Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

2021 UPDATE: No More Welcome Wagon

by TheFandomGirl Posted 30th Jan 2017 at 4:34 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2023 at 10:53 PM by TheFandomGirl : Update

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 41 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 5:08 PM
Thank You So Much I Hate The Welcome Wagon
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 5:22 PM
You're totally not alone! I find that thing aggravating beyond words, too!

A storyteller's game, lips that intoxicate; the core of all Life is a limitless chest of tales.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 5:24 PM
I guess you didn't realize that Coolspear1 already has a "No Auto Welcome Wagon" mod as part of his large collection called Set of No Autonomy Mods.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Instructor
#5 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 5:37 PM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 5:41 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 6:22 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 6:34 PM
Who does this anymore? Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 9:16 PM
Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
I guess you didn't realize that Coolspear1 already has a "No Auto Welcome Wagon" mod as part of his large collection called Set of No Autonomy Mods.

Actually, I didn't. I've never seen that submission anywhere on MTS! Guess I really do need new glasses... oh well, it was fun learning how to make my own tuning mods, so I'm not upset.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 12:11 AM
I hate the Welcome Wagon almost as much as I hated the Imaginary Friend in Sims 3...almost. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 1:32 AM
No more nasty fruitcake!!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 5:31 AM
Thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 9:31 AM
haha thanks. In uk going near someones door uninvited is frowned at haha more like the war wagon we have never been friendly with neighbours
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 9:36 AM
Thank you so much! I was just playing with a new household and was thinking how annoying it is to endure a Welcome Wagon yet again.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 12:48 PM
Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 2:44 PM
No, you're not alone in this regard! ^^ Thank you for this mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 4:20 AM
Thank you!! I want to set the welcome wagon on fire and roll it down a hill.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 6:24 AM
Thank you so much for this. I, too, hate the welcome wagon and wanted it gone from my game. Thank you sooooo much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 1:25 AM
I had a welcome wagon like 2 days after they moved in. Actually, it doesn't bother me. I hated getting it that first day when I'm just trying to get my Sims' skills to a livable state!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EthanSimsalot
I had a welcome wagon like 2 days after they moved in. Actually, it doesn't bother me. I hated getting it that first day when I'm just trying to get my Sims' skills to a livable state!

After you installed this mod, or before? It completely blocked them for every household I tried.
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 2:59 AM
I have a weird issue happening after the welcome wagon was supposed to run. The sims that were supposed to visit my new home and welcome me are now all -50 friendship. There are usually one or two sims added to the relationship panel for every sim in the household that have the negative relationship. I'm assuming this is because I ignored them and didn't answer. I'm guessing this is because the event isn't being fully blocked.

I tested this by moving into various new homes in the neighborhood and it was happening with each one. I would have several negative -50 relationships added hours after moving in (but not to start with). If this mod isn't to blame I'm willing to entertain alternate theories. If no one else is getting -50 relationships added shortly after moving in then perhaps it's just my game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 9:51 PM
Coolspear has moved on to the asylum...lol....realize how that reads lol That's another site. He has stated there that he no longer supports his mod like yours. It's all up to you :-) Please, please keep it up-to-date. That Welcome Wagon is a real pain in the royal arse. :-P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skanning
Coolspear has moved on to the asylum...lol....realize how that reads lol That's another site. He has stated there that he no longer supports his mod like yours. It's all up to you :-) Please, please keep it up-to-date. That Welcome Wagon is a real pain in the royal arse. :-P

Oh trust me, I will. It's as much for my sake as it is yours.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kevinnclay
I have a weird issue happening after the welcome wagon was supposed to run. The sims that were supposed to visit my new home and welcome me are now all -50 friendship. There are usually one or two sims added to the relationship panel for every sim in the household that have the negative relationship. I'm assuming this is because I ignored them and didn't answer. I'm guessing this is because the event isn't being fully blocked.

I tested this by moving into various new homes in the neighborhood and it was happening with each one. I would have several negative -50 relationships added hours after moving in (but not to start with). If this mod isn't to blame I'm willing to entertain alternate theories. If no one else is getting -50 relationships added shortly after moving in then perhaps it's just my game.

Hmm, that is definitely not a result I got. What other mods do you have?
Page 1 of 4