Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 8:05 AM
Default No more CC from me for Sims 4-Sorry!
I thank ALL for the downloads, thumbs up and comments on ALL my uploads I've created for Sims 4 but it's time to move on to other pastures and have decided to go back to Sims 2 and there I'll learn how to do my own CC. It doesn't faze me if I don't create CC for Sims 4, it was something to do and I achieved that, now it's time to achieve something else.

Unfortunately this means all of YOU who've downloaded my creations, will not work in your game once the new EP comes out in November and the new patch with it and I will not update the Sims 4 Studio tool either-Sorry for any inconvenience and disappointments to anyone.

Cheers!

Happy Simming!

Wendy35pearly
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 8:22 AM
Thanks for letting us know, and I hope you get loads of fun from Sims 2

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Thanks for letting us know, and I hope you get loads of fun from Sims 2

Thankyou
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 11:08 AM
Hope you enjoy 2! I am back doing more in 3 now than in 4. It is pretty sad that we like prior versions more. Not a good comment about the franchise.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Hope you enjoy 2! I am back doing more in 3 now than in 4. It is pretty sad that we like prior versions more. Not a good comment about the franchise.

Thanks dasiylee, I would love to go back to Sims 3 but my computer just won't handle the CASt tool and the lag that's in TS3 so I figured Sims 2 has everything that I want and more and I've done CC for Sims 2 before but never uploaded it or showcased it to anyone and it's so easy, creating CC for Sims 4 was hard for me, so I gave it up. Sims 4 is just not cutting it for me, I love Sims 2 and will always will, just like you liking TS3.

Cheers! Have fun!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 4:59 PM
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that, Wendy, although I do understand. I really liked TS4 when it first came out - up to around Spa Day which I loved, I thought TS4 showed promise of being a good game. But the continuing over-emphasis since then on YA partying/clubbing, coupled with the insane frequency of patches which too often break or mess up things that were fine before, has made me decide that I'm probably going to throw in the towel too. Currently I'm torn between going back to TS2 like you, or moving on to learning to create for Fallout 4, which I've been compulsively immersed in for the past few months and love. It pushes all my buttons for Sims-like gameplay: looking after 'settlements', building and furnishing houses for your Settlers, dressing them in amusing outfits, assigning them to jobs, etc, but with the added bonuses of shooting bad guys (and the fun of making your own creative jury-rigged guns to shoot them with) and having endearing companions to tag along with you.

I think your creations were all recolours/retextures, not mods or meshes, is that right? If so, they should continue to be compatible with TS4, I can't see any reason why they would no longer work after the next EP - unless EA is going to do something in that pack to make existing recolours incompatible, which I haven't heard about yet? If that were to be the case, everybody's recolours would no longer work, not just yours, which would be a disaster. Hopefully that won't happen! But since we're talking about EA here, who knows...

Best of luck with your TS2 creations!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 5:51 PM
It's awesome having the Sims 2 around.

It's like an old friend you can always count on lol
Instructor
#8 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 8:05 PM
You get three big cheers from me just for being kind enough to post a notification!

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 2:26 AM
Sorry to hear that! I just started using the Sims4Studio tool, guess I need to find an alternative now. Best of luck and thanks for posting and what you have done!
Even though Sims4 isn't anywhere near what I want it to be yet, I can't imagine going back to Sims 3 or 2. I even wiped my HD when Sims4 came out just to eliminate the temptation, LOL.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 8:42 AM
@Esmeralda Thankyou for your kind words, I was getting good at recolouring and putting my own patterns on the Sims and then all of a sudden is to why the Sims 4 Studio tool stopped working and I posted this error over at Sims4Studio.com and reported this bug and the admin over there was somewhat unhelpful and quite rude saying that my S4S wasn't installed in my computer-which it was installed, but it just wouldn't work and so I wanted to know why it didn't work and the admin got very rude to me and told me that it's my problem and not the S4S tool so I decided well, I'm not interested in doing CC for Sims 4 now, if the tool isn't gonna work for me, then it's time for me to go elsewhere.

I did play Fallout 4 and maybe didn't quite understand the gameplay, so I may go back to Fallout 4 again and give it another go, but I didn't know you can customise it, that's pretty cool, thanks for the tip!

Yeah, I pretty much only did recolours and of course makeup and recoloured purple hair, so unfortunately in the next EP, the new hairs won't be recoloured to the purple hair colours that I have already here at MTS-which is unfortunate but oh well, I love Sims 2 better than TS4, TS4 is so lacking that ooomph!

Thankyou and enjoy playing Fallout and customising it!

@jje1000 I completely agree!

