Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 4:31 PM Last edited by PapaEmy : 11th Feb 2018 at 6:10 AM. Reason: Updating

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default [Tutorial] Setting Up TS3 with Dual Switchable Graphics (CAW Included)
Hi all..

I‘ve just updated the thread, make it more simplified and fits all Windows OS versions. The tutorial was made originally based for Windows 10 users, but in general it’s basically the same for previous Windows OS as well.

In this updated version, I’ve also separately added the workaround for the recently Windows 10 1709 (build 16299) troubleshooting when the user cannot install the Intel HD Graphics drivers, it’s located in my last post in this thread, so make sure to check there when needed.

How to use this tutorial: This will includes few different subjects from start to finish but all related, sorry I can't make this any shorter to give you complete overview for better understanding with the problem that needs fix, some may just need to get their graphic recognized by TS3, some may need fixes from start to finish, some may need other things, so I put them into some few sections. you can skip the one you don't need and go to the next section you need down below.

INTRODUCTION
Quote:

PREPARING WINDOWS 10 BEFORE INSTALLING DRIVERS

INSTALLING GRAPHIC DRIVERS

WIN 10 FOR OLDER GENERATION COMPUTERS

TIPS AND OTHERS FOR WIN 10 USERS

Quote:

TS3 with Dual Switachable Gpus in Win 10

In the following subject, I would like to make a dual switchable laptop as the example or reference for this tutorial, assuming with a fresh new and clean TS3 installation.

Let’s say the laptop for this tutorial has the 3rd generation of i3/i5/i7 processor with Intel HD 4000 graphic as its primary gpu and Nvidia GT610M/GT620M/GT630M or GTX670M/GTX680M as its secondary gpu, with fresh new clean TS3 installation patched to 1.67 (or 1.69) and TS3 never been run, so it’s a brand new installation and don’t have TS3 documents folder yet.

Before getting TS3 recognizes the secondary gpu (as the secondary is the one for full rendering tasks), it is important to get the primary gpu Intel HD 4000 recognized in Windows OS (all versions, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10). In some cases (for other games or programs) there's an alternative way to go round it and just use Nvidia Control Panel to tell TS3 or other games or programs to use the secondary gpu, but that's not the case for TS3, the nature of TS3 recognizing the gpus is based on what's registered in the Windows Registry, that's why it won't help telling TS3 with Nvidia Control Panel to use the secondary gpu.

Therefore the Nvidia Optimus features fits well for TS3, therefore the primary Intel HD gpu has to be properly recognized first by Windows OS (all versions, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10) to make this switchable gpus features works as is suppose to. If Windows OS failed to recognized or don't have proper driver for the primary gpu, then this switchable gpu features won't work, in some cases for other games or programs.. some may work, but for TS3 it will be using the actual primary gpu (Intel HD 4000 for this example) in the background though the TS3 DeviceConfig says differently, that's why in some cases it caused black(ish) screen when TS3 is being run.

Making your TS3 recognizes your GPU

Before we do this step, make sure your Windows 10 has recognized both of your graphics, otherwise it won't work especially for dual switchable graphics, make sure you check your Display Adapters in Windows Device Manager and you see them similar like this:

First thing to do (after both gpus recognized by Windows OS) to get the graphic device recognized by TS3, copy and backup the GraphicCards.sgr and GraphicRules.sgr files located in:

For TS3 1.67: C:\ProgramFiles(X86)\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\Game\Bin.. directory.

For TS3 1.69: C:\ProgramFiles(X86)\OriginGames\TheSims3\Game\Bin.. directory.

Now open GraphicCards.sgr with Notepad and look at the Nvidia 600, 500, 400, 300 series section, for TS3 1.67 (I assumed 1.69 is also the same) it should look like this:

From the laptop specification example above, there’s no GT610M or GT620M or GT630M or GTX670M or GTX680M in the GraphicCards.sgr database, that means TS3 don’t have any records for the specific laptop as an example above.

In the case if the user don’t make TS3 recognize the gpu, later after the game was launched its 1st launch, the DeviceConfig will say Found 0 and Matched 0, and TS3 will run it as high or maximum as is possible which means the user gpu will work in very stressful way with high operating temperature.

EDITING THE GRAPHICSCARDS.SGR

Quote:

How to get it recognized is not hard, but users also needs the basic understanding about the gpu spec and clasifications itself, in this tutorial I don’t include about the AMD APU and AMD Radeon graphics but the basics are the same, and for the case in this tutorial, the user will need to match the last two digits number from the Nvidia GeForce 600 series, the 1st digit are the generation of the gpu, the last two digits is the class/rank of the spec.

