Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 7:41 PM
Default WCIF Long Leafy Plantsim Hair
Hello, I am astonished by how little Plantsim CC is out there, as far as hairs go there don't seem to be any that fit my style, most of what I find is simply too short for me. Is there any Plantsim hair that would be below the shoulder, but still would be basically similar to the Plantsim hair from University Life

and any Plantsim CC not commonly known would be great too?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 1:36 AM Last edited by murfee : 21st Nov 2016 at 2:37 AM.
How about these?

If you want them, they're BETA accessories here: http://murfeelee.tumblr.com/private...yxl0eIww1saihkv

I reblogged some Plantsim-esque CC under the tag here: fancifults3cc.tumblr.com/tagged/sims-3-plantsims
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
How about these?

If you want them, they're BETA accessories here: http://murfeelee.tumblr.com/private...yxl0eIww1saihkv

I reblogged some Plantsim-esque CC under the tag here: fancifults3cc.tumblr.com/tagged/sims-3-plantsims

Those hairs definitely look Incredible, and what I'm looking for, But I'm specifically looking for Plantsim Hair categorized as Hair, although if theres a tutorial on how to change a accessory into a hair that would be great.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 10:48 PM
It's not about whether the accessory can be changed into a hair -- it's about whether it SHOULD be.
I added links to the hairs but they're in Gamma, not Beta, as I can't test anything right now (god knows what the scalps will look like ).
Send me some pictures of how they turn out, cuz frankly I don't think they'll look too hot as hairs.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 4:55 PM Last edited by Auronoi : 23rd Nov 2016 at 1:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
It's not about whether the accessory can be changed into a hair -- it's about whether it SHOULD be.
I added links to the hairs but they're in Gamma, not Beta, as I can't test anything right now (god knows what the scalps will look like ).
Send me some pictures of how they turn out, cuz frankly I don't think they'll look too hot as hairs.

I'll get on that right away, and I'll let you know how they'll turn out.

Edit: Everything seems to be working great and they look exceptional, except for the fact that colors can't be changed, and that they don't match the hair colors your sim has, Though if your going to enable recolor for these, I suggest looking at how the Female and Male Plantsim Hairs from University Life have the colors arranged, because these could easily function as extra hair choices for the Plantsims (GOD we need them).

Edit Again: Female Hair Ingame
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 1:03 PM Last edited by murfee : 23rd Nov 2016 at 1:15 PM.
I took some time to test them in-game and posted pics here: http://murfeelee.tumblr.com/private...3i2qlz2Y1saihkv (Brace yourself! )

If the Admins are looking at this thread, can this please be moved to the CAS section? It's kinda turning into a hair creation post, I'm sorry.

Quote: Originally posted by Auronoi
Everything seems to be working great and they look exceptional, except for the fact that colors can't be changed, and that they don't match the hair colors your sim has.

The HAIR versions, no, I said that from the offset, that the RGB control won't look good. It's better on the Soceris than the Guidian, but IMO they're both garbage.
AND the specular is jacked up, so they have this crazy plastic sheen I can't get rid of.

Quote: Originally posted by Auronoi
Though if your going to enable recolor for these, I suggest looking at how the Female and Male Plantsim Hairs from University Life have the colors arranged, because these could easily function as extra hair choices for the Plantsims.

You use the word "Easily" as if I haven't been struggling over here. I warned you that they CAN be turned into hairs, but that it doesn't exactly mean that they SHOULD be, at least certainly not by me.

Which is why I didn't make them as hairs initially, because the ACCESSORY versions recolor far better, have more color variations (3 types), and look better in general. You can also layer it with other hairs, and the Guidian look sorta interesting layered with the UNI hair.

I looked at how the joints move as well, and I really need to fix those bones on the Soceris mesh, because they could be better.
But other than that I don't plan on messing around with the HAIR versions, and I don't recommend using them, either. The ACCESSORY version is better.

There's probably a good reason why plantsim hair's only been tackled by EA and amazing modders like Esmeralda, who converted the TS2 plantsim hair to TS3 if you want to use that instead. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=441726