Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 386 times.
#1 5th Feb 2017 at 8:35 PM
The Hotel ChallengeThis is based on another challenge I saw on youtube, I don't know who created it. I modified the rules and goals to make it more challenging for me.
You have never been that kind of lucky, talented sim who everybody loves to hang out with. Always managing to fail somehow on things: a bad joke spoken on that special woohoo moment, accidentaly peeing yourself in front of coworkers, drawing a skickman after months of effort trying to learn painting... Life wasn't easy for sure.
While thinking hard on what to do with life you received a call: your uncle Joe has just passed away! But not everything is bad news, he left a hotel for you, all yours! Sure, it is so old it could fall apart at any given time... But you thought that maybe if you put a little effort things could work for once, managing a hotel shouldn't be so hard after all. And so you decided to accpept this challenge and work towards being a sucessful sim.
Achieve the following while also doing the hotel tasks everyday:
- To master at least 3 "hotel" skills (like cooking, handiness, charisma, gardening for fresh igredients etc)
- To turn a cheap hotel into a 5 stars one
Build a very simple hotel in a big lot with only the basics for your guests to fulfill their needs. The hotel should have:
- 8 bedrooms with one bathroom each
- 1 public bathroom
- dinning area
- living room
- (optional) reception
- put the lowest quality needs items
- decorative items are allowed, but the hotel should look cheap
- No alarms!EVER!
Create the hotel owner with the following traits (God help you!):
- socially awkward/shy (or other bad/neutral trait if you don't have the required expantion pack)
- loser (or neat if you don't want to check manually for dirty items)
- LTW: I suggest to pick Renaissance Sim
Guests: slob + anything but brave/daredevil
(Tip: make them interesting since you won't leave the hotel much, choose traits that will get some action going on like: flirty, friendly, charismatic, irresitible, mean, hot headed, innapropriate...)
- put your household in the hotel using the freerealestate cheat
- set the family funds to 700 simoleons (owner's money, use for books, recipes, food etc...)
- lock the kitchen and laundry for guests and assign each bedroom to a guest allowing also the hotel owner
- get each guest a career (you won't have much time for the guests, choose wisely)
- aging optional
- clean the hotel, make beds and do the laundry at least once a day
- cook at least once a day
- fix broken items
- no service hiring
Check your guests wishes once in a while for this
- only interfere on guests careers if they wish so (if they want to get promoted, leave the job etc); if a guest gets fired/leave you may get them a job again
- befor using the guest's money buy at least one thing they want (if there's not enough money you can skip till you can afford what they want; for example if you have 500 simoleons and wany to buy a 500 simoleons item and one guest wants a 600 item you can buy what you want first and once you reach 600 simoleons you can fullfill the guest's wish); keep guest's stuff on the family inventory
- upgrade the hotel till you have all the fancy stuff on it: gym, pool, hot tub, games room, bar area, BBQ area... and high quality items
- sims don't grab all the clothes if you click on them, click on the washing machine to do the laundry
- using the "clean the entire house" action from the neat trait makes your sims automatically do everything but not in an efficient way, so wait till everybody goes to work, do the laundry and wash the dishes first and then clean the hotel; you might also want to put all the bedrooms in the same floor
- even with one meal a day your guests will still be hungry if they don't eat on their jobs, so it's a good idea to buy snacks items for them such as snow cone machine, vending machine or even a BBQ; guests are only prohibited to use the stove, microwave and fridge (to cook)
When you're finished, hover your mouse over the hour to see how many sim weeks you took to complete the challenge!
#2 13th Feb 2017 at 5:00 PM
I will try this
#3 18th Feb 2017 at 1:38 AM
Originally Posted by The_Real_Jessica_sims
I will try this