So if the gpu is:

Note about generation downgrade:

Quote:
1. Don’t worry about the generation downgrade, but the important one is the gpu ranks to be matched so it won’t overload the gpu work when running the game.

2. What I mean by generation downgrade; for example my GT610M is the 6th generation and ranked as x10M Nvidia graphics, there's only one x10M in TS3 GraphicsCards.sgr which is the GT310M (means the 3rd generation of the x10M),

3. Therefore to make my GT610M recognized by TS3 and fit properly to the game is by replacing the GT310M with my GT610M's device ID, so it's generation downgraded but matched properly as both their ranks are x10M, so the first digit (two digits) is the generation code and the last two digits is the gpu ranks.

To make TS3 recognize the gpu, the user need to replace one of the Device ID number that already in the list or database in the GraphicCards.sgr located in C:\ProgramFiles(X86)\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\Game\Bin.. directory, the user don’t need to edit the ones located in the EPs and/or SPs installation folders, only the one located in the BG installation directory, don’t add the actual gpu device ID into the database (inside the GraphicCards.sgr file), because adding the actual gpu device ID won’t make TS3 recognize the user's gpu, the only way to make it recognized is replacing the one that already in the list.

Note: To do this the user also needs to know where to find and what is the actual Device ID.

Where or what is your gpu device ID
Quote:
How to get the user actual gpu device ID, for fresh new clean TS3 installation, click TS3 Launcher, when the Launcher popped up, click all the “Welcome”, “Downloads”, “Uploads”, “Installed Content” and “Game Updates” buttons (except the “Play” button) so TS3 Launcher will create a new TS3 Documents folder in the user Documents folder, and then just exit the Launcher.

Then go to the TS3 Documents folder and open the DeviceConfig file with Notepad, under Chipset it will shown the actual gpu device ID, like the following example:

It said, the actual Device ID for GT610M is 1058.

Replacing Device ID with your gpu Device ID

How to put the actual gpu device ID and replace the one in the list; for this tutorial, I use the Nvidia GT610M, the device ID for GT610M is 1058, the one I’m going to replace is the GT310M but there are more than one GT310M in the database, so I’ll pick the one with the highest device ID number which is card 0x0a76 "GeForce G 310M", replace the last four digits of 0x0a76 with 1058, so 0x0a76 --> became 0x1058 like the following example.

The original line for GeForce GT310M;

Quote:
card 0x0a76 "GeForce G 310M"

The modified line to place the Geforce GT610M as the GT310M:

Quote:
card 0x1058 "GeForce G 310M"

Note: Only replace the last 4 digits ID, do not change or replace the card name as well, doing that will delete the gpu you're replacing from the database and adding your gpu to the database and it'll make TS3 failed to recognized it.

Once this done, just close the Notepad to save and exit, don’t use “Save As”.

TEXTURE OVERRIDE
Quote:

Ok then, now it’s almost time to launch TS3 and set the TS3 graphic settings from TS3 Main Menu accordingly, but before we do that, since TS3 don’t have cap to limit the FPS, I recommended to set up the FPS limiter at this time as well.

FPS LIMITER AND NVIDIA INSPECTOR
Quote:

CREATE A WORLD AND FPS LIMITER
Quote:

Time to test/play TS3

Ok now.. after all the steps above done, it's time to test it and play it, run your TS3 with FPS Limiter in the background, go to the TS3 main menu, set up your graphic settings accordingly, your resolutions etc, I recommend to set the refresh screen rate @ 60Hz, disabled EA Story Progression etc, and exit TS3 main menu, don't play it just yet.

Go to your TS3 Documents folder, check your DeviceConfig, Option.ini, back them up if you have to, for future use just in case, delete all the caches, put your Mods, Saved Games, SavedSims etc and close it.

You may also install CC at this time via TS3 Launcher, once it's done close the Launcher, delete all the caches again and close TS3 Docs folder.., it's time to play The Sims 3 now

Ok then.., I guess that’ll complete this tutorial for setting up TS3 with dual switchable gpus and Windows 10. Hopefully it will be useful to anyone who needs it, it’s not perfect, so I will add and update when necessary, and please feel free to add anything that might useful/helpful, thank you.. have fun with TS3
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 5:23 PM
A minor, maybe helpful, detail.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 5:35 PM
Uh oh, I tried this method, but when I ran the game, it ran in 800x600 and said that it couldn't recognize my graphics card. The main menu is a lot more laggy as well, but loading times are down. Help?

