Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
It's safe. I use it on several of my games.
Even on the sims?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 4:01 AM
The Sims 2 is the first game I tried it on. I also used it on Oblivion and a few other games I can't recall the name of at the moment.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#28 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 4:03 AM
It's safe to use on Sims and it helps a lot. Lots of players have used that patch over the years. Just back up your exe beforehand if you're nervous about it.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 4:05 AM
The patcher will actually automatically back it up for you.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#30 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 4:16 AM
Oh cool. It's been ages since I patched TS2, so I didn't remember that feature.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 4:51 AM
So if you have a modded exe that is okay too? I'm so nervous to do anything to my computer or game in case it blows up.

Can someone give me the exact path to it? Its been ages since I touched it. *with gloves and offerings and prayers....*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 4:52 AM
So if you have a modded exe that is okay too? I'm so nervous to do anything to my computer or game in case it blows up.

Can someone give me the exact path to it? Its been ages since I touched it. *with gloves and offerings and prayers....*

Also want to check and see if I need this. They had a thread on GOS a few years back and I did one of the things mentioned on there, but this looks different.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#33 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 5:42 AM
Yup. Mine's NoCD patched (my DVD drive is very rattly) and it worked just fine.

Don't know what the default path is exactly but mine's
Code:
C:\Games\The Sims\The Sims 2\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe

IIRC, the one mentioned on GOS does the exact same thing (make it Large Address Aware) but it's not automatic. Not that you can really mess it up if you're careful, just I'm lazy and prefer less clicking when possible.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 6:08 AM
So maybe I already have it. What I really need is one of those SSD things.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 2:16 AM
Guys my sims still loads for more then 2+ hours :/ Is there anymore things I can do to make it faster
Mad Poster
#36 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 2:19 AM
Other than reducing the amount of CC or getting a better computer, not much.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
How is your CC organized? Do you use a lot of sub-folders and long names? Also, have you gone over the file names? Certain characters take longer for the game to read, so if you exclude them it could go faster.

General recommendation is not more than 3 folders deep, without overly complicated long names on them, and remove spaces and special characters in names. - and _ are okay, but [] and ~ and spaces can cause slower loading. There are programs you can use to mass-remove the special characters, so that you don't have to do it file by file.

Do you know any program links I could use?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#38 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 2:26 AM
As said above lower your amount of cc. I find loading slows down as I go above 10 gigs. One way to make less cc is to make a second sims 2 folder and keep each one to about 10Gigs.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#39 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by notis784
Guys my sims still loads for more then 2+ hours :/ Is there anymore things I can do to make it faster
Like I asked before, what happened between the times of you getting one hour load times and two hour load times? Unless that answer is "I added more CC" it might be something that can be fixed, but you have to figure out what changed in order to find the solution. You do have a lot of CC, but your loading times should not have randomly doubled.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 2:44 AM
Are you using all of your cc in every neighbourhood? I normally have at least two versions of my sims game folders in my documents, and each has a different combination of cc. This lets me have a lot of different themes without my load times becoming painful - I just switch the names of the folder I want to use so the game loads the correct one.

So I have
Documents/EA Games/modernThe Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
Documents/EA Games/medievalThe Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
Documents/EA Games/noccThe Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
Documents/EA Games/apocalypseThe Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
and I just remove the leading word from The Sims 2 I actually want to run. That way, my medieval game isn't full of extra files for cars, furniture, and hairs that I'll never use in that 'hood, and my modern 'hood isn't stuffed with default replacements that only suit it and so on. I keep a copy of all the cc, including some that I'm not currently using in any 'hood, on an external drive and any game configurations that I'm not playing right now are zipped onto that drive as well. The only ones on my machine at this moment are my no cc folder and my medieval one. I've actually got a two modern combinations zipped up right now - one has at least twice as much cc as the other, which only has my favorite items and recolours included in it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 2:49 AM
That is exactly how I have 10 Gigs in both folders instead of 20 in one.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Like I asked before, what happened between the times of you getting one hour load times and two hour load times? Unless that answer is "I added more CC" it might be something that can be fixed, but you have to figure out what changed in order to find the solution. You do have a lot of CC, but your loading times should not have randomly doubled.

I actually didn't add more cc, like I have had a break of sims for awhile but the last time I added cc was in April this year but idk if it's like why I haven't played for awhile or it's something else. I might try change the names with special characters (eg, [Veranka], -Alwayssims-, etc)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#43 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 8:09 AM
You will want a bulk renamer for that. Also check if you keep photos to make sure they are jpgs not bmps.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You will want a bulk renamer for that. Also check if you keep photos to make sure they are jpgs not bmps.

Thank you so much! Honestly you've been a really big helper and everyone else thank you so much <3 I'll try out all of your suggestions in a moment and see if it works or not. (:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 12:35 PM
Everything worked! My computer went to 7+ hours to now 1 hour! But yesterday it took 6 hours but I let it run through and now it takes 1 hour! If anyone is struggling honestly listen to every single one of these wonderful people <3 They are so helpful and they do help a lot. Thanks for everyone taking their time to help me out <3 I really appreciate it Thank you everyone again <3
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#46 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 1:31 PM
Good to hear things are a lot better! I still could not take the hour loading on my old sims 2 folder which is why I made two smaller ones.

~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#47 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 1:34 PM
Doesn't putting TS3/TS4 CC into your TS2 Downloads folder cause super long load times, too?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#48 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 1:45 PM
Probably would and its easy to do, I know I had some sims 3 items in there back when I played sims 3.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#49 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 8:11 PM
Also go through and check all your downloads to see if you have text files like readmes or graphic files like pictures of the cc in there. You don't need those, only the package files, but they're still there and taking up space. Removing the text files seems to be particularly beneficial to my computer. A lot of cc (all the good mods) come packaged with descriptions and explanations of how to use. Chuck them in a different folder or something so you have them when you need them, but not in your game folders.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#50 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 8:28 PM
Good advice. In the folder's search bar, you can a search for psd png jpg and txt. I think those are all of the ones I've found in mine. Although this might only work if you have file extensions set to be visible. I'm not sure, either way.
Page 2 of 4