Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 10:39 PM
Default Next expansion is (probably) Pets
The new patch contains many XML references to cats and dogs (no horses). This is partly the reason why so many mods are broken (along with the inclusion of toddler tags).

There's too many to list here, so here are the most important ones.

Code:
    <L n="SPECIES_TRAITS">
      <U>
        <E n="key">CAT</E>
        <T n="value">144685</T>
      </U>
      <U>
        <E n="key">DOG</E>
        <T n="value">131194</T>
      </U>
      <U>
        <E n="key">HUMAN</E>
        <T n="value">151039<!--Trait: trait_Species_Human--></T>
      </U>

Code:
<C n=”DefaultGenealogyLink”>
<L n=”_elements”>
<T ev=”3″>Alien Pollinator</T>
<T ev=”4″>Cat_Owned</T>
<T ev=”5″>Cat_Owner</T>
<T ev=”6″>Dog_Owned</T>
<T ev=”7″>Dog_Owner</T>
</L>
</C>

Code:
<Parameter name=”x:species” template=”species” type=”enum” labels=”human,dog,smalldog,cat” default=”human” />

EDIT: Apparently there is a reference to horses according to SimsCommunity.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 10:41 PM
I was wondering wh the patch was breaking everything. I thought it was the toddlers being naughty. But in the update, there's cat toy, so that could be a reference.
Scholar
#3 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 10:44 PM
Holy guacamole! I think EA won 2017. Toddlers and cats! And that also explains why so many things appear to be broken from what I'm reading across the internet.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 10:46 PM
FUCK! I knew it was coming eventually but I was hoping toddlers meant a Generations pack was next. I love my real dog to death but pets in the Sims never really appealed to me. The only ones I ever really cared for were the small ones you could find in the wild. Birds, reptiles, rodents, ect. If my sims can still get those then I'm fine with Pets being next, I guess.

Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
EDIT: Apparently there is a reference to horses according to SimsCommunity.

Not gonna lie, I'm gonna be a little pissed if we get horses before cars. We didn't get cars because they thought it'd be pointless without the open world. And yet the main point of a horse is to be a living car.

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 10:55 PM
Yeah, what's the point of horses if it's not an open world? They should focus on other animals tbh. Let horses be special for 3.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 11:07 PM
If this was found in the code after today's update, then It's pretty much confirmed that the next EP is Pets. The same thing happened with Vampires when the first code strings leaked a month and a half ago. I wonder if this is truly accidental or intentional, cuz it happens way too often.
If horses are also making a return, then that might also mean (by applying some logic) that a new (hopefully more spacious) world will also be present in this Pets expansion, since horses need a lot of space. I'm also curious how they are gonna do the pets' fur coats with the cartoony artstyle that TS4 has, I definitely can't wait to find out though. 2017 is shaping up to be a pretty good year for simmers, let's hope things continue with the same spirit.
Scholar
#7 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 11:23 PM
I am kind of thinking they will do a Pets Game pack and then release a Generations Expansion later this year. Game packs are somewhat more focused expansions, and we're due for another one before this year is over me thinks. But we'll see. It wouldn't surprise me if they are working on generations though. Maybe they'll do a pets game pack without horses and then make a farming game pack with horses at a later time.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
FUCK! I knew it was coming eventually but I was hoping toddlers meant a Generations pack was next. I love my real dog to death but pets in the Sims never really appealed to me. The only ones I ever really cared for were the small ones you could find in the wild. Birds, reptiles, rodents, ect. If my sims can still get those then I'm fine with Pets being next, I guess.

Minor pets were actually one of my favorite parts of TS3:Pets (outside of the stalker ice cream truck ). I only wish they were actually given some kind of gameplay. I'd rather a small few pet types than a billion minor pets that don't do anything. Like, if your relationship with your pet snake isn't very good or you don't clean the tank, you run the risk of being bitten, which would inevitably cause you to do. Or, if minor pets are let out of their tanks and allowed to wander around the house, they can hide in storage containers (bookcases, garbage cans, toy chests, etc.) and you Sims would have to look for them before they pass.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 11:38 PM
Personally, I think if they do "generations" it will probably be as a Game Pack rather than a full expansion. I have a feeling they want to get all the big three done this year, Toddlers, Pets, and Seasons. And the latter two themes are too big for the scale of a GP, whereas preteens and some extra toddler/child stuff would be a perfect fit.

And historically Pet EPs have been the best selling, so EA is certainly not going to downscale on that one.