I looked at the Device Config and noticed that it said "Found 1, Matched 0". This doesn't look good.

ETA: This is what I did to the Graphics Cards sgr.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WELCOME TO THE WOOOORLD OF TOMORROW!"
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ToonElectrocrash
Uh oh, I tried this method, but when I ran the game, it ran in 800x600 and said that it couldn't recognize my graphics card. The main menu is a lot more laggy as well, but loading times are down. Help?

I looked at the Device Config and noticed that it said "Found 1, Matched 0". This doesn't look good.

ETA: This is what I did to the Graphics Cards sgr.

hmm.., I think what you did there is deleting the GTX660M and adding your GTX860M to the database, that's why it didn't work.

What you need to do is:

This is the line that the original GTX 660M in the GraphicCards.sgr

Quote:
card 0x0fe0 "GeForce GTX 660M"

Just replace the last 4 digits of 0x0fe0 with your 4 digits of your GTX860M ID, like this:

0x0fe0 --> 0x1392 (if your device ID is 1392)

the complete line would be like this

card 0x1392 "GeForce GTX 660M"

not

card 0x1392 "GeForce GTX 860M"

PS: To fix this I suggest you replace the GraphicCards.sgr in the TS3 BG folder from your backup you made earlier, and then just edit it as its required.

Edited: As for your resolution, after TS3 successfully recognized your GTX860M as GTX660M, that's what you suppose to do, adjust your resolution to fit your screen, it can be any size depends on your LCD monitor resolution, and set the refresh rate to 60Hz, 800x600 is by TS3 default not because of your screen resolution default.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
hmm.., I think what you did there is deleting the GTX660M and adding your GTX860M to the database, that's why it didn't work.

What you need to do is:

This is the line that the original GTX 660M in the GraphicCards.sgr

Just replace the last 4 digits of 0x0fe0 with your 4 digits of your GTX860M ID, like this:

0x0fe0 --> 0x1392 (if your device ID is 1392)

the complete line would be like this

card 0x1392 "GeForce GTX 660M"

not

card 0x1392 "GeForce GTX 860M"

PS: To fix this I suggest you replace the GraphicCards.sgr in the TS3 BG folder from your backup you made earlier, and then just edit it as its required.

Okay, I made the changes you suggested, and the game opened in 4:3 again, although in a somewhat higher resolution. It also didn't complain about not finding my card, so it's fine now, I guess? I set the settings accordingly and everything seems fine. I'm going to bring my folder contents back in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ToonElectrocrash
Okay, I made the changes you suggested, and the game opened in 4:3 again, although in a somewhat higher resolution. It also didn't complain about not finding my card, so it's fine now, I guess? I set the settings accordingly and everything seems fine. I'm going to bring my folder contents back in.

You can try to change the resolution to 1366x768 or 1360x768 (16:9), most of the newer laptop has 16:9 ratio widescreen monitor, some might even able to run up to 1920x1080 but this usually if your laptop has the 16 or 17 inch LCD monitor, try each one of them to find which one fits best for your screen, trying each resolution won't harm your monitor, it will go black if your monitor can't support it but it will back on again to default 800x600.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
You can try to change the resolution to 1366x768 or 1360x768 (16:9), most of the newer laptop has 16:9 ratio widescreen monitor, some might even able to run up to 1920x1080 but this usually if your laptop has the 16 or 17 inch LCD monitor, try each one of them to find which one fits best for your screen, trying each resolution won't harm your monitor, it will go black if your monitor can't support it but it will back on again to default 800x600.

I know, I know. My computer supports 1920x1080, actually.

Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th May 2017 at 10:03 AM
Default Possible Malware bundled in Graphics Drivers
Hi guys.. this just an update and additional info for downloading graphic drivers package, this is for both Nvidia and Radeon Users to be aware of. This may not be directly related to the tutorial above, so I just add it separately in addition to the tutorial thread..

I never install unnecessary or things I don't want to to use in my computer, but recently I had a malware popped up whenever my Chrome browser is active, later on I found out that there 2 things that I suspect where it's coming from, and I think it's coming from.. first from the Nvidia drivers package I recently downloaded to update my graphic drivers and secondly from the Chrome extensions that I used for my Chrome browser.