@Dixieland You're welcome, I thought it would be right to post to everyone so that I don't get any confusion from other Simmers is to why I haven't updated ALL my creations for TS4, so thankyou!

@mayaman that's ok, but goodluck the S4S tool may work for you and enjoy creating your own CC for Sims 4. Yeah, I won't go back to TS3 because of the lag but my PC can handle both TS2 and TS4, but I love playing TS2 more than TS4. Good luck to you and Sims 4 Studio tool! I hope you'll enjoy it!
Alchemist
#11 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 10:07 AM
You're so selfish, you only think about yourself. What about me? Don't I deserve enjoying ur CC without ever telling you or give you credit?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 11:53 AM
Hi Wendy, from what I saw of your posts in the Error Reports thread over at the Sims 4 Studio site, the problem was that Norton Antivirus started blocking S4S from running after you had to do a factory reset of your computer. Unfortunately Norton Antivirus is notorious for blocking harmless software, it's not Sims 4 Studio that is the problem. I saw, in that same thread, that a member called Gohliad gave you step by step instructions on how to disable Norton from blocking S4S, but you may not have seen that post as it came after the admin had replied to you? Worth a try, if you do ever want to make any more TS4 stuff.

Do give Fallout 4 another go, it's a lot of fun. Fallout games are quirky and imaginative, often ROFL funny - I love them. It just takes some getting into if you haven't played an RPG game before - you have a story line with quests to carry out to achieve a final goal, and can have companions who help you. Basically the gameplay consists of wandering around an open world meeting people and discovering places (and shooting bad guys & monsters), picking up quests and gaining experience points from doing them, which enables you to upgrade your skills and get closer to the end goal. As mentioned, there is also some basic Sims-like stuff where you set up settlements and look after settlers. The settlement stuff is actually optional, but is fun and worth doing for the extra experience points.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 12:35 PM
I actually think I want to install Castaways for 2 again and check that out again. I don't think I will ever install 2 again, but the Castaway version might be fun to see again.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
You're so selfish, you only think about yourself. What about me? Don't I deserve enjoying ur CC without ever telling you or give you credit?

a big LOL!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
Hi Wendy, from what I saw of your posts in the Error Reports thread over at the Sims 4 Studio site, the problem was that Norton Antivirus started blocking S4S from running after you had to do a factory reset of your computer. Unfortunately Norton Antivirus is notorious for blocking harmless software, it's not Sims 4 Studio that is the problem. I saw, in that same thread, that a member called Gohliad gave you step by step instructions on how to disable Norton from blocking S4S, but you may not have seen that post as it came after the admin had replied to you? Worth a try, if you do ever want to make any more TS4 stuff.

Do give Fallout 4 another go, it's a lot of fun. Fallout games are quirky and imaginative, often ROFL funny - I love them. It just takes some getting into if you haven't played an RPG game before - you have a story line with quests to carry out to achieve a final goal, and can have companions who help you. Basically the gameplay consists of wandering around an open world meeting people and discovering places (and shooting bad guys & monsters), picking up quests and gaining experience points from doing them, which enables you to upgrade your skills and get closer to the end goal. As mentioned, there is also some basic Sims-like stuff where you set up settlements and look after settlers. The settlement stuff is actually optional, but is fun and worth doing for the extra experience points.

I have tried to reason with the admin over there but I'm now banned because of my constant asking and no I didn't see the thread from Gohliad-too late now, I'm banned from that site thanks to the admin and her threats to me-so thankyou for clearing that up but I'm staying with Sims 2.

I will give fallout another try again when it's on sale. I also love RPG's and I also play Watchdogs and The Crew game, will be playing Watchdogs2 in November this year too. Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I actually think I want to install Castaways for 2 again and check that out again. I don't think I will ever install 2 again, but the Castaway version might be fun to see again.

I love Sims 2 Castaway, you can install The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin it should be free, you don't need to install every disc for Sims 2, that's what I've got! enjoy playing Castaway
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 7:36 PM
Have fun with Sims 2, Wendy! ^^ I hope you won't mind if people took over your mods/CC for the updates?
There's also Sims Medieval, which is really a nice Sim 'casual' very similar to the sims stories! Made a fun quest today with the witch and the priest, with a hilarious ending :p
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Have fun with Sims 2, Wendy! ^^ I hope you won't mind if people took over your mods/CC for the updates?
There's also Sims Medieval, which is really a nice Sim 'casual' very similar to the sims stories! Made a fun quest today with the witch and the priest, with a hilarious ending :p

go for it, I won't be doing anymore CC for Sims 4. I did like Medieval but that too won't play properly on my PC just like TS3 with the lag, maybe when I save up and buy another new PC, I could go back to TS3 for the CASt tool. Cheers!