Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Real Vampires

by PuddingFace Posted 20th Feb 2017 at 4:39 PM - Updated 9th Mar 2018 at 5:44 PM by skydome

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 7:30 PM
Oh hey silly me <facepalm> the default flavor for this mod was an empty .7z file cause apparently the file was open in another program and I didn't read the error message please. It's been fixed now. Please re-download it if you downloaded it before.
I apologize for the inconveniance.
Instructor
#3 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 11:15 PM Last edited by Butterbot : 21st Feb 2017 at 1:12 AM. Reason: Typo
Looks like a cool mod--a few questions:

1. Does the default flavour modify Buffs.xml, seeing that it "uses the original timer and delay timer for heating up and toomuchsun" moodlets? There's another mod in my game that changes the Buffs XML, but I wonder if the default flavour of your mod can be used anyway, given that it's doesn't seem to be changing the original settings for those two buffs.

2. "The heating up moodlet will now appear instantly." --> Is this a feature of the default flavour too?

3. How longs does "Heating Up" last in the default flavour before a vampire catches fire?

4. How much time in the sun can vampires spend without getting the "Too Much Sun" moodlet? I assume they get this after getting "Heating Up", if they go back indoors before catching fire.

5. Does this work with just Supernatural?

Sorry for all the questions; I rarely play with vampires and hope that your mod will change that. Also, congrats on first mod!

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
Looks like a cool mod--a few questions:

1. Does the default flavour modify Buffs.xml, seeing that it "uses the original timer and delay timer for heating up and toomuchsun" moodlets? There's another mod in my game that changes the Buffs XML, but I wonder if the default flavour of your mod can be used anyway, given that it's doesn't seem to be changing the original settings for those two buffs.

2. "The heating up moodlet will now appear instantly." --> Is this a feature of the default flavour too?

3. How longs does "Heating Up" last in the default flavour before a vampire catches fire?

4. How much time in the sun can vampires spend without getting the "Too Much Sun" moodlet? I assume they get this after getting "Heating Up", if they go back indoors before catching fire.

5. Does this work with just Supernatural?

Sorry for all the questions; I rarely play with vampires and hope that your mod will change that. Also, congrats on first mod!

1.) Yes the default flavor modify the buffs.xml because I created my custom buff using a script mod and replaced it with EA buff using the buffs.xml.
2.)No this is not a feature of Default.xml. You have to spend 1 sim hour in the sun. After that you get heating up. Default uses original timer AND the delay timer for the moodlet.
3)In default heating up lasts for 3 sim hours.
4)Vampire sims will get the toomuchun moodlet only after getting hit by the sunlight charm. If the heating up moodlet times out while you're outside they'll get the Onfire moodlet.
5.)Currently it should work with either latenight or supernatural.

Honestly man flavor 1 and flavor 2 are the most recommended flavors. Hope you have fun with my mod. Oh btw if another mod is also making changes in buffs.xml perhaps you can add those changes in my buffs.xml too using S3PE that way my mod will do both jobs
Instructor
#5 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 4:25 AM
Thanks for answering all my questions in such a clear way. I like flavour 2 the best and will give it a try when I get chance.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 8:52 PM
I do have one question about this mod, does it also give vampires enough sense to stay out of the sun and only come out at night?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 12:32 AM
DEFINITELY trying flavor 2, thanks!
(Can I be a greedy wench and request another flavor with just the Sunlight Charm making them pass out, please?)
Forum Resident
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 12:38 AM

@Butterbot - If it's my mod that you're using, I would be willing to take a look at the version of this mod that you're using, and modify it with the version of my mod that you're using. Just let me know if you are, which version of each you are using, and if you'd like me to do that.

@Skydome - Which XML file is the one that affects how the sunlight charm works? I'm just curious, because I may tweak that for my own game. (I can't use your mod as is, because I have my own personal mod that modifies the Buffs.xml, and yours will conflict.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 5:26 AM Last edited by skydome : 22nd Feb 2017 at 6:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LaBlue314
I do have one question about this mod, does it also give vampires enough sense to stay out of the sun and only come out at night?

Unfortunately not yet although EA did give them some sense to go inside they just don't do it. I'm working on a way to force inactive vampires into visiting a community lot when they get the heating up moodlet .

