Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Super Rascals v0.7 (Formerly Child Vampire Manifestation)

by Dipper Posted 2nd Feb 2017 at 6:34 PM - Updated 5th Feb 2024 at 1:33 PM by Dipper : update

198 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 141 Feedback Posts, 56 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 8
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 7:01 PM
Sounds great! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 9:14 PM
I was super disappointed that child vampires were just normal kids. I'll be checking this out immediately!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 10:08 PM
Really useful!
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 11:04 PM
question! If I was to install this onto my computer, how will I get the child and teen vampires to age up. You stated they don't age up naturally, so how do they?
Instructor
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melsey3
question! If I was to install this onto my computer, how will I get the child and teen vampires to age up. You stated they don't age up naturally, so how do they?

You age them up as you usually do, with the birthday cake

The Truth is out there!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
You age them up as you usually do, with the birthday cake

Actually, the game's standard way of preventing Vampires (of all ages YA+) from aging is to make them eternally 1 day away from their birthday, so if you have auto-aging on then a birthday cake won't work.

The simplest solution, ironically, is to turn auto-aging off long enough to have your vamp kid blow out the candles, and then turn it right back on.

I may also put in an artificial aging device, like maybe a tome for vampires to read or a cocktail for them to drink to age them up. Right now I'm trying to tackle the powers thing, so it's kinda back burner for me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 12:25 AM
DAMN ITS THE SHIZZ!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jerrycnh
Actually, the game's standard way of preventing Vampires (of all ages YA+) from aging is to make them eternally 1 day away from their birthday, so if you have auto-aging on then a birthday cake won't work.

The simplest solution, ironically, is to turn auto-aging off long enough to have your vamp kid blow out the candles, and then turn it right back on.

I may also put in an artificial aging device, like maybe a tome for vampires to read or a cocktail for them to drink to age them up. Right now I'm trying to tackle the powers thing, so it's kinda back burner for me.

You can also enable testingcheats and use sims.age_up
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 9:29 AM
Downloaded it the Moment I saw it. Thank you for creating and uploading! Cant Wait for my Vampire Couple to finally give birth to their first child.
One Question, though: Could you include Toddlers in a future Version? And you didnt mention if Vampire Children created in CAS can have Fangs now.
If not, count that as a suggestion.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 9:52 AM
I have a little vampire kid who I want to be a child forever; I made him custom fangs and everything. It was such a bummer that the only "vampire" thing about him was his appearance. This is perfect! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 12:14 PM
Thanks for this fix. Great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 2:52 PM
Thank you for this, now we can have real Vampire Toddlers like it should be.
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 4:04 PM
Is there any way to have a version where children can't feed/be fed upon? Like, limiting them to just plasma packs/fruit. Is that doable?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Armilus
Could you include Toddlers in a future Version? And you didnt mention if Vampire Children created in CAS can have Fangs now.
If not, count that as a suggestion.

CAS changes are something I haven't really figured out yet; I imagine it's doable, but I'd bet the fangs would have to be adjusted for size and I have no artistic/meshing ability so I'd have to bring a partner on for that. Once I figure out the coding part of it. It's on my to-do list, since I want to make it possible to customize a Dark Form on creation and that's going to require modifying the CAS.

As for Toddlers, that's a pretty easy thing to do, code-wise, probably just take me an hour of going through and adding the Toddler flag to everything that I added the Child flag to. I wouldn't want it to be part of my "main" mod because it doesn't have the flavor I'm looking for, but I'd be willing to put out a sub-mod with a Toddlers option. Would you want them to be able to feed, too? Because I imagine they'd grow unusually, comically tall in that scenario.

Quote: Originally posted by Vorpal
I have a little vampire kid who I want to be a child forever; I made him custom fangs and everything.

I know what you mean! From The Anointed One to Chancellor Drew in Tru Blood, vampire children have had a pretty significant place in the mythos. Definitely part of the inspiration for making the mod.

