Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simburbia - Something for Everyone! All Playable Lot Types from All EP; No CC

by SimmyRN Posted 9th May 2017 at 2:32 AM - Updated 4th Aug 2022 at 2:18 AM by SimmyRN : Note 04/04/18: New Sims File Share link added.

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 72 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#26 Old 10th May 2017 at 10:39 PM Last edited by Simsdestroyer : 10th May 2017 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Didn't read the original directions
It's great looking world, just downloaded the simpack version on the instructions page and will give it a whirl. Thanks!!! It's great it has all the expansion packs!!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 11th May 2017 at 1:29 AM
Love the look of this updated Riverview ;) What a patient worker you are to have kept at it for tree years 8O I would have quit at the first hurdle and sulked for weeks :D No patience for CAW and reading tons of tutorials, so glad that brilliant people like you can, and share it with us less smart simmers ;) Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 11th May 2017 at 2:53 AM
I was just looking for worlds as I'm getting back into TS3 (until Sims 4 has more to play with), and this looks awesome!

Are there empty lots to put the special store buildings that came with EA worlds? Examples being: Gramp's Grove, Le Cinema Plumbob, etc. I really would like to have them all down.
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 11th May 2017 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lynne7772
Sadly i have tried to install this beautiful world but it won't download am i doing something wrong.

If you're having trouble with the two part download, try the Sims File Share link at the bottom of the description. You just have to unzip it and then double click on it to install it like any other Sims3Pack. Hope that helps!
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 11th May 2017 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stryeyeddrmr
I was just looking for worlds as I'm getting back into TS3 (until Sims 4 has more to play with), and this looks awesome!

Are there empty lots to put the special store buildings that came with EA worlds? Examples being: Gramp's Grove, Le Cinema Plumbob, etc. I really would like to have them all down.

Thanks for your question! Yes, there are empty lots. See the lists for descriptions. A word of caution, though, having too many duplicates of rabbit holes or lots that require NPC workers - like bartenders, etc. - can start to cause lag as the game generates and houses all those workers. Also, duplicates of rabbit holes like schools or some work places can cause confusion. For example, for some weird reason, if there are multiple schools, it seems like the sims will invariably all try to go to the school the farthest away rather than the more logical choice of the school which is closer. You'll just have to test it and see. Hope you enjoy Simburbia!
Test Subject
#31 Old 11th May 2017 at 6:49 AM
I can't find the world (
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 12th May 2017 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlliC15
I can't find the world (

Do you mean that you downloaded it and you can't find the download? If you have a Windows operating system, the download should go into your Downloads folder. From there, you must unzip and combine the 2 part download or unzip the Sim File Share download. Then, it should be a Sims3Pack that you double click on and it installs into your game. If you're having some other problem, please let me know. Or, see the downloading help threads here at MTS. Hope you can get it to work for you and play Simburbia!
Test Subject
#33 Old 13th May 2017 at 7:51 AM
Is there anyway you could replace the Roaring Heights rabbit holes with other rabbit holes for those of us that do not have Roaring Heights?
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 14th May 2017 at 7:01 AM Last edited by SimmyRN : 14th May 2017 at 7:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by millmuv
Is there anyway you could replace the Roaring Heights rabbit holes with other rabbit holes for those of us that do not have Roaring Heights?

I may try but it will be difficult because the sizes of some rabbit holes are so different. I'd also have to replace all the street lights and trash cans because they are from Roaring Heights too. I'll think about it. Thank you for the suggestion.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 15th May 2017 at 7:13 PM
I have been playing this the last few times I have been in S3. It's a great world and makes me feel like I don't need to send Fée to Oasis Landing, what with all the ITF lots. About the only changes I felt a need to add was rearranging the equestrian centre and horse training lot to fit my version of the latter, and a custom Skydiving lot with a rabbithole rug in it). I think I also put down the Arts Studio lot as well (Sims Store venue, includes a glass-blowing station and a whole Artisan skill set with it).
Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 16th May 2017 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimi_Sardinia
I have been playing this the last few times I have been in S3. It's a great world and makes me feel like I don't need to send Fée to Oasis Landing, what with all the ITF lots. About the only changes I felt a need to add was rearranging the equestrian centre and horse training lot to fit my version of the latter, and a custom Skydiving lot with a rabbithole rug in it). I think I also put down the Arts Studio lot as well (Sims Store venue, includes a glass-blowing station and a whole Artisan skill set with it).

Sounds great! I'd love to see pictures of the changes / additions you made.
Test Subject
#37 Old 17th May 2017 at 9:19 PM
When I try to extract this map it comes up with the message ''You need to have the following volume to continue extraction'' ''Simburbia.part2.rar'' Even though I have tried to extract both?
Scholar
Original Poster
#38 Old 18th May 2017 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phillipa21
When I try to extract this map it comes up with the message ''You need to have the following volume to continue extraction'' ''Simburbia.part2.rar'' Even though I have tried to extract both?