Quote: Originally posted by murfee
DEFINITELY trying flavor 2, thanks!
(Can I be a greedy wench and request another flavor with just the Sunlight Charm making them pass out, please?)

You just want sunlight charm pass out. I could do that. But may take a while.

Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
@Butterbot - If it's my mod that you're using, I would be willing to take a look at the version of this mod that you're using, and modify it with the version of my mod that you're using. Just let me know if you are, which version of each you are using, and if you'd like me to do that.

@Skydome - Which XML file is the one that affects how the sunlight charm works? I'm just curious, because I may tweak that for my own game. (I can't use your mod as is, because I have my own personal mod that modifies the Buffs.xml, and yours will conflict.)

Well in this mod I use a script(like in script mod) to create an exact replica of HeatingUp TooMuchSun and KnockedOut moodlet but with certain changes like heating up will give onfire after timing out instead of toomuchsun, then I use Buffs.xml to replace EA's moodlets with ones I created using the <customclassname> tag. The sunlight charm making them faint was done using script. However you can do that by simply using xml tuning too just replace the <customclassname> tag from too much sun with the one from Knocked out moodlet. Copy everything between <customclassname> and </customclassname> from knocked out moodlet.
BTW I think you can use my mod with yours. Steps
1)Simply export everything except the key file and the Buffs.xml to a different package file using S3PE and then import them to yours(Your mod package file that is).
2)After that open the Buffs.xml from your package and my package file.
3)The changes I made in mine which are HeatingUp TooMuchSun and KnockedOut(use notepad search feature to find them), make those changes in your Buffs.xml All changes I made are between <customclassname> and </customclassname> Oh and the timers
Note:-Not 100% confirmed but this should work theoretically.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Well in this mod I use a script(like in script mod) to create an exact replica of HeatingUp TooMuchSun and KnockedOut moodlet but with certain changes like heating up will give onfire after timing out instead of toomuchsun, then I use Buffs.xml to replace EA's moodlets with ones I created using the <customclassname> tag. The sunlight charm making them faint was done using script. However you can do that by simply using xml tuning too just replace the <customclassname> tag from too much sun with the one from Knocked out moodlet. Copy everything between <customclassname> and </customclassname> from knocked out moodlet.
BTW I think you can use my mod with yours. Steps
1)Simply export everything except the key file and the Buffs.xml to a different package file using S3PE and then import them to yours(Your mod package file that is).
2)After that open the Buffs.xml from your package and my package file.
3)The changes I made in mine which are HeatingUp TooMuchSun and KnockedOut(use notepad search feature to find them), make those changes in your Buffs.xml All changes I made are between <customclassname> and </customclassname> Oh and the timers
Note:-Not 100% confirmed but this should work theoretically.

Thank you for that information! I hadn't realized you were using a scripting mod, although I should have, because of your credits. Silly me.

I'll try what you've suggested. Thanks again for that info! :lovestruc
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
Thank you for that information! I hadn't realized you were using a scripting mod, although I should have, because of your credits. Silly me.

I'll try what you've suggested. Thanks again for that info! :lovestruc

No prob. let me know if it works.
Instructor
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 9:12 PM
@Amber Lokisdotter

The Buffs XML in my game contains customizations I made for myself as well as changes based on other mods (because there can only be one such XML file). Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful offer all the same. :lovestruc

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 2:15 AM
Does this mod have a conflict with More Vampire Powers by Sauzer? (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=489366)
Once I installed it, Sauzer's Mod no longer works.
Anyway, thank you for this mod, I was looking for something just like that.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gskdoleo
Does this mod have a conflict with More Vampire Powers by Sauzer? (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=489366)
Once I installed it, Sauzer's Mod no longer works.
Anyway, thank you for this mod, I was looking for something just like that.

