Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 7:46 PM
Default Supernatural Dad Challenge
Never made a challenge before, and I haven't played much with the supernatural lifestates, definitely not from toddler age. So I was inspired to make this challenge for myself. But I thought I would share it with others, please let me know how it works out because I would really like to know :)

A single father somehow finds himself landed with five supernatural toddlers - a witch, vampire, genie, fairy and werewolf. Additionally, a lovely young mermaid couple were trying very hard for babies and found themselves with far too many at once. (Mine had quadruplets), so they adopted out one of them to the single father.

Perhaps he was cursed/blessed, as he is family oriented and nurturing and has always wanted (Lifetime wish) to raise children. He, like me, knows nothing about Supernaturals though he is a fan of them.

Basic Rules I set myself are as follows: (More details are given later in the post)
- Create a family with the single (human) father and five supernatural toddlers (witch, vampire, genie, fairy and werewolf), may have any appearance but I recommend giving them theme colours and names and different personalities. Set them as his children.
- Create a young adult or adult couple, convert them to mermaids, make them have many babies together, then transfer one baby to the single father's household.
- No hiring other staff, or moving in other adults. This single father is determined to raise the children himself.
- Start with some generous sum of money and a nice house but no store bought content that affects difficulty of the game at all.
- The youngest child, the mermaid, should have an imaginary friend which you want to make the eighth member of your family when you can.
- Toddlers must learn all skills before being aged up.
- Allowed to use cheats to maintain the needs only of the single parent.
- Epic lifespans for all stages.

Potential extension:
- Once your grown children start moving out, get abducted by aliens and have an alien baby, raise them and move them out too. Perhaps find love eventually.

:: More details ::
Create a family with the single (human) father and five supernatural toddlers, may have any appearance but I recommend giving them theme colours and names and different personalities.
For example, mine are as follows: (I'll attach an image of them without hairstyles, clothing styles or make-up)
- Werewolf Angua, female, pale blonde hair, dark brown skin, bright orange eyes (grey as a human, became bright orange when switched to werewolf in CAS). Wears mostly orange but also other warm bright fiery colours.
- Genie Robin, male, bald but naturally black hair (I gave him weird stormy grey highlights), blue skin, warm orange-ish hazel eyes, wears various colours (anything that goes with his skintone, really. You can always tell him apart from the skin anyway.)
- Vampire Eddard, male, soft lighter brown hair, grey eyes, mid-tone skin (again, paler and greyer as a vampire but halfwayish on the scale), wears mostly red, some black.
- Witch Harry, male, black hair (preset), striking green eyes, pale, will need glasses as he gets older, skinniest and least defined options, wears mostly purple.
- Fairy Amberle, female, lighter orange-red hair preset, brown eyes, mid-to-darker skin, wears mostly mossy and leafy greens.
And the baby: - Mermaid Ariel, female, dark red hair preset, blue eyes, somewhat pale. Will probably be wearing teal, aqua, turquoisey colours mostly.
Now I chose all their body types when I designed them as young adults before changing them to toddlers. I haven't played enough to know if they'll grow into the body types I chose for them or be different somehow. Of course I didn't design the mermaid directly, just created two identical (twin) parents and I will see how she turns out with genetics. My single dad wears mostly black, has greyish blue-ish eyes, and I made him somewhat chubby since I don't usually play characters like that, so I thought it would be new and fun.
Create a young adult or adult couple, convert them to mermaids, make them have many babies together, then transfer one baby to the single father's household.
I gave them the lifetime wishes for lots of money and motherlode them enough for the lifetime happiness points for mermaid kelp for both of them, then see through the pregnancy till the babies are born, move one of the babies in with the single father's family. I gave them the same surname and had the mother temporarily move out (on the clipboard) with the baby, transferred the baby across then put the mother back with her hubby. I cheated for this part since it's really just part of the setup for the challenge. But you should have the baby in the single father's household before you play at all with that household.
Start with some generous sum of money and a nice house but no store bought content that affects difficulty of the game at all.
Because you don't get any time to raise your skills/lifetime points before having the children and they take up literally all of your time, I figure the challenge isn't in running out of money early on. Instead, this is something you'll need to deal with later on in the challenge as the child raising part becomes easier as they get older, since you aren't trying to get more babies in the family to replace them.
Allowed to use cheats to maintain the needs only of the single parent.
I did this because I couldn't even keep up with the needs of the children, let alone get my parent to do anything for their own needs.

Most importantly:
There is a lot of room for rules to be meddled with a bit. For example, you could make it so that you don't need to teach toddlers more than one skill before aging, but in turn not cheat the parent's needs to full all the time or even also not start with more than say 10,000 dollars. So there is a lot of room for messing with difficulty of the challenge. I personally found starting with so many toddlers and a baby all at once was just too involved not to make everything else very easy. I aim to stop using cheats to top up needs once half of the toddlers are children.

And I am completely new to making challenges so if you feel like something different, try this out and let me know how it goes and how you changed the rules to make it the most fun for you whatever your skill level and preferred difficulty.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 1:51 AM
This is a really neat idea! I'll have to give it a shot for myself sometime :-D