Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 8:28 PM Last edited by TheDementedLamb : 6th Jan 2017 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Fixed

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
[Fixed] Slightly Transparent Dogs and Cats - No CC/Mods/Store Content
So I have decided to clear out all of my sims 3 cc/mods/etc and start fresh as I decided to merge everything together in one file, and had quite a bit of things that needed to go anyways.

Anyways, so now that I'm CC/Mod/etc free, I jumped in game just out of sheer curiosity. I've had an issue with slightly transparent dogs/cats for a while now, and I figured that deleting all of my CC would help, among other things. (Do note, this doesn't happen on horses.) Yet I'm still having the issues? Can anyone point me in the direction to fix this? It makes me not want to have pets in my game... I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall if at all possible, as my computer is slow as it is and would probably take like a good week to reinstall all of my expansion packs.

Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDementedLamb
my computer is slow as it is

Hopefully, this is not the source of the problem...

But it does sound like a graphics issue.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#3 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 8:45 PM
First, make sure the Advanced Rendering is turned on (probably is but just in case). Secondly, could you post your system specs? This feels a lot like graphics issue and was seen all around when Pets was released.

Same kind of thread here for info: http://modthesims.info/t/458386

EDIT: Ah, ninjad again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
First, make sure the Advanced Rendering is turned on (probably is but just in case). Secondly, could you post your system specs? This feels a lot like graphics issue and was seen all around when Pets was released.

I've had Pets essentially since it came out and didn't start having this issue until a few months ago. I know my computer isn't really built to play sims as it's not a gaming desktop but still, only started having this issue a few months ago. I'm jumping back in game right now to check advanced rendering is on and will let you know how it goes.

Here's the specs.

Site Helper
#5 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 9:00 PM
We also need to see the details of the graphics card.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
We also need to see the details of the graphics card.

Not used to going through and searching for all of this so I apologize if I'm missing something xD I noticed while going through and looking that I can update it. Should this be something I do?

Chip Type: Intel(R) HD Graphics
DAC Type: Internal
Adapter String: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Bios Information: Intel Video BIOS
Total Available Graphics Memory: 1792 MB
Dedicated Video Memory: 0 MB
System Video Memory: 0MB
Shared System Memory: 1792 MB

Driver Date: 01/20/2014
Driver Version: 10.18.10.3408

(I don't really know what exactly I'm looking for so...)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen

Advanced Rendering was actually turned off. Just turned it on and went back in game and that seemed to help! Thanks so much! c:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 10:32 PM
Would it still be a good idea to update my driver if the option is given?
Alchemist
#9 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDementedLamb
Would it still be a good idea to update my driver if the option is given?

Yes. I always keep my graphic card drivers up to date.