Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autonomous Vampire Turning

by SnowieSimmer Posted 2nd Feb 2017 at 2:59 PM - Updated 27th Jun 2018 at 4:16 PM by SnowieSimmer

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 4:07 PM
Hey so just wondering if the Vampires offer to turn is the same as ingame without mod with the dialog box that open and you can choose if you want to be turned or will they turn you without asking?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buddy92
Hey so just wondering if the Vampires offer to turn is the same as ingame without mod with the dialog box that open and you can choose if you want to be turned or will they turn you without asking?

In my testing, I found no dialog box popup when someone asked/offered to be turned (unfortunately). However, the testing was done with Sims in my household, so that could have an influence on it. If you find a dialog box popping up, then great! That's something that I think should be there, and I would add it if I knew how.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowieSimmer
In my testing, I found no dialog box popup when someone asked/offered to be turned (unfortunately). However, the testing was done with Sims in my household, so that could have an influence on it. If you find a dialog box popping up, then great! That's something that I think should be there, and I would add it if I knew how.

well the dialog box is only something I got at the first day playing the Vampire GP, I was good friends with Lilith Vatore and visited her there the dialog box popped up and I could choose if she would turn me.

that was the only time so far I got that dialog box I never saw them with my other Sims
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 6:45 PM
Just one quick note here,

whoever uses my Autonomy mod " VAMPIRES - Autonomy (ver. 1.0).rar | Description: (Optional) Adds autonomy for Dark Meditation and Offer to Turn! - (ver. 1.0)" will run into conflicts, because I already created this mod and added it in one pack with autonomy for Dark Meditation. Just thought people should know about this!

Best,
Tanja

The Truth is out there!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
Just one quick note here,

whoever uses my Autonomy mod " VAMPIRES - Autonomy (ver. 1.0).rar | Description: (Optional) Adds autonomy for Dark Meditation and Offer to Turn! - (ver. 1.0)" will run into conflicts, because I already created this mod and added it in one pack with autonomy for Dark Meditation. Just thought people should know about this!

Best,
Tanja

Thanks for letting us know! Does your mod offer only autonomous vampire turning? Wouldn't want to duplicate anything that was already out there
Instructor
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 10:18 PM
Thanks for letting us know! Does your mod offer only autonomous vampire turning? Wouldn't want to duplicate anything that was already out there

My mod combines:

Autonomy for Dark Meditation, vampires doesn't matter if NPC or active will use the DM when their energy gets low!
+ Offer and Ask to turn !

It's in my autonomy pack which will eventually contain all vampire activities as autonomous versions!
Therefore yes it does have both in it!

It edits these files for offer and ask

The Truth is out there!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 7:21 PM
Good job, Snowie
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scarletqueenkat
Good job, Snowie

Couldn't have done it without your help
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 1:43 AM
Can you possibly make a mod that allows vampires to attack autonomously w/o turning other sims. I want some tension in my game but I don't want a vampire invasion.
Theorist
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheekykinz34
Can you possibly make a mod that allows vampires to attack autonomously w/o turning other sims. I want some tension in my game but I don't want a vampire invasion.

I have no vampire mod yet in my game and my sim was just attacked autonomously by Vlag in her sleep lol
Theorist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 11:58 PM
I was wondering, could it be possible to make a flavor where vampires will autonomously turn and drink from sims with out asking? I hate how vampires in sims 3 and 4 have to ask permission. Like that would happen in real life lol Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheekykinz34

Like PolarBearSims said, vampires will occasionally break into your house and drink your blood just with the base game and vampires pack. They'll never turn you through this night-invasion. I haven't had it happen very often though, while others say they come in packs in their game. Apparently researching vampire secrets will get the attention of the vampires and increase the chance of break-ins, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
I was wondering, could it be possible to make a flavor where vampires will autonomously turn and drink from sims with out asking? I hate how vampires in sims 3 and 4 have to ask permission. Like that would happen in real life lol Thank you

I'm sure I could make a version where vampires turn and drink autonomously, but I feel like that mod has already been made...

If not, I could make it if enough people want it (or I decide to make it for myself). I could potentially restrict it so that vampires will only turn/drink when friends, enemies, lovers, etc. If there's enough interest in this I'll check with you guys to see what kind of combination you would want for turning and drinking
Theorist
#15 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 2:55 AM
I'm sure I could make a version where vampires turn and drink autonomously, but I feel like that mod has already been made...

If not, I could make it if enough people want it (or I decide to make it for myself). I could potentially restrict it so that vampires will only turn/drink when friends, enemies, lovers, etc. If there's enough interest in this I'll check with you guys to see what kind of combination you would want for turning and drinking

Thank you I hadn't come across a mod yet that had them turn and drink autonomously so if you could direct me to that so I could check it out that would be great. I am still currently in line for an add on to this one that does those autonomously
Instructor
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 5:00 AM
I don't know why but this mod seems to only work some times. I created a few sims with similar traits and all of them were friendly with Caleb Vatore. Now it happened in 2 different save files that he offered to turn my sim right after they became friends. Usually this happens during the welcome wagon. But then I created yet another sim and did the same things as before and Caleb never offered to turn autonomously. I don't know why, but sometimes it seems like the mod does not work anymore I am still waiting for any vampire to autonomously turn anyone.

