Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 8:08 PM
I am actually pretty psyched about this vampire pack! I already have prepared to buy everything revealed in the teaser, now it is just va matter of waiting for release. It looks to me they are going the sims 2 route, but I am hoping these vampires will finally have the common sense to stay out of the sun. I'm not sure about the plant in the foreground, but it reminds me of the plasma fruit from sims 3. Which would make sense considering they brought back the vegetarian trait. Fortunately EA releases packs at a rate that I can afford, so I basically get everything they release. I adore GP's and think it is a smart way to handle supernaturals because not everybody plays with them. It is a win/win situation because I specifically get what I want at a lower price. And people that don't want vampires don't have to worry about missing out on something included in the pack by passing on the purchase. The preview of the fashions are super enticing to me, and I am excited about the dreary location and it seems it may include an actual graveyard! It may be expecting too much, but i would love a fear emotion as well. I have been reading up on stuff found in recent patches, and it may include a vampire perk tree. I really hope so, because I would love to have individualized vampires in my game. I cannot begin to describe how happy I am about this, because I role-play White wolf, and I make sims of my characters, and my friends character to tell stories and flesh them out. I get a lot of cc to create the illusion of vampire sims, but it would be beyond satisfying if they were official
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 9:41 PM
As much as I like the idea of Vampires, I don't know what the point of having scary creatures are, when sims can't feel fear? Without the scared and/or terrified emotion(s) Vampires will just be quirky looking sims with some weird sleeping habits.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 9:47 PM
Could they add fear emotion? Or are emotions not something that can be added/edited even by Maxis at this point...
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 10:47 PM
I'm guessing they will add the fear emotion, I seem to recall an emotion being added in a free patch early on but I could be wrong.
Instructor
#30 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 11:10 PM
unless they consider fear too dark and lump it in with tense
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 1:18 AM
Looks like we find out more tomorrow. I hope Forgotten Hollow is a full world or at least a destination with several lots. We shall see.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 1:30 AM
I think it's a new destination, but I do wonder what's actually going to be there, and if here there are going to be any new venues.

Vampire Nightclub?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 1:33 AM
Give me lots!!!!!! Some lots! Any lots!!!! I think a destination world like GF would be fun. I want a whole world in the theme. We shall see.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 9:19 PM
It looks good to me. I will get it.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 11:36 PM
Just gonna leave this here:

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 2:13 AM
It looks like a good addition to the game to me.
Scholar
#37 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 4:05 AM
It is looking promising, I can no longer presume it just be a sim with a overlay skin, with fangs added, and a few extra interactions, this wil be a lot bigger.

Forgotten Hollow makes sense for longer night times, another good choice would be San Myshuno, as the sun there sets as early as 5pm-6pm, bad choices would be Oasis Spings and Willow Creek as the sun doesn't completely set till 8pm-9pm.

It am now looking forward, but I can't expect it be perfect, they may be forced to wear certain clothing (Like Aliens) or something.
Test Subject
#38 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 4:26 AM
I'd be more excited if it were a supernatural expansion pack, similar to TS3. I want werewolves! OTL
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Caedis
I'd be more excited if it were a supernatural expansion pack, similar to TS3. I want werewolves! OTL

Werewolf!

Werewolf?

There.

What?

There wolf. There castle.

Why are you talking that way?

I thought you wanted to.

No, I don't want to.

Suit yourself. I'm easy.
Scholar
#40 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 4:47 AM
If I can "humanize all vampires" like I can with aliens using the Master Controller, (which I don't by the way, I love the aliens) I might buy this just for the stuff content and extra world. Sounds strange, but I would be happy for 5 extra lots and some cool Gothic stuff. Not so crazy about vampires though. However I'd wait until it went on sale.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 7:32 AM
If it has pipe organ as shown in trailer, and classic coffin returns from Sims 2, then I'm Sold! That's just what I needed! :D
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 12:29 PM
Yessss, I'm actually going to buy this pack! I don't own any Sims 4 packs besides Get to Work (since the rest of them just don't suit my 'build a town, play legacies' game style and seem to cater more to the 'lets put fake people in weird situations relevent to last years' pop culture' crowd). This pack is coming out at just the right time for me - I've been craving supernatural/magic vibes lately and have been back into the Sims 2 since TS4 is just so painfully bland and EAXIS seem determined to only add on short-lived novelty crap.

But this pack looks more like the TS2/3 stuff I always loved. I'm really looking forward to that haunting new town and some new objects/buildings and meshes for people to recolour, as well as a new supernatural being and hopefully interesting new animations and effects on our sims.

So I guess this pack can distract me for a little bit, while I keep waiting on toddlers and for in-game photos to be organised chronologically, by household .

EDIT: For any other Harry Potter fans out there - I think the vampire 11 seconds into the video looks strikingly similar to Newt Scamander, whether they intended that or not :P

My Sims are under ID: MoonfoxNightcry on Origin
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 2:51 PM
I like it. I'm definitely going to buy it!
Instructor
#44 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 2:15 AM
it looks interesting but i know EA and their tricks. where can you use them vampires anywhere? hmmmmm

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
dodgy builder
#45 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 11:08 AM
I hope it has a "no Vampires" button

Is it just me or does it come with lots of furnishings?
Test Subject
#46 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 3:23 PM
This expansion is by far the most "creative" content EA has released to date. Vampires that are fleshed out, different, unique and playable anywhere, not just their neighborhood. I have high hopes for this game in 2017.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 9:59 PM
And toddler vampires too!!!! Fun times!
Forum Resident
#48 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
And toddler vampires too!!!! Fun times!

I was just now thinking the same thing!!
Vampire families..oh my!!!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NVCoyote
Werewolf!

Werewolf?

There.

What?

There wolf. There castle.

Why are you talking that way?

I thought you wanted to.

No, I don't want to.

Suit yourself. I'm easy.

Best Movie Ever!!!!
Instructor
#50 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Looks like we find out more tomorrow. I hope Forgotten Hollow is a full world or at least a destination with several lots. We shall see.

It's a full world. Move your Sims in Etc...
Page 2 of 3