Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shelter for Homeless Sims

by panmines Posted 10th Feb 2017 at 7:19 AM - Updated 20th Jan 2018 at 3:34 AM by panmines

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 10:56 AM
Great idea! My sims always need something like this.

Can you also add residential version to avoid messing with floor replacing, please? If I understand correctly in this case I can just place lot and enter cheat to turn it into apartment.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 3:49 PM
Great job! I'm so glad you included places for homeless pets too
...I'm gonna have to study that bridge - great idea!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 3:54 PM
So happy to see another of your wonderfully creative projects! It is very similar to homeless shelters I have seen. I'll download it this weekend.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by N_Fluen$e
Can you also add residential version to avoid messing with floor replacing, please? If I understand correctly in this case I can just place lot and enter cheat to turn it into apartment.

Unfortunately, the same thing happens regardless of the zoning of the lot. I guess the game automatically replaces the road floor tiles if you delete them and relocate the lot. The fix is real simple though: 1.) load up the lot and change the lot zoning to residential with this cheat: "changelotzoning residential", 2.) save and exit to the neighborhood and then load the lot back up again. In order to access the road floor tile, enter the cheat: "moveobjects on". Use the flooring tool to remove the road floor tile underneath the bridge. 3.) change lot zoning back to apartment with this cheat: "changelotzoning apartmentbase". Then save and exit to neighborhood. Sorry for having you do all this and I really hate requiring people do extra stuff, but I guess it is necessary.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 5:07 PM
Awesome lot! I love the bridge, and the derelict shack.
Great idea and execution!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 12:23 AM
The correct hack is not apartment and shopping on the same lot, but the Cafeteria Worker on Apartment Lots at SimWardrobe

But what a great idea thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
The correct hack is not apartment and shopping on the same lot, but the Cafeteria Worker on Apartment Lots at SimWardrobe

Thank you so much for telling me this. I'll make sure to change it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 4:21 PM
I love the abandoned house and how you managed to make the tents look like they are under a highway. This is ideal for my "homeless" sims, and I adore the employment opportunity in the kitchen :D
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 11:34 AM
There is also a mod for the Shiny Tyme stove at Simlogical, plus an additional mod to allow the NPC worker to pass through locked doors, if you want to isolate the kitchen area.

http://simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Eating.htm
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 10:05 PM
WOAH! This is genius! This bridge reminds me of something I've been meaning to make. I love it!
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 1:46 PM
Hello!
It's a beautifull lot and i wish i could use it... For some reason my this lot on my game is literally flooded, there's water beneath the bridge and the place where the rope bridge is at aswell and it goes until the 1st step of stairs in that abandoned shack. Eventhough i do like the look of it xD it was not my intention to play it like that. Do you perhaps, or anybody, know(s) a fix to this? Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Romãs
For some reason my this lot on my game is literally flooded

You probably placed the lot in a neighborhood at a location that is very close to sea level. Try placing the lot in an area that has higher elevation.
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by panmines
You probably placed the lot in a neighborhood at a location that is very close to sea level. Try placing the lot in an area that has higher elevation.

Yes, i actually figured this out moments later but it's still a bit weird. It almost needs to have a specific type of elevation because even if it is placed on high ground some areas will still be flooded.
Thank you anyways
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 8:01 AM
The cafeteria link doesn't work for me. Is there another link?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muddy
The cafeteria link doesn't work for me. Is there another link?

It seems the maker of the cafeteria mod (Sims Wardrobe) is now defunct. You can still download the mod by looking up Sims Wardrobe with the way back machine: https://web.archive.org/web/*/www.simwardrobe.com Choose sometime in 2015 and you should be able to access the front page. Once at the Sims Wardrobe front page, click "Sims 2" on the left side pannel, then "fixes", then "apartment life fixes", then "cafeteria workers for apartment lots" (bottom of page).