Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 1:43 AM Last edited by Ciablue : 12th Nov 2016 at 7:50 PM.
Default 3 Is The Magic Number
So my personal Newcrest has been a empty and lonely place for a very long time. So much space just seemed too overwhelming. Today I have decided to start building. Starting with the smaller lots.
This is my first home. Two bedrooms, lightly decorated, and a bit too pricey to call a basic starter. I had a bit of problem getting the roofing to behave. Still I think it turned out well. I also worked hard to keep all modded material out.

"You are not what you do for a living."[Tyler Durden/ B. Pitt/Fight Club]
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 12:46 PM
Default When tweaking really means rebuilding :(
So the devils in the details.
While adding trim to the mid level of the home I discovered that you cant add any if your stairs are directly against the wall. (I tried to be clever and add the trim before the stairs.) Game said NO!. So To add my trim I must move the stairs. Rethinking layout since my stair well cant touch wall it seems.

I was able to delete the awkward wall areas that I had made in the upstairs hall to hide the fact that the roof was clipping into the room. Seems like you have to add more walls to sort of trick the roof into going away. Driving me NUTS.

I still can not get this one section of roof to be flush with the house. When I Adjust it just snaps to the next square and becomes too small. So now Im trying to think of a work around to make it look cleaner. Perhaps there is a cheat that lets me slide the roof in smaller increments?
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 8:01 PM Last edited by Ciablue : 15th Nov 2016 at 1:11 PM.
Default Newcrest 1
Okay.
All updated and done.
Feedback always welcome!
The gallery has made me SO lazy. I never build anything myself anymore. Id forgotten how much fun it can be.
(If it doesnt make the cut for submission I get a note right?)
Thanks All!
Cia