Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 14 (Who?), Viewed: 4548 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 4:38 PM
Beta Hair mesh sims 2.
hello guys, Im new here for making a thread so please help me here correct me if im wrong.

so here we go, I just recreate the hair for The Sims 2 Beta as you can see in these picts below.

what do u guys think ? Any suggestion or ?

I need some texture for my meshes after all... but I dont have one.. sorry :3
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 1:51 PM
I don't know the first thing about this, but you need responses to encourage you. I believe the more common textures and colors - pooklet, poppet, Remi, and so on - are available Out There in creator land. Since these are Beta meshes you should start with Maxis or at least Maxis Match textures, though. The greatest demand for them will be among MM players; and it's possible more sophisticated textures will highlight the rough-draft nature of these.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
I don't know the first thing about this, but you need responses to encourage you. I believe the more common textures and colors - pooklet, poppet, Remi, and so on - are available Out There in creator land. Since these are Beta meshes you should start with Maxis or at least Maxis Match textures, though. The greatest demand for them will be among MM players; and it's possible more sophisticated textures will highlight the rough-draft nature of these.

indeed! after all I cant import that hair to sims2 , because of my lack of skill sorry

so seriously i need helps
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 1:34 PM
I know squat about it myself, but isn't there a tutorials section?

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 5:34 PM
Default finally
Quote:
I know squat about it myself, but isn't there a tutorials section?

I can manage to import the hair mesh into the sims 2. as you can see
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 6:10 PM
Mesh needs to be worked on though... it has too many gaps and spikes... it deffinitely needs to be corrected, all of them. Now, about the textures, try exporting few original TS2 hair textures using bodyshop and then copy and edit them to fit your meshes.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 6:19 PM
It would also help if you can get a different screenshot program other than the ingame one for the pics are way to small to really see whats what.

I like Fraps and if you get the free one you will need to convert the png's to jpeg before attaching them here.
http://www.fraps.com/

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 7:26 PM
I cannot express to you, by the way, how much I have always wanted to be able to give Bella her real hair!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 3:39 PM
Quote:
I cannot express to you, by the way, how much I have always wanted to be able to give Bella her real hair!

well this is some ss from ingame tho..
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 3:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa97sr
Mesh needs to be worked on though... it has too many gaps and spikes... it deffinitely needs to be corrected, all of them. Now, about the textures, try exporting few original TS2 hair textures using bodyshop and then copy and edit them to fit your meshes.

hello social bunny! ^^ love your pic.

I think so , thats why i need some helps from you , guys... seriously... im stuck
I manage to extract some beta hari from Body Shop beta .. but .. but .. i need you guys... soon i will attach my work so you can edit it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 3:53 PM
is there any way to convert a hair from TSO to TS2 ??
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 3:59 PM
Great... I wonder if textures can be edited via bodyshop and then via SimPE to assign the matching values for maxis harcolor. I like the way meshes look (huge Sims 2 beta and Sims 1 aesthetics fan), they just need few small corrections and proper texturing to work. I'd gladly do it, but I don't know if I have time. And there's also tutorials on Sims 2 hair, so I have to go trough those as well.

EDIT: The only way to have TSO (those are same in original sims) hairs is to remake them. That shouldn't be hard, but I'm not an expert in TS2 object and CAS parts creating.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 7:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa97sr
Great... I wonder if textures can be edited via bodyshop and then via SimPE to assign the matching values for maxis harcolor. I like the way meshes look (huge Sims 2 beta and Sims 1 aesthetics fan), they just need few small corrections and proper texturing to work. I'd gladly do it, but I don't know if I have time. And there's also tutorials on Sims 2 hair, so I have to go trough those as well.

EDIT: The only way to have TSO (those are same in original sims) hairs is to remake them. That shouldn't be hard, but I'm not an expert in TS2 object and CAS parts creating.

hey there.. okay so now im trying to attach the file .. so here you go. its on Blender format tho :/
did u have Blender app with you ?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 10:22 AM
For many years, I thought no one would did this. I feel so excited! I really love Bella's and Cass's hair.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
14th May 2017 at 7:43 PM
This message has been deleted by Simshort. Reason: it was really stupid for me to aknowledge the mistake but still post it.
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th May 2017 at 12:23 AM
I seriously have been trying to recreate that trailer family so bad! Those hairstyles would complete it! I'm actually working on memories for it right now!