Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Full face makeup kit

by nyctopile Posted 19th Dec 2016 at 4:09 PM

6 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 4:00 PM
I actually like the concept of having preset makeup looks ready to be applied on one go but I want to give some advice on taking the screenshots.
I see that you use custom skintones and that's okay, since nearly everyone uses or has used custom skintones but when swatching the makeup, I suggest putting a picture of the makeup on a default maxis skin. When I was looking through the pictures I had some trouble telling apart what was from the makeup look and what was from the skintone so in order to avoid confusion and give people an idea of what the makeup will look with different skintones. (Default maxis, maxis-match, semi-realistic and realistic skintones can make the makeup look differently!) You don't have to put swatches of every kind of skintones though, maybe just in a skintone that you normally use and in a default maxis skintone.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 5:30 PM
Thank you for this. May not use it for every sim but does add lovely variety for when I do want to apply it!
I'm looking at the before/after to see what all is included. Looks like rosy cheeks, chin and forehead highlights,
lower eyelid edge, and eyelid crease?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Steampunk_Tristan
I actually like the concept of having preset makeup looks ready to be applied on one go but I want to give some advice on taking the screenshots.
I see that you use custom skintones and that's okay, since nearly everyone uses or has used custom skintones but when swatching the makeup, I suggest putting a picture of the makeup on a default maxis skin. When I was looking through the pictures I had some trouble telling apart what was from the makeup look and what was from the skintone so in order to avoid confusion and give people an idea of what the makeup will look with different skintones. (Default maxis, maxis-match, semi-realistic and realistic skintones can make the makeup look differently!) You don't have to put swatches of every kind of skintones though, maybe just in a skintone that you normally use and in a default maxis skintone.

I no longer have Maxis skins due to maxis skins replacement. And it is set in description i use it for light/fairly skin type without wondering if it goes to pink and so on. Though I will keep that in mind!

I hold with those who favor fire.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 8:12 PM
I love, thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Thank you for this. May not use it for every sim but does add lovely variety for when I do want to apply it!
I'm looking at the before/after to see what all is included. Looks like rosy cheeks, chin and forehead highlights,
lower eyelid edge, and eyelid crease?

Yes, also in some is a little bit of lipstick!

I hold with those who favor fire.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 4:43 AM
Thanks!