Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Military Career

by Neia Posted 8th Feb 2017 at 9:45 PM - Updated 6th Jun 2020 at 3:57 PM by Neia

146 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 10:04 PM
This is all that I ever wanted on the sims 4 THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 10:46 PM
I'm personally a big fan of your custom careers, as they help fill in gaps that Maxis forgot about. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 11:26 PM
Keep em coming!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 11:56 PM
Where did you get your list of ranks?
The air force is totally wrong for most English speaking forces.
And all the forces' ranks skip some of the more important ranks entirely.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 12:18 AM
Finally!! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 12:45 AM
So with your careers mods, they all have Neia_Careers_common in them, so would I need only one for the Military, Education, Biology Careers?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 12:48 AM
yes Yes YES Thank You
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 12:51 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 5:00 AM
Does this mod include custom military uniforms?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KlingonDragon
Where did you get your list of ranks?
The air force is totally wrong for most English speaking forces.
And all the forces' ranks skip some of the more important ranks entirely.

From Simpedia

More seriously, I started on Wikipedia and did further check on various websites, I looked mostly at the US army. Which ones are wrong or important and missing for you ?

Quote: Originally posted by billybones1617
So with your careers mods, they all have Neia_Careers_common in them, so would I need only one for the Military, Education, Biology Careers?

Yes, it's the same file in all the careers, you only need one for all

Quote: Originally posted by armymdic
Does this mod include custom military uniforms?

No, no custom outfit, but I wanted another career for my more active Sims so here it is
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 8:05 AM
This is just what I needed. I just installed a military base on one of my large lots, as every country needs a defense. Thank you for yet another wonderful career.
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#13 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 9:13 AM
Former US Air Force, here. The list in the description looks correct to me. I haven't tried in game. Obviously, your list skips over some (as it should). And in the real military, people don't get promoted from Enlisted to Officer. But for a Sims career, that's fine. (Real astronauts don't get promoted from janitor to astronaut, either!)

For a "Sims version" of a military career, it looks right to me.

Are there custom uniforms? Are there events and choices?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 10:48 AM
Thank you so much..i always play a military family who run a base and not having this career was just plain wrong
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 10:51 AM
Thank you for this ! I just discovered all your career mod. I'm so glad they have french translation ! I was wondering if you could create some requested careers ? I got a lot of idea !
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 11:59 AM
What I meant with the air force was:
Most forces in the anglosphere use prefixes like 'wing' or 'flight' with most of their ranks. Otherwise it's too similar to the ground or naval forces.
Also, there are enough officer ranks for you not to need to jump from enlisted to commissioned.
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neia
From Simpedia

More seriously, I started on Wikipedia and did further check on various websites, I looked mostly at the US army. Which ones are wrong or important and missing for you ?

Yes, it's the same file in all the careers, you only need one for all

No, no custom outfit, but I wanted another career for my more active Sims so here it is

Actually my husband is in the army you did miss ranks there
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 12:49 PM
Yes thanks. Now I can place my friend-sim Thomas in the correct career.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaclimesZero
Former US Air Force, here. The list in the description looks correct to me. I haven't tried in game. Obviously, your list skips over some (as it should). And in the real military, people don't get promoted from Enlisted to Officer. But for a Sims career, that's fine. (Real astronauts don't get promoted from janitor to astronaut, either!)

For a "Sims version" of a military career, it looks right to me.

Are there custom uniforms? Are there events and choices?

Thanks for the info ! I wanted it to be at least believable/relatable as a Sim equivalent to the US army, so I'm happy to hear it looks right for that.

There's no custom uniforms or custom events. I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with the army to write convincing chance cards

Quote: Originally posted by KlingonDragon
What I meant with the air force was:
Most forces in the anglosphere use prefixes like 'wing' or 'flight' with most of their ranks. Otherwise it's too similar to the ground or naval forces.
Also, there are enough officer ranks for you not to need to jump from enlisted to commissioned.

Climbing the ladder from the bottom to the top is a huge part of the Sims careers for me, so I wanted it to include both enlisted and commissioned, even if it's not how it works in the real world. I choose not to include all the ranks because I think it would have led to a career far too long, and it also introduces some leeway to make it a bit easier to translate in other languages who may not have the exact same ranks. If you want to change the titles to something you're more familiar with (Royal Air Force I guess?), it's definitely doable, all the texts are in the 0x220557DA-0x80000000-0x00000000F42C6671 ressource, and plasticbox has a tutorial on how to do it here : http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=570244.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 6:40 PM
Great stuff! Really missed the army career from Sims 3!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 8:32 PM
Amazing job, as always! I was missing the military career so much. Thank you for this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 3:39 AM
Can you add what shifts they all are? Im looking for the least amount of hours/days my sim has to go.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 2:28 PM
thank you so much
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#24 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 2:43 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 2:57 PM
I've made a start on*'fixing' the ranks.

I've done a US and a UK version of English. And I've also made a German version.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Strings.zip (3.9 KB, 144 downloads)
Page 1 of 6