Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 4:29 PM
Default Is that possible to push interaction on an object (on on a sim) ?
Hello !

The 'push interaction' primitive is hard to understand for me, even though I've read the Wiki article.
I wanted to know if it was possible to push an interaction in an other object (not a sim) so that it can be performed by the object (not a sim) that is pushing the interaction.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 12:01 AM
I've never tried using the BHAV on a non-Sim nor do I recall hearing of anyone doing so. That does not necessarily mean it is impossible though

What parts of the Wiki article do you not understand?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 1:31 AM
Wow, big question ...
I wonder about the priority, the icon and the "use name" things : what is the use of them ?

But the most important for me is the interaction itself : where does it come from ? the pie menu of the sim or the object or can it be both ?
And obviously I would like an object to be able to do an interaction in another object, but perhaps there's another primitive specially for this ? When I put an object in the target, it errors "must be a person". Perhaps the "linking interacton" or the 'passing on Caller's params' thing can do something for that ?

The only thing i have understood is that you need an object (the object towards which the interaction will be done ?), a target (the sim ?) and the number of the interaction (found not in the sim, but in the object ?).

So, I pretty much understood nothing... BUT I have succeded in "set to next" sim and push the interaction onto that sim from object A (I'm sure that the BHAV lines are read by the game), but then, the interaction between object B and the sim doesn't work and I don't know why.

I thought I had some knowledge about BHAV but now I feel like a beginner

*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 2:06 AM
Admittedly, I'm not an expert and I still have a lot to learn.

I'm not sure about priority or "use name", but the icon refers to the image that will be displayed in the Sim's queue. It could be the Sim's face or a custom icon (modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=444382).

The interaction comes from whatever object (using its stack object ID) you have as the object (operand 1) and its pie menu function (operand 0).

But upon further reflection, it sounds more like you want "Run tree by name" (0x001C), perhaps?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 3:47 AM
Oh you're right it's Run tree by name ! I have to read the whole article now. Thanks !

But thanks for the explanation too. I understand now how the interaction is chosen even though I'm not sure why it doesn't work for me. I'll try again with this in mind. And I'll try Run tree by name too. Thanks !

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 12:04 PM
Only sims or pets can perform interactions. Objects don't.
Object A can push a sim to interact with Object B.
But Object A can't perform interactions on Object B directly.
Anyway, there are other ways to make an object trigger another object.

If you tell us what are those objects and what they should do, it may be easier to figure out a solution.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 2:51 PM
Sorry I took some time to answer (work ! ).
I just wanted the Servos to auto initialize themselves, using the Monique's wonderful object (MQ_Buyable_Servo).

But now that I have examined the whole thing, I think it needs the person data to be initialized.
So now, I'm trying to set to next sim, so that the owner of the shop or the employees (even thought they are NPCs) can automatically initialize the Servo.
*_*_*_*_
Then I will have to find a way to make the Servo created, becoming a member of the NPC family and not the Sim's Family (the one that has initialized it).

For now, I've succeeded in finding a random Sim (even a Servo that is already there), then he seems to refuse to perform the action, with no error log ... (he doesn't even go to the object !!!)

Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 10:05 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 16th Aug 2017 at 10:22 PM.
Ok Just that you all know, the priority determine if your interaction will erase or not the current interaction of the sim. I had inherited interaction and my interaction was pushed but not over the current interaction. When I chose maximum priority, the current interaction was cancelled in order to read my interaction. But not immediately, it waits for the sim to idle, I think, or "wait for notification", before cancelling it.