Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 6:35 PM
Default The Cove
The C.O.V.E.

To start things off, C.O.V.E. Stands for Community of Vicious Entities. How this challenge will work is you will create a total of six sims. These six sims will start you off, you must grow your community to be powerful and strong! Now into the rules and guidelines :D

CAS

So for the starting six you need five abnormal or supernatural entities that will be young adults and one human child. You can use creatures from expansion packs or use CC to create your own. [For mine I'm using CC, I'm creating a demon, a treant [Tree with human traits], a cyborg, an ice giant [normal sized though], and a neko [half human, half cat]. If you have supernatural and want a more basic variety of creatures you could do a vampire, werewolf, witch, ghost, and fairy or something like that. You could also use the Treaag - SimTransformer mod to get aliens, mummies, etc. Or you could use cheats to get creatures like mermaids and simbots through lifetime reward points, but you get the idea. For the child you need to make them look normal as in the story line the five abnormalities abducted the child. Now for all of the sims you can use whatever traits, if you want nice abnormalities you could say they have the name "Community of VICIOUS Entities" to scare possible attackers away. You need a total of three males and three females, all abnormalities must be a young adult and the child must be a child.

HOUSE

You can have your six sims live in whichever town you want, but for house there are a few rules. It has to be a small house. It must be two bedrooms and one bathroom. In the challenge as you start to earn money you'll be able to add things onto your house, but you aren't allowed to move. [For mine I'm using the Silent Hill farm I found on the sims resource.]

OTHER RULES

If you have seasons you must always be on winter.
Moon settings can be however you like.
Age settings must be enabled, but feel free to customize them however you like.
You must start as the only household in the town. You must remove all other households in edit town.
You have to keep story progression on.
You can't move people out of your household so you'll need mods.
No cheats for money, needs, relationships, or lifetime reward points [unless you're using it to get a mermaid or simbot]
You can only have one romantic relationship in the original six cove members. [You can have as many same sex as you want, but that's not useful to you.]

Goal

Have three generations of abnormalities and entities.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 8:45 PM
I like it! I think I'll try this challenge out!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 3:46 PM
This seems more like a story telling challenge, which is perfect because I've been meaning to write a book like this! My backstory will be:
There was a little boy who lived happily with his parents. He was very smart and learned to read just after turning 3 and was very fascinated with the idea of alien life. Because he was so smart, his parents homeschooled him, but he was always a little lonely and wished he had friends. The day after he turned 6, something terrible happened! He was playing with the chemistry set he got for his 6th birthday, but accidentally started a fire! Seeing the fire was small, his parents ran to get a fire extinguisher, but what they didn't know was that there was a chemical that, when combined with another, would cause a dangerous, fast spreading fire, and the kits were going to be recalled the next day. By the time his parents returned with an extinguisher, the fire had surrounded him. His dad called the fire department and his mom cleared a small area with the extinguisher and told him to run. He ran as fast as he could and watched his house burn. He prayed for his parents to make it out alive, but by the time the fire department came, it was too late. After the fire was extinguished and the house he grew up in was nearly gone, he cried in his yard and looked up at the night sky. It was peaceful, seeing so many twinkling stars, and he wondered if there were aliens somewhere out there. Then, he saw a shooting star! He wished, "I wish there was SOMEONE in this WHOLE UNIVERSE who cared for me! I have no friends, now no family-" but then, he realized it wasn't a shooting star, but an alien spaceship rapidly approaching! Soon it was directly above him and a beam of light surrounded him, then he blacked out.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 1:14 AM Last edited by letitgo1776 : 30th Dec 2016 at 2:00 AM.
(I have slightly adapted the rules to fit the story. Ok fine, I broke almost all of them. Am I even doing this challenge anymore? I think I'm just storytelling independently now.)
Chapter 1

Jake woke up in a strange place. He wasn't sure where he was, but it wasn't anywhere he had been before.

He noticed a strange-looking man sitting in a chair. "Who are you?" he asked, "And where am I?"

"My name is Uriah," he answered. "You're no longer on your home planet, but the one your own is very similar. One of our ships was doing a surveillance of Earth and found you next to a heavily damaged house. There appeared to have been a massive fire. We used the brain enhancer over there so you could understand our language."

Jake looked over and saw a strange device. "My name's Jake." he said, "I remember seeing a beam of light and then I woke up here. It's like I was... abducted by... wait. I think I've been abducted by aliens!" "Well, since this is OUR planet, YOU'RE the alien now!" Uriah laughed, "Let me show you the rest of the place."

The next things Jake saw were the most amazing things he'd seen in his entire life. It was almost like he travelled into the future! And so many aliens! He wondered if he was dreaming. "Why don't you go meet some of the other members of this unit?" Uriah asked.

Test Subject
#5 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 12:30 PM
This challenge seems so interesting! I think I'm going to finally put the Supernatural Expansion Pack to use.
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 1:28 PM
Just a quick question, what do you mean by ''you can only have one romantic relationship in the original six cove members"? I'm just a little confused on that.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BombsOnMonday
Just a quick question, what do you mean by ''you can only have one romantic relationship in the original six cove members"? I'm just a little confused on that.

Only 2 members can be in a relationship with each other. I broke that rule too!