Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 7:25 PM
I know romance sims make good parents - I said earlier all sims do! I have not had any Sim yet who did not take parenting seriously.
But in my hood, it will not work. I made that general a CAS townie for a reason. He trains the new recruits. He is teleported to the park and the gym to train them on that obstacle course. Making him playable will mean that he acutally will have to work, I will actually have to worry about his wants and have him look after a baby. Because a military hood needs a general, doesn't it? And I made him a romance Sim because I don't want to deal with romance Sims when there are not enough Sims for 20 woohoos.
Also, I do not have a Sim with a baby to give up. The babies are all welcome and loved at the moment - this is still a new hood. There are a lot of babies, because TWINS. And some of them will grow up as romance sims. The general will probably be depressed as well until they grow up. So, @AndrewGloria, I did not mean that romance sims are bad parents - I just don't think this particular general will be too happy if I give him a baby. He is too busy checking out the young recruits.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 11:38 PM
Say hello to Julia, the future parent of unborn baby Sernman-Flex.

I went through Max's and Elna's friends and none of them felt right, I didn't feel a connection to any of them. I opened Bodyshop to see if I could randomize a Sim that might catch my attention, and there sitting on the front page of my Sim bin is a perfect Sim that I instantly know I want to use for this. A whole lot of hours later and an entire new eye set created just for her, Julia has moved into Simville.

Julia was a childhood friend of Elna. The Sjödin family lived in my original hood and were close friends with the Sernman family, but they did not make it into the rebuilt version. I figured, what could be more fitting than a childhood friend who moved into town, far away from any friends or family, with a lifelong dream of becoming a parent? The Sjödins were always a fruitful bunch with heaps of kids, but Julia has none. That's about to change!

Thank you so much for all the suggestions. I would never have thought of this by myself, and it's really come full circle in a great way. I'm so glad I was able to revive one of my old hood Sims and give her a new face as a grown up woman, and as an added bonus this whole story answers a few question marks about other things that I hadn't figured out yet. I was starting to lean towards ending the pregnancy, but thanks to you all it's turned into a new story that I'm really excited to play

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Page 2 of 2