the lower nose shape dips in a bit too sharply in the area above the nose tip. Also, was the sim smiling in CAS, or does she need her mouth corners turned down a little? Otherwise she would have a 'perma-smile', which the IRL person doesn't seem to have.

A good start and you're probably nearly there, but I hope people who are familiar with the real person will come along to add comments about how close the resemblance is. Good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 5:25 PM
Thanks for your advice, Esmeralda! (And yes, I just noticed the accidental perma-smile- that will definitely go). I'll play around a bit more and will post updates soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 12:04 PM
Revision number 2:

Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 2:35 PM
Those little tweaks make all the difference! Maybe just bring the eyebrows down a small touch, as she looks a bit 'surprised' with the eyebrows at their current height, and then my guess is that she would be good to go. As previously mentioned, I hope someone familiar with what she looks like will weigh in here - but if not, you could try submitting her and see if she gets accepted as having enough resemblance. Beautiful-looking sim, in any case!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 1:05 AM
Revision #3:

I added the hairstyle that most closely resembles her hair (that I could find- if anyone knows of a different source, I would be grateful for any advice!). I'm still having trouble with her nose and brows. :/

Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 3:54 AM
looks nice!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lufeguesi
looks nice!

Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 6:33 AM
Beautiful! I love CBR
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 6:35 PM
I don't know this person but she has an awesome look! Your sim is so close. Can you pull her face forward a tiny bit from the eyebrows to the nose, including her eyes, cheekbone and nose. I think might make her forehead a little closer to the rounded forehead of the person IRL. And it would make her face less flat looking. Keep up the great work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 2:56 PM
I apologize for the delay; I've recently relocated cities and haven't been able to do as much as I wanted with CBR. I am having so much difficulty with this Sim version of her, specifically with the nose and eyes. Any suggestions/help is most definitely appreciated!