Recently Win 10 automatically updates my Nviidia drivers, so I checked to Nvidia if there's an update, and there's an update so I download the newest driver package and update my Nvidia drivers manually, and this is where it's start popping unwanted additional Chrome browser popping up, so I check to my Programs and Features Window if there's something new there (in addition to the new Nvidia drivers I just reinstalled/updated). And.. there's a VulkanRT.., so I was like.. what the **** is this??

So I googled what is VulkanRT? And the results says two different results, some says it's a RunTime like DirectX runtime (or even replacing DirectX) for future gaming purpose and some says it is a malware causing Chrome to popped up crap thing(s) from the internet, and that VulkanRT was not only included in Nvidia drivers bundle, but it also in the Radeon drivers bundle according to the results of googling.

So I removed it, but my Chrome browser is still popping up something I don't want to after I removed it, and whenever the popped up Chrome shows up.. it's triggering the optional video downloader extension I used for my Chrome browser. So it's obviously it's more deep than just uninstalling to to remove it once and for all. And personally I never trusted any 3rd party to remove things like this cause sometimes it may just make it worst in my experience, so to make sure it's gone, it has to be done manually.

Here are the manual steps to remove it;

1. Disconnect your internet and Go to Programs and Features to uninstall it.
2. Go to File or Windows Explorer to open your C:\ drive.
3. Now in your C:\ drive window, click "View" >> "Options" >> "Change folder and search options", and the Folder Options window will popped out.
4. In Folder Options window, go to "View" tab, and then click "Show hidden files, folders and drives" and unchecked the 4 hidden stuff underneath it, this will show everything that's hidden in your computer.

5. Go to your C:\ drive and open Program Files\Nvidia Corporation folder (for 32 bit and 64bit Win OS).
6. From "Nvidia Corporation" folder, look for "Installer2" folder and open it. (PS: For AMD Radeon users, I assumed it's the same steps for Radeon user, but if not, the concept to check them is the same I suppose, just check your AMD Radeon Installation folder).
7. From "Installer2" folder look for this folder(without the quotes): "Display.Driver.[xxxxxnumbersxxxx]" folder and open it, once you opened it, go to near the bottom of the files list and delete the VulkanRTinstaller.exe file. (Note: Delete everything related to VulkanRT if you have more than just 1 file)

8. After you delete it, now open the Windows Registry Editor, click Cortana box (for Win 10 or Search/Run box for older Win OS) and type "regedit" it will open the Windows Registry Editor.

9. In Windows Registry Editor, this is both for x86 and x64 Win OS, open "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", and then open "SOFTWARE".
10. In "SOFTWARE" directory, look for "KRONOS" directory and you'll find "VulkanRT" directory inside it (Kronos). Open the "VulkanRT" directory.
11. In "VulkanRT" directory, on your right side window, you'll see a driver that runs the VulkanRT, it's a json file if I'm not wrong and it's located in your C:\Windows\SystemWOW64 directory.

12. For x64 OS only, in Windows Registry Editor, this is additional step for the #9 step, open "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", and then open "SOFTWARE" and then open "WOW6432Node" directory and look "Kronos" directory and you'll find "VulkanRT" directory inside it (WOW6432Node\Kronos). Open the "VulkanRT" directory.
13. In "VulkanRT" directory located under WOW6432Node\Kronos, on your right side window, you'll see a driver that runs the VulkanRT, it's also json file and it's located in your C:\Windows\System32 directory.

Note: in case you wonder how come the 32bit driver located in 64bit directory and vice versa.., yes it's backward the way it was registered, but it doesn't matter because we need to get rid of them both.

14. Before making changes necessary to what its registered in Windows Registry Editor, this is for both 32bit and 64bit Win OS, now go open your C:\ drive in a new or another window (Note: Do not close your Windows Registry Editor at this point.), look for those VulkanRT drivers appointed in the Windows Registery Editor, delete these two drivers manually from your C:\Windows\System32 directory and from C:\Windows\SystemWOW64 directory.

Next steps;
15. After you deleted those drivers (json files) from your Windows directory, go back to your Windows Registry Editor and delete/remove the DWord or the command line allocating the two drivers, and delete/remove (both of) the VulkanRT folder/directory from the Kronos directory. Once you done this.. just close the Windows Registry Editor to save the changes you just made.