Quote: Originally posted by Sparrows
Is there any way to have a version where children can't feed/be fed upon? Like, limiting them to just plasma packs/fruit. Is that doable?

Version 0.5.2 does exactly that.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 4:56 PM
Amazing mod. I will try it out right away. Thank you for sharing and I am really excited about what else you will do regarding vampire children.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 12:44 AM
The stretching issue could be fixed by ajusted Animations or new ones.
You could try searching for a Partner that can do Animations. Maybe somewhere where Adult Mods are uploaded, because most custom Animations are made for S*x Mods.
Unfortunately, I cant help you. I created a custom tattoo I dont know if I should upload, but thats it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 1:28 PM
The stretching issue could be fixed by ajusted Animations or new ones.
You could try searching for a Partner that can do Animations. Maybe somewhere where Adult Mods are uploaded, because most custom Animations are made for S*x Mods.
Unfortunately, I cant help you. I created a custom tattoo I dont know if I should upload, but thats it.

Perhaps. To be completely honest, the tuning that would have to happen on the back end for that (separate animation calls for child versus teen+) would be a coding nightmare, so I doubt I'll ever really bother tackling it that way. Someone would have to be paying me. Thanks for the suggestion anyway. Who knows, maybe someone will do that stuff anyway as part of a larger "kids do adult things" mod, I remember how comedic it was to have Sims 3 kids basically turn into Helen Incredible whenever they were paying bills or fixing a shower.

Making vampire children inherently a little bit taller to mitigate the issue seems like the simplest solution (with the added benefit of variable height children - it's always annoyed the heck out of me that Sims 4 doesn't support custom heights), so I may someday seek out someone to do that.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 3:10 PM
And what about new Interactions instead of ported adult ones? That could be easier, right?
I mean, custom interactions combined with custom animations has been done before.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 5:17 PM
And what about new Interactions instead of ported adult ones? That could be easier, right?
I mean, custom interactions combined with custom animations has been done before.

Well right now, all I've done is take a bunch of test sets that said "If Teen +, do this" and changed them to "If Child+, do this". Easy peasy, the hardest part was finding which variables to change (version 0.4 accidentally enabled ALL the sets, which I'm sure would have led to lots of complaints about child romance).

What you're proposing is more of an "If Child, do this, if teen+, do that" pointing to different animation calls. The code for that is... well, now that you mention it, I've seen that sort of filter in a few places and copying it wouldn't be impossible. I'd have to write the "do this" animation tuning from scratch, which I've never messed with before, but yeah I suppose it's easier than I first thought. Maybe 12 hours of coding work instead of 60.

Still need a partner to do the animations, though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 3:22 PM
As I understand it, the Mod is still at alpha stage, and therefore WIP.
Since my Vampire Lady is pregnant, I will soon be testing it in detail.
If you find someone to provide you animations, and are able to fix all known issues, this Mod will be really great when Version 1.0 is out. Even Better than it is now.
Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 4:10 PM
Default Dumb Question
Hi, great work! But do I download both available files or just one of them? I've read the update notes, but apparently I'm missing something. Thanks for your help!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Medusafern
Hi, great work! But do I download both available files or just one of them? I've read the update notes, but apparently I'm missing something. Thanks for your help!

Just one of them. I left 0.5.2 available in case some people thought the feeding thing was a little too hard core for their youngins. Turns out a substantial minority is going that way.

So it turns out that the birthday cake thing doesn't work, and child vampires really are stuck in eternal youth at the moment. I'm trying to hotfix it tonight.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jerrycnh
Just one of them. I left 0.5.2 available in case some people thought the feeding thing was a little too hard core for their youngins. Turns out a substantial minority is going that way.

So it turns out that the birthday cake thing doesn't work, and child vampires really are stuck in eternal youth at the moment. I'm trying to hotfix it tonight.

Glad to konw you're tryig to fix this. Was coming to report it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 1:25 AM
I was just thinking that it would be so much better if vampire kids were actually vampires, then I saw this! a thousand thank yous!
Page 1 of 8