Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 1:23 PM Last edited by fireStash : 29th Nov 2016 at 9:17 PM.
Default Aliens won't Abduct my sim.. (Please help me make a green baby)
I've been trying to get my male sim abducted (and mysteriously gain some weight), but I've run into some trouble.

First I just tried doing it the classic way, with space rocks, using the telescope and staying up all night. But, even after a sim week, no aliens.
So I tried messing with some settings with Retuner, to make the base chance of alien abductions higher, but even at 100%, still no aliens.
So proceed to do anything I could think of, which so far is:
Force abduction (with DebugEnabler)
Resetting my Sim
Resetting the home lot
Resetting everything
Moving houses
Moving to a bigger lot, with more empty flat space.
Moving sims out, bulldozing and replacing home lot, and move them back in.
Fixing home world (just in case it had something to do with going to uni)
Deleting cache

Non of this helped, the aliens just won't show up.
This seems to only affect sims I've played with. I tried forcing abduction on several other households,
and this worked on sims I've never played with in the past (even if a previously played sim was in the household)

I really want an Alien baby..

Btw, I have quite a few of the Nraas mods.
MasterController
Mover
Overwatch
PortraitPanel
Register
Relativity
Retuner
Saver
StoryProgression
Tempest
Traffic
Traveler
Woohooer
ErrorTrap
DebugEnabler
Advertisement
Alchemist
#3 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 6:38 PM
Do you have any other mods beside Twallan's in the game and have you tested your game without any mods at all or by resetting to factory settings?
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...installing.html
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 9:10 PM
Not my mod... but I've used this...

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=493379

I believe this will work.

Edit: if you have NRAAS MC cheats, you can, you know, just add child and make it an alien.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 10:19 PM
I have already tried that mod, it didn't solve my problem. Thanks for the suggestion though~

I will try to resetting to factory settings, see if that helps.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 11:08 PM
You do have Seasons enabled, right? The only reason why that Mod wouldn't work is if you don't have the Seasons expansion pack installed and enabled.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 11:16 PM
Yeah, I do have seasons. And, it's not that the mod doesn't work, or that aliens won't abduct anyone..
It's that, for some reason, sims that I have played for a while can't get abducted (not even if I try to force it),
while all other sims in my world (that I haven't played before) can.
-
Resetting did not seem to help the issue either.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 1:40 AM
Okay, I'm going to suggest a few things here because sometimes the issue doesn't stem from the most obvious option.

First, I suggest using Master Controller to see if there are any aliens in your town's alien pool. I don't really know how to directly filter sims without carrying out an interaction, so just click on the city hall and then click Nraas>Master Controller>Sim>Intermediate>Gender Preference and then pick a filter like Last/Surname, that displays all the sims in your town. Scroll through the list of sims that come up and see if there are any aliens and then click cancel/X to exit out. If there aren't any aliens, that's most probably your issue. However, seeming as though other sims in your town have gotten abducted, this might not be it.

Next, use Retuner to check your abduction and alien visitation chances. Click on the city hall and then click Nraas>Retuner. I don't use this mod, but these are the commands you're looking for:

Quote:
General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems > AlienUtils
kAbductionBaseChance
kAbductionSpaceRockBonus
kAbductionTelescopeBonus

General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems > Alien Utils
kAlienHouseholdNumMembers
kAlienHouseholdVisitChanceActive
kAlienHouseholdVisitChanceActiveHighLTRMod
kAlienHouseholdVisitChanceActiveSpaceRockMod
kAlienHouseholdVisitChanceOffspring
kAlienHouseholdVisitChanceRandom

Make sure the value of all of them are between 0 and 1 EXCEPT for kAlienHouseholdNumMembers (I don't know what this one means, I'm going to guess how many sims in a household is the max that will allow for the alien to visit?), which I'm guessing is a whole number between 0 and 8. If they are at 0, then give them a value between 0 and 1, depending on how frequently you want these things to happen.

Now, it does seem that you want a green baby and thats understandable . If you're willing to skip this entire process, there are a few things you can do to get your sim pregnant with an alien baby.

Using Master Controller, you can click on your male sim and then click Nraas>Master Controller>Basic>Pollinate and choose an Alien sim from the list of sims to be the father. This will create a normal male pregnancy, however, and you may need male pregnancy clothing to prevent your sim from having an invisible body (as well as MAYBE changing your male pregnancy options on Story Progression). Another way to have an alien pregnancy is to click on your sim and then click Nraas>Master Controller>Basic>Add Moodlet and click on the "Abducted!" moodlet. The moodlet will be given to your sim, and once it wears off, there should be an unexpected weight gain moodlet that replaces it which SHOULD result in an alien pregnancy .

Furthermore, I could go into how some Story Progression options can affect male pregnancy and such but I've read somewhere on Nraas Industries that alien pregnancies and abductions are handled separately to Story Progression. It could be a last resort to check the options there, though I don't know how they would help.

Lastly, you say you've been playing with your sims from quite some time. Make sure you're saving regularly with "Save As..." and creating new files. It could be that your save file is broken/corrupted, and can pose some odd effects on to your sims that a full town or individual reset cannot fix. You can also try restoring to a previous save file using the backups in the "Saves" folder in your Electronic Arts folder in your Documents. And hopefully you haven't saved after moving your sims around like that as it may have overworked/bogged up your save file. Hey, even having 8 sims in a household without anti-restriction mods can cause issues with abductions.

