Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 7:00 PM Last edited by cmcallister14 : 10th Feb 2017 at 8:52 PM.
Default New Competitor for EA?...(scam)
The other day an article popped up on my phone about there being a potential competitor for The Sims Series. I was looking around on this forum to see if anyone was talking about it and I wanted to bring the topic up on here . I know there are some die hard sims fans like myself that would be interested in this topic. So the developers of this new game have not released details about the game and said that there will give more details on March 15th, but I wanted to know others thought about it (if it's real of course). I wouldn't be surprised if there was a new competitor for EA, especially for the Sims. Over the years EA has been monopolizing the heck out of the sims series by charging higher prices for less or lacking content....Would you play Vie if it had every aspect of a simulation game that you wanted? Would you continue to support EA by purchasing and continuing to play Sims 1-4? Or would you be open to both? What ideas of a game would you want the developers to consider adding, changing, or taking away from a simulation game that would make it your ideal game?

There's not much to go on right now, but I'm curious about others thoughts
I for one would like them to not forget that everyone has their own way of playing the game. For example, I like creating families and watching family trees grow. I love watching them go through the best and worst times of their lives. I also enjoy watching their personalities grow and get the best of them :D. I know there are others who like to build, create, and share content. There are others that like to watch their sims die in the most obscure ways, explore new worlds, create challenges etc. What's your playing style(s)? and what would you be looking for in this game?

Link: New competition!!

Edit: Thanks Rafael! I fixed the link
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 7:12 PM
Hopefully, this will make EA invest and care a little more.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 7:25 PM
The link don´t work, so here it is again. i LIKE the idea, competition is good!

https://simscommunity.info/2017/02/...new-competitor/
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 7:57 PM
Vie Life Simulator. I don't see this game being popular like The Sims are.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630

Are you sure that's the game? the developers have not released anything yet...
Instructor
#6 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:09 PM
I wouldn't mind the haters leaving the sims community for good, that would be a dream come true, it's not like they are investing money in the game anymore, i really hope that will be the outcome of all this Competition is healthy! The sims continues to make me happy, let the complaining be someone else's problem.. I just hope this company is smart and does not infringe on copyright laws by making something unique. I've seen companies try to rip off maxis and get themselves sued over it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Hopefully, this will make EA invest and care a little more.

I agree, they have been going downhill for the past several years and are dominating the market. Having a competitor might spice things up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misstrgal
I wouldn't mind the haters leaving the sims community for good, that would be a dream come true, it's not like they are investing money in the game anymore, i really hope that will be the outcome of all this Competition is healthy! The sims continues to make me happy, let the complaining be someone else's problem.. I just hope this company is smart and does not infringe on copyright laws by making something unique. I've seen companies try to rip off maxis and get themselves sued over it

Despite the recent sims games falling kind of short I still continue to invest in the series. I enjoy all of the sims games! If EA wasn't that greedy and actually cared about the quality of work they were producing people would complain less. I know there are more people out there who have continued to invest in the game but have expectations for EA to fulfill like myself.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:22 PM
I'll just leave this here.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka

Wow....that sucks....Thanks for sharing!.....
This is my first time hearing about this project, scam or whatever it is... I knew it was too good to be true
Why would other scam and trick other people who would look forward to this kind of stuff? If I had the talent, tools and team to create a new simulation game better than EA then I would have done it by now because that how much I like the sims. I want it to be better.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:31 PM
I would be shocked if this person actually posted any real, substantial information at all on March 15th. Sorry to be the messenger.

Theorist
#12 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:36 PM

I couldn't stand that guy's voice enough to listen to the video, but whatever that is looks like Sims 4 only "more so" i.e. more simplified, stupider, and more limited. However it just says "Life Simulator" does he say that it's connected to whatever Vie is?

Well, poop. Would have been nice if it had been genuine. I want my competition life simulator
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:44 PM
That's so unfortunate because I would love another simulation game in the market! EA has been taking advantage of us left and right. They offer us less and poor quality content for more money. The only reason that they still have a following is because of the good quality work and love that was put into the Sims 1 and Sims 2 series (kind of Sims 3 ). People continue to play the games and it doesn't matter how outdated they are or how many bugs they have. People are they still continue to play the game. I'm just fed up right now... Thanks for giving us the updated information.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmcallister14
Wow....that sucks....Thanks for sharing!.....
This is my first time hearing about this project, scam or whatever it is... I knew it was too good to be true
Why would other scam and trick other people who would look forward to this kind of stuff? If I had the talent, tools and team to create a new simulation game better than EA then I would have done it by now because that how much I like the sims. I want it to be better.