Note: So at this point, make sure you have deleted both the actual driver files located in your C drive and the command line and also the VulkanRT directories from Windows Registry Editor.

16. After you done removing them, now let's get rid the ones left in the temporary folders, go to your C:\ drive again from your File or Windows Explorer, but this time go to C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\..

17. Inside the Temp folder, you'll find VulkanRT folder and any other files related to the VulkanRT, delete them. Note: You may not be able to delete them at once, you might need to delete them several times, but you can also go back to the Local folder and back to Temp folder to make sure that the VulkanRT folder is finally deleted/removed.

18. While you're in this Temp folder, you can choose to just delete the VulkanRT folder and its related files only, or delete all of them together (everything inside this Temp folder). Deleting all files in this Temp folder won't harms your Windows OS, it's all just junk files, Win OS will regenerated different files anyway next time you start your Win OS.

19. Okay, now everything related to VulkanRT is removed, you can hide back the hidden files in your computer using the #3 step backward.
20. Next is: Go to your Desktop and go to Recycle Bin, right click your Recycle Bin and click Empty Recycle Bin to removed them permanently.
21. Restart your Windows OS to take effect.

Additional notes:

If you're using any video downloader extension for your Chrome Browser from Google Store like I do, as this is the one that was affected to trigger the Chrome browser to popped up with unwanted stuff, before restarting your computer for the final step, go open your Chrome browser, yes don't reconnect to your internet connection just yet, open Chrome Browser in offline mode, in your Chrome browser click the 3 dots on your top right screen, go to Settings and go to Extensions, from there remove any video downloader extensions you're using, delete your cookies and browsing history, close your Chrome browser when done and then go ahead and restart your computer to take effect.

Once you restarted your computer, reconnect your internet connection and try it with your usual daily activity, if the popped up disappeared and never occur again, then you can add back your video downloader at anytime you want to add it back.

Ok then, that's it for now, I don't know why Nvidia or Radeon includes this VulkanRT stuff in their driver bundle package, I suppose it should not be harmful as is intended to, but if it is, just remove it manually and your Chrome Browser will work normal again..
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 7:40 AM
Default Win 10 build 14393 NetFX3
This is to add the tutorial above if anyone need to enable the NetFX3 for Win 10 but doesn't have the Win 10 installer, here's the files copy from Win 10 installer so you don't have to download the whole 4-8 Gb Win 10 installer, click the attachments to download, it's in 3 parts, you'll need all the 3 parts to extract the files and enabled the NetFX3, it contains both of the x86 (32bit) and x64 (64bit). Note: this is from Win 10 build 14393, I don't know if it would work for previous builds or the newer ones (or Win 10 Creator Update).
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Win10.14393-NetFX3.part1.rar (49.00 MB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Win10.14393-NetFX3.part2.rar (49.00 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Win10.14393-NetFX3.part3.rar (7.84 MB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:42 AM Last edited by PapaEmy : 26th Jan 2018 at 1:18 AM.
Default Windows 10 1709 (OS build 16299)
This is to update the thread with the latest Windows 10 version 1709 (build 16299), there are 2 ways when upgrading Windows 10 to 1709 version, (1) by automatic updates done by the OS itself, and (2) by doing new and clean/fresh Win 10 installation. And this is to understand the pros and cons and it affecting TS3 when playing with dual switchable graphics laptop.

The one basic about dual switchable graphics setup is the importance of the main or primary graphics device, although in general we'd like the secondary graphics device to run when gaming, but in TS3 it follows what's in there registered in windows registry, so they both needs to be registered properly, though it can be switch manually through Nvidia Control Panel, if the primary graphics device is not recognized by Win 10 or in the absence of primary graphics device driver, it won't switch to the secondary graphics device to run, and it just stays using the main graphics device.

(1) On Windows 10 upgraded to 1709 version done by automatic updates;

With the assumption that both graphics device drivers were properly installed and recognized by previous Win 10 1607 version (build 14393), there won't be any problem with both drivers installed and registered as they will remains there, but the Windows update files need to be clean up manually and immediately by using Disk Cleanup, otherwise it will add another activity in the background as it can be seen on the HDD (SSD) led indicator that is always busy most of the time, and to add it up, there's another two big updates that needs to be done as well, which are December Cumulative Update and January 2018 Cumulative Update.