Going back to horses, the lack of species tags make me suspect they might have been cut :/
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 12:42 AM
Wow, toddlers and then pets? Things are really looking up! I'm not really expecting a generations expansion pack anymore (that's where I thought they'd add toddlers), but I think a toddler theme stuff pack would do really well to add some more hair and clothing, maybe another bed or some more toys, and a couple of gameplay objects (maybe a rocking horse or something like that). Seasons and pets in the same year seems like a lot, but we'll see.
Instructor
#12 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 2:16 AM
There are 3 huge news in a very short time! This is amazing. Finally Vampires who really were worked on for some time and not just added as a side thing for a major Expansion pack! I love the fact that they got their own Gameplay pack!

Vampire + Toddlers + Pets Expansion??? WOOHOO!!!

The Truth is out there!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 2:46 AM
All I hope is that the next supernatural is werewolf and is..not the man-wolf we had in TS3, ugh.
Not too sure on how horses will work in the closed world.
Cars would be lovely though. I'm excited about the vampires. Not too sure how a cat toy could break something, but that's me and my not knowing of coding.

I go by the name Amaai
I also have a DA & a Tumblr too.

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Theorist
#14 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 4:28 AM
I can imagine the toddlers riding the dogs now...
Forum Resident
#15 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paperfriends
All I hope is that the next supernatural is werewolf and is..not the man-wolf we had in TS3, ugh.
Not too sure on how horses will work in the closed world.
Cars would be lovely though. I'm excited about the vampires. Not too sure how a cat toy could break something, but that's me and my not knowing of coding.

I think the ONLY way is if they made a rural world just for Horses. In that world is the only world you'd see Horses in and it would be more like how Granite Falls is.

I actually hope it is the case because I would love a more rural/farm kinda town.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Instructor
#16 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

Not gonna lie, I'm gonna be a little pissed if we get horses before cars. We didn't get cars because they thought it'd be pointless without the open world. And yet the main point of a horse is to be a living car.

The Sims 2 had cars and the game wasn't a open world.
Instructor
#17 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630

that is a great point, i get the feeling that cars did not get voted for in the old surveys they released, or the programming for it is time consuming
Mad Poster
#18 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 8:25 PM
Before Pets EP gets announce, we might get Generations/Freetime Game pack considering toddler's patch might be a possible hint if not random.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630

That's what we all said when they used that excuse to justify lack of cars. Before the game was out they confirmed cars were included, so I personally think they were cut due to our demand that it should come with proper animations, which wasn't the case before as it "demanded a lot from the animation team". Perharps they are finding their way around it? That one survey did mention a road trip pack after all.

As for horses - I don't really mind them but I think they would be useful for that GT world. The rural neighborhoods are huge there, way too big for a sim to simply walk. Also, I'm with the crowd that don't really play with pets. I usually have a sim have it and then never again. I guess I woudn't mind if they relied less on the player, that would be good I think. Managing dogs as I manage sims is not my cup of tea.

Proper vacations, weather and generations are my must have packs now that the basics are kinda covered.
Theorist
#20 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 12:54 AM
The pets are probably going to look extremely adorable, probably similar to the Sims 2 pets.

Please no horses! I only played Sims 3: Pets on a friend's computer and, but I found it extremely silly that wild horses pranced about suburbia. I mean seriously?

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I love the optimism, but seriously... don't get your hopes up. Every TS4 expansion looked awesome in concept, until you purchased it and played it.

...what sounded "awesome" about the concept of Get Together? What sounded "awesome" about City Life (that was the name, right?) once we had proper info about it?
Scholar
#21 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 1:40 AM
I hope so! As much as I loved horses, I don't mind if they didn't come back. Cats and dogs is good for me. And maybe small pets like hamsters, birds, lizards, tarantulas, ferrets, ect.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 3:57 PM
Pets have always been my favourite expansions - it was the reason I started playing the Sims in the first place, I saw the TV ad for The Sims Unleashed and begged my mum for it for my 9th birthday. Now here I am! I would love any form of pack that gave my sims cats and dogs.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 3:55 AM
I really hope that's the case---SimMe and SimBoyfriend's apartment just isn't the same without my cat. I also think there's potential for a lot of unique pets that are smaller than cats or dogs and less demanding (and good for apartments or busy sims).

At the same time though---is this the year of unoriginal content? So far it's stuff we've been wanting for years that we got in other games. Bet the next surprise update is weather at this point.
dodgy builder
#24 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 8:12 AM
If they release all those big ones on a year, they must have a plan to get out of the franchise or a new release.

It might also be an attempt at gaining some lost ground.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
If they release all those big ones on a year, they must have a plan to get out of the franchise or a new release.

It might also be an attempt at gaining some lost ground.

I know things are planned in advance, but cannot wonder if some of this is due to Rachel being gone? Maybe they are actually trying to focus a bit more now on some of the things the players want, and not just her "vision"?

And City Life did either well enough or poorly enough that they are getting more funding, as/or they think they need to get on the ball or just chuck this version? Fund it and do it well enough to survive a while longer rather than just scrapping it? Who knows?
Page 1 of 3