The Truth is out there!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 6:41 PM
I don't know why but this mod seems to only work some times. I created a few sims with similar traits and all of them were friendly with Caleb Vatore. Now it happened in 2 different save files that he offered to turn my sim right after they became friends. Usually this happens during the welcome wagon. But then I created yet another sim and did the same things as before and Caleb never offered to turn autonomously. I don't know why, but sometimes it seems like the mod does not work anymore I am still waiting for any vampire to autonomously turn anyone.

Currently, the base XML settings I used for this mod will let the "ask to turn" and "offer to turn" options be selected autonomously if the relationship is at least "has met". Which means, pretty much anyone who's met a vampire who can turn Sims is eligible to ask/be offered to turn. In my testing I had three Sims locked in a box house--one vampire with the turning power, one Sim who was good friends with the vampire, and one Sim who hated the vampire. The vampire almost immediately turned her friend, but I never saw her offer or be asked to turn the enemy.

It's possible that Caleb doesn't start with the ability to turn Sims, and picks it over time just like Sims gain skills or get jobs. He then might not always choose that perk when he spends points, just like Malcolm Landgraab's adult trait is picked randomly when he ages up (for example).

In general, you will have to let them sit and chat autonomously--without any direction from you, if you want the action to pop up. The most reliable way to do this would be to place a couple vampires you KNOW have the ability to turn others, and just be patient. Since the offer/ask interaction is friendly, it's more likely to happen if you're friends with the vampire and are having a friendly conversation. Hope this helps!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 7:32 PM
Thank you so much!
Theorist
#19 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buddy92

With this mod in my game, I've had both. A vampire called my sim saying he had a question to ask my sim. She went over and he asked to turn and a box came up asking me if I wanted to or not. That has happened twice since this mod with 2 different vamps. My teen was visiting her vamp bf and he turned her with out asking. Im not sure if any of thone occurrences was the game or the mod or both but I was happy to see it autonomously doing so
Instructor
#20 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 8:47 AM
It's possible that Caleb doesn't start with the ability to turn Sims, and picks it over time just like Sims gain skills or get jobs. He then might not always choose that perk when he spends points, just like Malcolm Landgraab's adult trait is picked randomly when he ages up (for example).

In general, you will have to let them sit and chat autonomously--without any direction from you, if you want the action to pop up. The most reliable way to do this would be to place a couple vampires you KNOW have the ability to turn others, and just be patient. Since the offer/ask interaction is friendly, it's more likely to happen if you're friends with the vampire and are having a friendly conversation. Hope this helps!

Yep I know that Caleb and Vlad are the only beginning vampires who have the power to turn others. In two of my test saves Caleb was in romantic relationship with my Sim. First one got turned on the welcome wagon and the second got turned when they met in front of his house. But since then in no new save file it happens autonomously anymore. I usually let them just chat along. I don't know what the matter is, in 2 save files it's working and since then none of my new files works, so it seems. Weird...

The Truth is out there!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 8:45 PM
Yep I know that Caleb and Vlad are the only beginning vampires who have the power to turn others. In two of my test saves Caleb was in romantic relationship with my Sim. First one got turned on the welcome wagon and the second got turned when they met in front of his house. But since then in no new save file it happens autonomously anymore. I usually let them just chat along. I don't know what the matter is, in 2 save files it's working and since then none of my new files works, so it seems. Weird...

Well I did check it for the latest patch and it didn't need updated, so it's probably just a matter of chance. Unfortunately I don't know how to fine-tune the chances, but you wouldn't want them too high either.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 4:39 AM
It'd be amazing if the requirement was a bit higher. If the requirement is just to be friends I'd be worried that the whole town would be turned soon, however if it was good friends or even higher (maybe only lovers?) then that would be more realistic in my opinion.

~ formerly known as trüffelschaf ~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 3:25 PM
Very very very amazing, thank you soo much for creating this mod! Can you make this happens to NPCs sims?
I would love to see "x" sim being turned, what a surprise!
Thank you again :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chantalwapa
Very very very amazing, thank you soo much for creating this mod! Can you make this happens to NPCs sims?
I would love to see "x" sim being turned, what a surprise!
Thank you again :D

Unless I'm misunderstanding how the mixer codes work, it should *technically* enable the ask/offer interactions for autonomous selection in all Sims, not just the ones you're currently controlling. However, the chances of Sims being turned in general is rather low since the amount of vampires who can turn Sims is only two unless you add some. They also have to choose it from the long list of possible interactions, and I believe someone said they will only choose it if it "appears" in that Sim's conversation options without direction (the pie menu that comes up with a bunch of interactions, rather than the sorted menus containing romance, friendly, etc.)

So, in short, NPC Sims can be turned, but the chance of that happening is rather low. You could try to boost those chances by making several vampires with the ability to turn Sims and setting them loose in the city
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 1:15 AM
does this mod still work? or does it need updating? (°- ° )
Page 1 of 2