The workaround in this scenario is;

Quote:
December Update: After automatically upgrading Win 10 to 1709 version, first.. do Disk Cleanup (Cleanup System Files), and then download and install the December Update which is KB4054517, click here to download the stand alone KB4054517, choose the Cumulative Update one and download just only one file version accordingly (on the product installed). Once done downloading, install the Update, restart the system, and do Disk Cleanup (Cleanup System Files) again, thick everything in it to clean up windows update clean up, and restart the system one more time after cleaning up.

January Update: Download and install the January Update which is KB4056892, click here to download the stand alone KB4056892, choose the Cumulative Update one and download just only one file version accordingly (on the product installed). Once done downloading, install the Update, restart the system, and do Disk Cleanup (Cleanup System Files) again, thick everything in it to clean up windows update clean up, and restart the system one more time after cleaning up. Note: this KB4056892 update cleaning up process will take about 30-60 minutes cleaning up process as the file is about 1.7 Gb that needs clean up.

*With these 2 big updates done, the rest are only small pieces updates that the automatic update will add up. And for TS3, it is recommended to disabled the Game Mod from Settings Menu, disabled all option in the Game Bar menu.

*Additional Update for AMD user only; go here to prevent Unbootable state, click here to download the KB4073290

*Additional Update for x86 (32-bit) user only; go here for improvements and fixes, click here to download KB4073291.

*Repeat the cleanup process if additional updates are required.

(2) Upgrading to Win 10 to 1709 version with new clean/fresh installation;

With new clean/fresh installation, all things required needs to be redone from scratch, re-enable .NetFX3 feature and installing all drivers back, and reactivate Windows 10 digital license and etc. There's been known issue when installing the main or primary graphics device driver, which Windows 10 refuses to let (even the official) drivers to be installed in a system with the Skylake or Kabylake processors. This was caused by reactivating Windows 10 digital license (by connecting to the internet connection) before installing the main or primary graphics driver. What happened was as soon as its license has been reactivated, windows' automatic update feature will immediately kicks in and download the primary graphics driver in the background without notifying the user, this will then make Windows 10 refuses when the user trying to install the Intel HD graphics drivers (even the one from Intel's official site).

This will affect TS3 in particular later on, technically the system that has Intel HD Graphics drivers installed by windows update, it does have proper graphics drivers installed, but it may not switch to the secondary graphics automatically for TS3, this dual switchable graphics feature may not work when TS3 is launched.

The workaround in this scenario is;

Quote:
After finishing installing new clean/fresh Win 10 installation;

1. Disabled and exit OneDrive, restart the system to take effect, and then enable the .NetFX3 feature and then restart again, and then followed by installing Visual C++ 2010 (both x86 and x64 for 64bit system, required to have the latest Intel HD Graphics driver installed).

2. Install the Intel HD Graphic drivers, restart, and install everything else required for the system before connecting to the internet to reactivate Windows 10 digital license.

For upgrading to 1709 version with new clean/fresh Windows 10 installation, after the 1st two steps above, I recommend to not connecting to the internet to reactivate Win 10 just yet, but instead continue with the two big December and January updates after the 1st two steps above.

December Update: download and install the December Update which is KB4054517, click here to download the stand alone KB4054517, choose the Cumulative Update one and download just only one file version accordingly (on the product installed). Once done downloading, install the Update, restart the system, and do Disk Cleanup (Cleanup System Files), thick everything in it to clean up windows update clean up, and restart the system one more time after cleaning up.

January Update: Download and install the January Update which is KB4056892, click here to download the stand alone KB4056892, choose the Cumulative Update one and download just only one file version accordingly (on the product installed). Once done downloading, install the Update, restart the system, and do Disk Cleanup (Cleanup System Files) again, thick everything in it to clean up windows update clean up, and restart the system one more time after cleaning up. Note: this KB4056892 update cleaning up process will take about 30-60 minutes cleaning up process as the file is about 1.7 Gb that needs clean up.

3. Connect to the internet to reactivate Windows 10 digital license.

*With these 2 big updates done, the rest are only small pieces updates that the automatic update will add up. And for TS3, it is recommended to disabled the Game Mod from Settings Menu, disabled all option in the Game Bar menu.

*Additional Update for AMD user only; go here to prevent Unbootable state, click here to download the KB4073290

*Additional Update for x86 (32-bit) user only; go here for improvements and fixes, click here to download KB4073291.

*Repeat the cleanup process if additional updates are required.

4. Install TS3 and all other programs and/or games to complete the upgrade to 1709 version process.

Ok then I think that's all the updates needs to be add for now