Hope this helps!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 1:58 AM
Thanks so much for your suggestions.

There are indeed a few aliens in the pool, and I've even tried resetting them (since I noticed, that errortrap sometimes tells me
that there is some kinda error with one of them when I try forcing abductions)
My retuner settings are in order, as I've already tried to reset them and so on. (to no avail)

I think I can settle for trying to force the moodlet, and hoping that works~

And yes, I do always backup my saves (I have a huge folder full of old saves), but this issue sadly seems to go back further then I'm willing
to go. (that would be quite a lot of playtime lost)
Inventor
#10 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 2:08 AM
There are some restrictions regard the abduction. Example, lot type, World type, vacation, household size, non houseboat lot, occult restrictions, etc. Later I will check the script because I dont recall all of them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 2:24 AM
Non of those should apply, since other people in my world can get abducted, I have one purely human sim, and they are on their homelot.
Thanks for the reply though~
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 3:38 AM
Take the NRAAS mods out, try the alien abduction mod, and then if the alien abduction mod works (you can use a test game) ask the NRAAS people.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 11:50 AM
Tried it. I gave it 3 nights with "always alien abduction with telescope", and yet, no luck. Non of my 2 sims were abducted.
Alchemist
#14 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 2:03 PM
Have you tested what happens if you copy your family into the bin and then start a new fresh game with their copy in a different neighborhood? Just a thought.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 4:10 PM
I can try it. But I would very much prefer not to lose my world..
Site Helper
#16 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 5:22 PM
If there are lots that aliens don't like, is there a possibility that buying a new house and moving there (even temporarily) might help?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 5:24 PM
I've already moved the household to 3 different lots, so I don't think that's the problem.
Alchemist
#18 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 5:39 PM Last edited by varpunen : 29th Nov 2016 at 5:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by fireStash
I can try it. But I would very much prefer not to lose my world..

It was just a suggestion to see if the original family file is the cause, to rule that out. You don't need to abandon the world, just to do a test, that's all.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to say that I don't think he UNI has anything to do with this, at least not normally. I've had my simmies abducted while they were in the university, as well, and the aliens also keep constantly snooping around there. One of my simmies even had a brief romance there with one of them.
Site Helper
#19 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 5:41 PM
Ok. If it works in a new game I would be tempted to create another sim who moves in with your family, then moves out with the baby and back to your regular game. Add the baby to your household with Master Controller and (probably with cheats module) adjust relationships so that the baby is the son of your sim there. Do whatever you like with the transport sim. ( Call them a kidnapper, long-lost sibling, mischievous supernatural, or whatever else you think up.) (You may need to add the older sim as well, and then have that one move back out if you don't want to keep them.)

And if it doesn't work in a new game either, then the aliens don't like your sim for some reason. You could always try using Master Controller to cheat and add the abducted moodlet.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 6:07 PM
I've added the abucted moodlet, just waiting to see if I get a baby from it~
But, I'm still very confused about what is making the aliens hate them so much.

I'm gonna try to put them in a different world, just to cheack, now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 6:29 PM
I'm gonna try to put them in a different world, just to cheack, now.

So, it seems to be an issue with my sims. The problem was still there when I moved them to sunset valley.
Alchemist
#22 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 6:45 PM
So it's just this one family or have you created a new test family to see if they get abducted?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
So it's just this one family or have you created a new test family to see if they get abducted?

Well, it seems to be affecting all families I have played with in the past. (most of which are related to my current active family)
And any new sim I create seems to get abducted fine. The EA sims don't have the issue either.
Alchemist
#24 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 7:22 PM
Well, it seems to be affecting all families I have played with in the past. (most of which are related to my current active family)
And any new sim I create seems to get abducted fine. The EA sims don't have the issue either.

Well, if you don't wish to lose the current family but still want to get the abductions, then you could take each member to CAS with MC, save them into the sim bin and create them anew there. Sometimes it's just choosing the lesser evil of the two. Of course you do loose somethings when doing it that way but a lot of things can be recreated with MC. This is what I had to do once when one of my saves got corrupted and it definitely seems that something in your sim family save have gone wonky. At least you wouldn't lose your family and world. And you won't lose any collected stuff either, if you save their house without the simmies in it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Well, if you don't wish to lose the current family but still want to get the abductions, then you could take each member to CAS with MC, save them into the sim bin and create them anew there. Sometimes it's just choosing the lesser evil of the two. Of course you do loose somethings when doing it that way but a lot of things can be recreated with MC. This is what I had to do once when one of my saves got corrupted and it definitely seems that something in your sim family save have gone wonky. At least you wouldn't lose your family and world. And you won't lose any collected stuff either, if you save their house without the simmies in it.

I think I'm just going to settle for forcing the abduction moodlet, and hopefully get an alien baby that way.
I don't really want to do what your suggesting because I'm on the fourth generation, and I can't recreate the entire family tree. (which is oddly important to me, for some reason)
Maybe I'll just make a new household, and let that family do their thing around town without me, at some point.
Page 1 of 2