Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

#73 Road to Nowhere ~ Maxis MakeOver - 2 CHEAP Studio Apartments - No CC - CC Free

by CatherineTCJD Posted 17th Oct 2016 at 9:30 PM - Updated 11th Apr 2021 at 2:40 AM by CatherineTCJD

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 10:13 PM
Two people can not use those murphy beds without a mod.

But props for a valiant attempt to render useable the most useless house in all the hoods! I've never been able to do a damn thing with it that didn't crash and burn in play.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 10:36 PM
Hi @Peni Griffin
Inge's use inaccessible bed mod must work then - right? I've always had that, and never had a problem.
Thanks for commenting. This is one house I NEVER played before redoing it

ETA - Gah! Cat on the keyboard - hit the wrong button

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 4:08 AM
Hey I love what you've done with this lot, I think it's a cool idea and you've done a great job. Unfortunately these won't work as apartments. An apartment has to be fully enclosed in order for the game to allow it (as you can see here on the sims wiki) and those back-doors out are going to be trouble. I've done the same before and was super bummed about it. Other than that it looks great! Love your work, keep it up!
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Petwonia
Hey I love what you've done with this lot, I think it's a cool idea and you've done a great job. Unfortunately these won't work as apartments. An apartment has to be fully enclosed in order for the game to allow it (as you can see here on the sims wiki) and those back-doors out are going to be trouble. I've done the same before and was super bummed about it. Other than that it looks great! Love your work, keep it up!

If you look in the 14th screenshot you can see those really small fences at the back of the house behind said back-doors. I think that should work!

Btw @CatherineTCJD, I love what you have done with the place! I like how this makeover looks way better than the original, but still perfectly fits with the other wacky buildings in Strangetown :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 5:05 AM
Now I see them, my mistake! Thank you for the correction.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 6:00 AM
Thank you, both of you, for commenting. And if you look at the last picture, you'll see that they def. work as 2 apartments

and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 1:11 PM
Thank you. I like it!
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 3:42 PM
I had an idea to turn this one into two apartments but with the upper as one and the basement as another for like vampires great job!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 6:42 PM
This is a nice rework of the original shell. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 12:49 AM
Terrific renovation creating two tiny living apartments! Installing it my Strangetown immediately.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 10:31 PM
Good going making over that place Cat. That house has always scared me, as in yikes I am not even attempting anything here.

I hope that's your furry cat and not yourself leaping about the keyboard. :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 1:25 AM
Nice! I had remade that strange lot as well, but not as good as this! I definitely like the duplex you've turned it in to.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 7:20 AM
Love how you changed it into apartments! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th May 2018 at 10:40 PM
These are so cute! I love how you kept the original aesthetic of the place.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 5:43 PM Last edited by potentialfate : 24th Jul 2021 at 5:45 PM. Reason: unsupported emojis turned to question marks
Catherine!!! I love these. The rage I feel at the fact that I can't use carpet separators in apartments has been somewhat quelled by your use of them here That's a great way of doing that that I've never thought of.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by potentialfate
...The rage I feel at the fact that I can't use carpet separators in apartments...

LOL - That ^ was what prompted my exploitation of the "glitch" I'm glad you like it

and Vintage Stuffeths