Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S4 CAS Tools - updated to V3.8.2.0 on 3/18/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 28th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2023 at 9:22 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

540 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 439 Feedback Posts, 100 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 22
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 9:10 PM
Amazing Thank you this will help a lot
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 10:14 PM
Mac or PC
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gigihuxtable
Mac or PC

Windows only, sorry.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 11:02 PM
More tools are always better. Thank you for creating this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 1:11 AM
Thanks a lot for creating this amazing tool
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 2:25 AM
Thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 3:22 AM
This tool Amazing, thank a lot
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 9:21 AM
I'm sooo excited!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 10:58 AM
Great to see it finally officially uploaded! Thanks for all your work on this wonderful tool.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
Great to see it finally officially uploaded! Thanks for all your work on this wonderful tool.

Thanks! Now I can get back to other stuff like the object tutorials list - after a day of rest. (I haven't forgotten...)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 1:02 AM
i can't get it to work? it says im missing something help ??
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 1:55 AM
Hello! After using the option to separate mesh into layers and importing the m3d file with the autotool, I get the following error both with and without 'clean mesh' selected. I suspect that it has something to do with the m3d file containing 100+ groups.

Code:
************** Exception Text ************** System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at Xmods.DataLib.GEOM.FixUnusedBones() at Xmods.DataLib.GEOM.GEOMsFromMS3D(MS3D ms3d, GEOM refMesh, ProgressBar progressBar) at XMODS.Form1.AutoGo_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I've also attached the file in case you wanted to look at it to recreate the error I'm receiving.

I wanted to add that I'm so thankful you took the time to work on and post this tool! You can't hear that enough.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Conversion.zip (560.2 KB, 24 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 5:14 AM
It's getting that error with the first layer, so it's not the number of layers. The error is because something's going wrong with the bone assignment, possibly because the ms3d has no skeleton, although that really shouldn't cause this. I'll have to look into it in more detail and find the problem. And the missing skeleton in ms3d is strange because CAS Tools creates ms3d files with the full TS4 skeleton - did you do anything unusual with that mesh?

Anyway, I exported the mesh as OBJ and put that in the auto-convert to TS4 and that worked fine. I was able to import it into a package and preview it but didn't try it in-game. Be warned, it took a loooooooooooong ass time to convert - at least half an hour, and I have a pretty fast computer. Made me glad I put in that progress bar!

While writing this I got curious and just now tried adding the skeleton to the ms3d mesh and the conversion ran fine on that, and only took a few seconds compared to 1/2 hour for OBJ. So that was the problem although I have to figure out why it's having that effect since it shouldn't be using the ms3d bones. In case you don't know - you can add the skeleton data by opening an ms3d mesh that has the skeleton, delete the group(s), then do File / Merge to add your mesh. I attached the skeletonized ms3d to save you the trouble.

And thanks! Yeah, it's very nice to see kind remarks like yours.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ConversionBones.zip (563.0 KB, 37 downloads)

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 11:27 AM
nice
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 2:16 PM
Thank you so much CmarNYC for this tool! Is it possible to to clone and work on objects for sims 4 too. I have problems with my sims 3 meshes to convert them in sims 4 objects. Hope this tool can help me to do it!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matomibotaki
Thank you so much CmarNYC for this tool! Is it possible to to clone and work on objects for sims 4 too. I have problems with my sims 3 meshes to convert them in sims 4 objects. Hope this tool can help me to do it!

Sorry, but this tool doesn't work with objects and I don't know enough about making objects to know what would be involved.

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 4:16 PM
Is there a way to load custom category tags? I've got something in mind to fix the mismatched uniforms issue, but it requires the use of new tags.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
Is there a way to load custom category tags? I've got something in mind to fix the mismatched uniforms issue, but it requires the use of new tags.

There's no mechanism for custom tags. I'd like to know how you created them and how you get the game to use them to make any decision about doing something in the tool to load them.

But you can do it manually if you're comfortable with XML. If you just want to see and be able to apply your own custom tags, edit the .xml file that comes with CAS Tools. You'd have to add your category (if it's a new category) and the tags in XML format with unique numbers.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 6:16 PM
Many, many thanks !!!!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#21 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 10:43 PM
Thanks for creating and sharing such a useful tool. :)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BringMeTheHorizxn
i can't get it to work? it says im missing something help ??

Sorry, missed this. What is the exact error message?

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 11:26 AM
Wow! Thanks so much for this. Time to spread the news.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 2:21 PM
Can this work with converting Sims 2 meshes to Sims 4? Or is it just from Sims 3? Great tool anyway!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by L Lawliet's Minion
Can this work with converting Sims 2 meshes to Sims 4? Or is it just from Sims 3? Great tool anyway!

This will work with any mesh that's in or can be converted to .ms3d or .obj.

Page 1 of 22