Sorry, I'm not sure why it's not working for you. I'd suggest you try the Sims File Share link at the bottom of the world description (post #1). It is a single file to unzip. Hope that helps!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 19th May 2017 at 8:48 AM
I've noticed that the map tag for mercury stellar observatory doesn't seem to be placed correctly, it's just pointing to open space near the observatory.
Test Subject
#40 Old 19th May 2017 at 8:26 PM
What a wonderful world! Since you mentioned you're working on bringing some of your favorite sims families to it in a save file, I can't wait to see what you do with that!
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 21st May 2017 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by soul reaper magnum
I've noticed that the map tag for mercury stellar observatory doesn't seem to be placed correctly, it's just pointing to open space near the observatory.

Thanks for your message! The lot is actually placed correctly. The map tag is generated by the game. I have no idea why the map tag doesn't seem to want to "stick" to the rabbit hole. I tried various things like replacing the rabbit hole and the lot but could not fix it. When tested, it seemed to always work correctly. I apologize for any inconvenience but I don't know why it is doing that or how to fix it. If anyone has suggestions, I'd be delighted to hear them.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 21st May 2017 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Thanks for your message! The lot is actually placed correctly. The map tag is generated by the game. I have no idea why the map tag doesn't seem to want to "stick" to the rabbit hole. I tried various things like replacing the rabbit hole and the lot but could not fix it. When tested, it seemed to always work correctly. I apologize for any inconvenience but I don't know why it is doing that or how to fix it. If anyone has suggestions, I'd be delighted to hear them.

it's no big deal, I just wanted to make sure you knew about it. and I also have a couple of questions about simburbia 1. is there a way to find the space ship key for the crashed ship. 2. how do I uncover the hidden island? I sent a sim to the lot but it's still covered in clouds.
Test Subject
#43 Old 22nd May 2017 at 12:48 AM
I just noticed.... there's no elementary school for my kids... Not sure about high school either. Also, where's town hall?
Scholar
Original Poster
#44 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by soul reaper magnum
it's no big deal, I just wanted to make sure you knew about it. and I also have a couple of questions about simburbia 1. is there a way to find the space ship key for the crashed ship. 2. how do I uncover the hidden island? I sent a sim to the lot but it's still covered in clouds.

There are a couple of places on the map to collect the fragments of the key which unlocks the crashed ship. You have to complete a task to unlock the hidden island. These are the possibilities:
- CayToTheCity - The "hidden" island can be unlocked if you rescue 35 victims as a Lifeguard...
- ResortMogul - The "hidden" island can be unlocked if your sim owns a 5 star resort...
- PlumbobIsland - Can be unlocked if your sim finds a map inside a bottle... (usually underwater or in treasure chests...)
- LocalsRefuge - There is an opportunity chain you can get from resort desk clerks by asking for an adventure...
- ExplorersReward - Your sim just needs to go there...
- TreasureHunt - Your sim must find 5 map fragments and put it together...
- ScubaSuprise - Your sim must explore a certain underwater cave to unlock the island...
- MermaidSecret - Can be unlocked if your sim befriends a mermaid. The mermaid tells you later where the "hidden" island is...

Reference: http://modthesims.info/t/506296.
Scholar
Original Poster
#45 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dlt111
I just noticed.... there's no elementary school for my kids... Not sure about high school either. Also, where's town hall?

The school is a combined elementary school / high school. It is over by the suburbs with the "Enchanted" houses (next to the dome). City Hall is a large rabbit hole on the island. There are a number of fountains in front of city hall. Both of these are Roaring Heights rabbit holes. If you have Roaring Heights and the rabbit holes don't appear, they might be being over written by CC or you might have to re-download Roaring Heights. Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#46 Old 24th May 2017 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
The school is a combined elementary school / high school. It is over by the suburbs with the "Enchanted" houses (next to the dome). City Hall is a large rabbit hole on the island. There are a number of fountains in front of city hall. Both of these are Roaring Heights rabbit holes. If you have Roaring Heights and the rabbit holes don't appear, they might be being over written by CC or you might have to re-download Roaring Heights. Hope this helps!

I think my problem might be a bad version of roaring heights. I apologize!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:20 AM
Beautiful! My PC is full of other games, but I feel the need to come back to Sims 3 and this is gonna be an awesome city! Thank you for keeping TS3 alive in dark times of dumbed down TS4.
Test Subject
#48 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 6:54 PM Last edited by asrk790 : 6th Jun 2017 at 12:21 AM.
Just moved into the town and it's awesome!! One little problem though, I've looked through the whole map and there is not grocery store or a town hall in sight. I went through all the markers on the Town View and nothing. Hope you can take a look at it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#49 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by asrk790
Just moved into the town and it's awesome!! One little problem though, I've looked through the whole map and there is not grocery store or a town hall in sight. I went through all the markers on the Town View and nothing. Hope you can take a look at it.

The town hall and the grocery store are rabbit holes from Roaring Heights. The town/city hall is on the island on the lot with all the fountains in front. The grocery store is over by the spa. If those rabbit holes aren't loading for you, it may be an issue with your Roaring Heights or, perhaps, some CC over riding some of the rabbit holes. Simburbia was checked quite extensively to be sure that all rabbit holes / community lots were included. Hope you can get it to work for you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 8:06 PM
I can't seem to extract it from the rar folders.
Page 2 of 5