Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Horse Boarding Service

by pjsutton Posted 14th Jan 2017 at 4:52 PM - Updated 23rd Jan 2017 at 2:55 AM by pjsutton

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 5:13 PM
If the horse is boarded on another lot, will the horse automatically go to and stay at that lot?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler
If the horse is boarded on another lot, will the horse automatically go to and stay at that lot?

If you also download KittyTheSnowCat's "No Autonomous Go HOme for Horses" they should stay there if you direct them to go to that lot.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 5:39 PM
Hey, pjsutton! Congrats on your new mod being released (finally!) Thank you for making it and sharing it with us, I love it
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 6:18 PM
Congratulations =) It is done
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 6:40 PM
That sounds awesome. I always thought it would be good if someone would like to have a horse but doesn't have the space, they should be able to have it boarded somewhere else. Will try soon!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 10:59 PM
This looks great! Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 5:25 AM
Neat idea: Using Arsil's Custom Generic Role, place the desk or floor mark on a lot that is a stable. Call the person "Ranch Hand" or something similar. Using NRaas Register & Master Controller, give the Sim the Animal Lover trait. I had someone on the lot from 8AM - 10PM and they autonomously interacted with horses that were there - pet them, cleaned hooves, fed carrots, etc. How neat! You could even choose not to freeze the energy motive and give the Ranch Hand a sleeping/living quarters area inside the barn!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 10:16 AM
@pjsutton, Great idea! That Generic Role mod is a great filler for jobs like that
The family I have that owns the stable love animals and always interact with the horses, even the kids - they love to pet the horses and feed them treats. All we need now is for children to be able to ride horses without stretching and all will be right with the world lol
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 10:47 AM
@pjsutton I am using Zerbus Lot Events Mod to push my horse care person to the stable. I am having trouble with Arsil's generic Role Mod, because it always freezes the motives even when I tell it not too.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
@pjsutton, Great idea! That Generic Role mod is a great filler for jobs like that
The family I have that owns the stable love animals and always interact with the horses, even the kids - they love to pet the horses and feed them treats. All we need now is for children to be able to ride horses without stretching and all will be right with the world lol

Hm, my person didn't ride the horses. I even put her riding skill at level 7. Maybe they need to have a certain relationship with the horse to do that autonomously?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 2:47 PM
Saw your thread at NRaas and was waiting for this! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 9:41 PM
Great to see you got rhis mod done! Congrats
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 1:46 AM
Super excited to see your Horse Boarding Service mod uploaded to MTS! This adds much to my gameplay: Charges my Sims, making the game more realistic. Pays my Sims when they own the lot (ditto on realism). My Sims now have more options when it comes to where they live while owning horses. Small lots and apartments are no longer off-limits. I love it!
You're welcome, and Thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 2:36 AM
Love this! Can't wait to try it out! Thank you so much!
Scholar
#16 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pjsutton
Hm, my person didn't ride the horses. I even put her riding skill at level 7. Maybe they need to have a certain relationship with the horse to do that autonomously?

I didn't even notice about the relationship level, I guess that makes sense the sim has to be friendly with the horse. She is also friends with the owner and she also has a horse of her own and very much an expert horserider You can adjust the autonomy with NRaas Retuner to also allow non-active/non-greeted/any sims (I think) to be able to ride the horse autonomously.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 12:50 AM
Hmm, I can't quite get this mod to work, unfortunately :/ none of the options show up when I click on a stall. I made a lot with a bunch of stalls, and at first I made it a residential lot and had one of my sims buy it. Then I went to another family who had a horse, and had the horse go to the stable and click on the stall (both with the horse outside and inside of the stall), but there were no interactions. I tried converting the lot to a community lot and a regular residential lot (not owned by anyone). Did I miss something?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riesen
Hmm, I can't quite get this mod to work, unfortunately :/ none of the options show up when I click on a stall. I made a lot with a bunch of stalls, and at first I made it a residential lot and had one of my sims buy it. Then I went to another family who had a horse, and had the horse go to the stable and click on the stall (both with the horse outside and inside of the stall), but there were no interactions. I tried converting the lot to a community lot and a regular residential lot (not owned by anyone). Did I miss something?

Hm, that's odd. Did you try saving, quitting, and then restarting? When it starts up, do you see that the script mod is loaded?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pjsutton
Hm, that's odd. Did you try saving, quitting, and then restarting? When it starts up, do you see that the script mod is loaded?

It seems to work now, but I didn't really change anything.. maybe it just needed a restart, who knows. And yes, I do get the pop ups, I have all along. Anyway, it works now, but thanks for your reply, and for the mod, it's great!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 7:35 AM
I was hoping it would remove the horses stored from the portrait panel until you retrieved them again, taking them off my mind and time completely. I decided to use MC to make them unselectable once boarded which helps me cope with them still being there whilst not being there. Also I could use the No Autonomous Go Home mod and just make them go there to another lot and stay without this mod - so what is the point of this apart from being charged for it?
I'm not meaning to be hostile here; I really like the idea of this but I just need a bit more from it to make the constant pop-ups about boarding money being worth it.
Can you explain a bit more about the functionality of this mod and what difference it makes other than just having the horses be somewhere else but you still needing to care for their motives please?
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 1:30 PM
Oh I love it! I've never really played with horses cause they take up so much space, but now I'm totally gonna do it! Thanks!

I also have one question: Is there any possibility to turn off the notification one gets when entering a household? I switch households like every 5 minutes, and it is rather annoying to always click away the horse- and roommates-mod notifications.. do you think there is a chance that we only get notifications at the start-up of the game or sth. like that and not every time we change households?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngieMFAK77
I was hoping it would remove the horses stored from the portrait panel until you retrieved them again, taking them off my mind and time completely. I decided to use MC to make them unselectable once boarded which helps me cope with them still being there whilst not being there. Also I could use the No Autonomous Go Home mod and just make them go there to another lot and stay without this mod - so what is the point of this apart from being charged for it?
I'm not meaning to be hostile here; I really like the idea of this but I just need a bit more from it to make the constant pop-ups about boarding money being worth it.
Can you explain a bit more about the functionality of this mod and what difference it makes other than just having the horses be somewhere else but you still needing to care for their motives please?

It can't remove them from the family completely, no. But, the horses seem to be able to care for their own needs pretty well. If you use Arsil's Generic Role mod you can put a person at the barn and they'll socialize with the horses.

The point of it was to add more realism to the game -- many people with horses do in fact board them and horses are an expensive pet. If you don't like, then don't use it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Epica0
Oh I love it! I've never really played with horses cause they take up so much space, but now I'm totally gonna do it! Thanks!

I also have one question: Is there any possibility to turn off the notification one gets when entering a household? I switch households like every 5 minutes, and it is rather annoying to always click away the horse- and roommates-mod notifications.. do you think there is a chance that we only get notifications at the start-up of the game or sth. like that and not every time we change households?

I have the notifications hard-coded. I like them, especially if you are rotating a lot ... I tend to forget who has what turned on!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 6:10 AM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 12:38 PM
Hey, what a neat mod! But would this work with the patch 1.67?
Page 1 of 3