Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 3:55 PM Last edited by huntrezz : 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:13 PM. Reason: Solved
Default Need help with modding - Slower Painting
Hello everyone,

i'm using MC Command to slow down the time speed of the game. I use the value 50 instead of the default 25. With this the interaction for painting is way to fast for me. It only takes 30 sim minutes to finish a small classic painting. i would like to increase it to 4 hours, medium to 6hrs and large to 8 hrs or so but i can't seem to figure out how to do this right. I already used the "Faster painting mod" to see what values where changed to paint faster. I found out that the base_weight was changed from 5 to 55 of the Easel_Canvas_Paint_Small xml so i thought changing it to a smaller value than 5 would take longer to finish a painting. I changed it to 1 and indeed it took almost 2x the time as the default value 5. But changing the value to 0.001 doesn't seem to change anything at all. Now i'm wondering if 1 is the smallest value possible or if i'm doing something wrong?

Does anyone know how to mod the painting interaction so it will take 4x, 6x oder 8x as long as the default time? Another question: what does "base_weight" stand for?

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: SOLVED! Found the right xml Files i have to edit!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 10:55 PM
Try this. I just found it. Did not play it yet. All I know I hate easy stuff in any game so when I tried artist approach I noticed that as amateur in painting my sim produces them to fast and earn to fast.

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...g-crafting-time