They have no life!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 9:25 PM
It's a scam? Dreams crushed in 5... 4... 3...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#16 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 9:46 PM
I wouldn't mind the haters leaving the sims community for good, that would be a dream come true, it's not like they are investing money in the game anymore, i really hope that will be the outcome of all this ......

Read this aloud to yourself. What you are saying is you hate the haters, which makes you a .........

I have never wished anyone to leave the Sims community, what I wish for is that the Sims continues to develop and build on the charm and freedom of expression that Sims 2 and 3 had so we can all have a better game.
Also, I have "invested" over $2000 in the Sims series (including Sims 4) and I think that makes me an advocate, rather than being labelled a hater just because I think Sims 4 is a disappointment. (I must say it does look rather pretty sat on my bookshelf though)
If we all just kept quiet and said nothing negative about Sims 4 then there is no incentive for it to ever improve. The same goes for any competition that may appear as this can only drive EA to make the game better.

However, I'm afraid this latest "competitor" may be nothing more than Pie in the Sky!

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥ Now playing Sims 4 but not as EA intended.....
Smeg Head
#17 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 9:57 PM
If there was in any way, a half-decent producer behind such development, we would have been given a lot more news of its potential by now. The producers main concern, early advertising to boost revenue on sales after official release. None of that whatsoever? Hmmm...

The actual writing and advertising currently available, for a product release in March? Very amateurish to say the least, talking and comparing more about a rival product than their own. That's a professional sales no-no from the off. Heightening and increasing interest in said rival product before anyone has even seen yours. My teenage children have been taught better than to do that.

And from mid March onwards, delayed for technical reasons, until April 1st, - fooled you, ha, ha.... This Project Vie is vying for a good prank, I suspect.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 10:46 PM
What I wonder is...how can anyone be fooled by that? ...Some of you really got tricked. I am surprised. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#19 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 11:07 PM

This really needs to be spread out in the community. I've read a lot of Simblrs and other sites that think this is for real. And I saw SimGuru Graham follows them on Twitter!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Flaygor
However, I'm afraid this latest "competitor" may be nothing more than Pie in the Sky!

Hah! Sometimes you crack me up Flaygor!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
This really needs to be spread out in the community. I've read a lot of Simblrs and other sites that think this is for real. And I saw SimGuru Graham follows them on Twitter!

Feel free to share it on tumblr.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Field Researcher
#22 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 1:24 AM
The Sims really needs a competitor though... I honestly would have thought someone would have jumped in by now. I know it's a big undertaking, but a Sims 1/Sims 2 clone with open/semi-open world doesn't seem like a big investment for a larger company. Heck, even an indie studio these days... people are desperate for something different. By people, I mean me.
Instructor
#23 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I couldn't stand that guy's voice enough to listen to the video, but whatever that is looks like Sims 4 only "more so" i.e. more simplified, stupider, and more limited. However it just says "Life Simulator" does he say that it's connected to whatever Vie is?

Was the only video I could find in English.

Here's one in French
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifB2nECqxI4
VIE NULLE SIMULATOR is NULL LIFE SIMULATOR or Life Simulator translated to English.

Depending on how you type it in lower case or upper case letters.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 2:11 AM
That Vie and "Project Vie" are not related.

Instructor
#25 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 2:37 AM

I still invest money in the game actually, in both Sims 3 (as long as the store is open) and Sims 4. I just know very well, what EA is doing and don't want to continue tolerating it if there's a chance for me to have the same sort of game from a company with less sinister tactics. I know you don't trust us, or think we don't buy anything, but the fact is we aren't actually "haters" we love the Sims we just hate EA and wish that what we loved was in the hands of someone we could trust.

But this "New Competitor" does bring up an interesting point, as much as we hate EA, we shouldn't let that hatred or hope for a better future allow us to be scammed by some nobody with a need for attention. :D
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: the caek is a lie...
Page 1 of 4