Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#201 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 12:12 PM
Male (if any one cares) ... cruising down the hill of life with the brakes off!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#202 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 4:38 PM
I'm a female, and I was actually surprised when I heard that most women aren't into video games - I was raised on them.
Mad Poster
#203 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 4:59 PM
Yeah, that's only true if you define "video game" so narrowly as to exclude most of them, and then find excuses to redefine "play" so as to exclude most of the women playing this residue; and then harass the ones you can't define away mercilessly when you see them in hopes of driving them off. If all else fails, just refuse to accept anyone's self-gendering and invent hordes of teen boys adopting female personae to play games online (in order to get bombarded with sexual innuendo, apparently).

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#204 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 5:04 PM
Mad Poster
#205 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 6:00 PM
I know you wouldn't; that's the generic "you." The point being that the people who told you that "most women" don't play videogames were either doing all those things themselves, or accepting unexamined the claims of those who do. Don't fall for it. We are not a minority at all.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#206 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I'm a lady, and I have hair down to my butt. (Not the fainting sort of lady, I aspire to the Grand Old Dame style.) But I mostly keep my hair up, except for when someone wants to play "do Mommy's hair."
I hope we get a move to all single toilet bathrooms. That is, by far, speaking as a parent of young kids, the best option for everyone. I'll take my son in one, you take yourself in another, no one gets fussed or bothered or asks questions that embarrass anyone (yes, my son has no filter) and my son doesn't overflow the sink with bubbles because I'm watching him!

Plus, they tend to be roomier. Some of the rooms have toilet stalls that are so cramped that if you sneeze, you might wind up in the toilet. Gimme a single room with no stalls any day ... except if someone overstuffs the bowl and the room floods.

Oh, and don't get me started on the wide gap with the American stalls. Yup. I just love people being able to peep at me as I'm doing my business! And I often seem to land in the room with the funky lock that I have to try holding closed when I'm in there.

When I go into an establishment with a single family room and the place is fairly empty, I do confess I sneak into one of those rooms, or if the ladies' room is occupied or has something funky in it. So yeah ... give me a single room almost any time!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#207 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 6:11 PM
Well the thing is I tend to be rather politically incorrect, and I do follow the likes of Undoomed and Bearing. If you disagree with me, I respect your choice.
Mad Poster
#208 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 6:21 PM Last edited by gazania : 21st Oct 2016 at 11:08 PM.
Me, too, to a point. I have not subscribed to them, though.

I do tell myself that Undoomed and Bearing tend to focus on the most extreme cases. I think that's really important to note. Judging every feminist, for instance, on some of these extreme cases is thoroughly inaccurate. In ANY belief system (religious or nonreligious, or any political or social system), you are going to have the out-there Looney Tunes. I prefer certain YouTubers with less dramatic liberal/conservative/moderate/etc. opinions. If any YouTubers on my subscription list consistently go overboard, however, I find something else to listen to, and in some cases, I unsubscribe. I have one in mind who had some really interesting ideas, but insisted on going on lengthy tirades about certain religions in his segments. Uh .... no. I don't mind some harmless satire or playful poking, but this wasn't satire or a playful poke. It was ranting. I don't do rants, thanks.

Everyone's belief system is different, and I understand that. It would be a really awful world if everyone felt the same way about things. And we can really learn from each other if we shut up and listen once in a while! The line stops when you trample on MY beliefs, insist I must follow yours, and you resort to name calling, stereotyping and dirty tactics if I disagree with you. People will disagree with you. It would be far more emotionally healthy to deal with it. And I need to do the same.

But now I think I'm starting to post something that should be in another section, so I'll stop there.

As for my Sims, I don't think about gender preferences or norms. I go with my Sim. If my Sim wants to be with males, fine. Females, fine. Males and females, fine. None of the above, fine. They are what they are. I GUESS if you ask me to flog my memory, I can think about the history of certain of my Sims and come up with a term for them, but I don't make a conscious effort to do so.

While I confess to messin' around with ACR sometimes initially, frequently, my Sims won't listen to their benevolent despot, and do what they wanna do. (Conflict of mods? Maybe.) Oh, well.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#209 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 7:01 PM
I wouldn't want you to subscribe to all my beliefs - the world would be boring if everyone agreed... I mean, ever watch Garfield & Friends, like those episodes with the Buddy Bears? Besides, if our beliefs are never challenged, we will never know if we are secure in them. I was harassed and even stalked online back in 2003-late 2004. It was one of the most horrendous experiences, but I learned to put more value on myself and not grovel like a jilted puppy.

And ACR is a real bugger sometimes... especially if it's Morty Roth snogging with Chloe Curious in an Uberhood - when he isn't even being controlled. Bad Morty. Bad.
Page 9 of 9