Sauzar's mod works in my game tho. His vampire powers only work at night. So try it at night. Unless you have the immortal life time reward only then it works on daytime
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:04 AM
@Amber Lokisdotter

The Buffs XML in my game contains customizations I made for myself as well as changes based on other mods (because there can only be one such XML file). Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful offer all the same. :lovestruc

You know Butterbot the changes you make in your Buffs.xml make the same changes in my Buffs.xml. That way my mod will have your mod's features as well. And you'll have best of both worlds. You probably know all that tho
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 4:14 PM
I have a couple of vampires and I'm happy to see some up-to date mods for them, thanks
I do have some questions:
1) so will the inactives who are vamps all fry out in the sun? They will die while I play another sim? All the ages are concerned or only YA-elders?
2) I do not want the immunity to death by thirst - it's one of the coolest ghosts that exists in the game! - so which flavors can I use? 2 and 3 seem to not have it, is it correct?
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
I have a couple of vampires and I'm happy to see some up-to date mods for them, thanks
I do have some questions:
1) so will the inactives who are vamps all fry out in the sun? They will die while I play another sim? All the ages are concerned or only YA-elders?
2) I do not want the immunity to death by thirst - it's one of the coolest ghosts that exists in the game! - so which flavors can I use? 2 and 3 seem to not have it, is it correct?

I currently have a school exam so I'm focusing on that. Immunity to thirst death is included in all the flavors. When I get time I'll make more flavors. Inactives will fry. Only YA-elders will fry teens and children aren't full fledged vampires so they won't burn.

When I get the time I'll make a flavor that only includes sunlight death. Check back after 2-3 weeks it'll be done.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 12:47 AM
okidokie skydome and good luck for your exam
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 11:15 PM
I don't know if this is doable, but can you do something about the automatic skin tone change with vampirism? The game seems to always give them new skin tones with an ugly sea-bluish green tint and I'd much rather just use Master Controller or something like that to manually set a paler skin tone which would look much nicer than what the game does automatically.
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frozen Nord
I don't know if this is doable, but can you do something about the automatic skin tone change with vampirism? The game seems to always give them new skin tones with an ugly sea-bluish green tint and I'd much rather just use Master Controller or something like that to manually set a paler skin tone which would look much nicer than what the game does automatically.

Try this mod http://virtualartisan.blogspot.in/2...pdated-now.html or this http://mysims3blog.blogspot.in/2012...mpire-glow.html hope I helped. Happy Simming
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 4:57 AM
Try this mod http://virtualartisan.blogspot.in/2...pdated-now.html or this http://mysims3blog.blogspot.in/2012...mpire-glow.html hope I helped. Happy Simming

Those work. I was getting tired of the sickly green.
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 2:08 PM
I currently have a school exam so I'm focusing on that. Immunity to thirst death is included in all the flavors. When I get time I'll make more flavors. Inactives will fry. Only YA-elders will fry teens and children aren't full fledged vampires so they won't burn.

When I get the time I'll make a flavor that only includes sunlight death. Check back after 2-3 weeks it'll be done.

Is your only sunlight death flavor done? Cause I really just want the sunlight death in my game and it's been 3 weeks.
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Giedrius1253p
Is your only sunlight death flavor done? Cause I really just want the sunlight death in my game and it's been 3 weeks.

Hi the mod has been made but the testing has not been done. There was a college fest and one of my test got postponed really messed with my schedule.

Anyway it's not a sunlight death flavor, it's a sunlight knock out flavor.
This mod will have one limitation, that if a Vampire gets the toomuchsun moodlet naturally by staying out for too long then they'll get knocked out too.

So since you requested this mod tell me. What flavor would you like that mod to be? How long would you want the vampire to faint after getting toomuchsun moodlet. And if you don't want Vampires to faint for a really long day from natural sunlight then I can make it so the heating up moodlet lasts longer, which will prevent the toomuchsun moodlet from appearing.

If a vampire gets hit by the sunlight charm he or she will faint for 3 days. If you want the timer to be less or more tell me. Because I'll only make 2 flavors for sunlight knock out mod and since you requested this mod I'd like you to tell me what you'll like.
Test Subject
#24 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 5:13 AM
Hi the mod has been made but the testing has not been done. There was a college fest and one of my test got postponed really messed with my schedule.

Anyway it's not a sunlight death flavor, it's a sunlight knock out flavor.
This mod will have one limitation, that if a Vampire gets the toomuchsun moodlet naturally by staying out for too long then they'll get knocked out too.

So since you requested this mod tell me. What flavor would you like that mod to be? How long would you want the vampire to faint after getting toomuchsun moodlet. And if you don't want Vampires to faint for a really long day from natural sunlight then I can make it so the heating up moodlet lasts longer, which will prevent the toomuchsun moodlet from appearing.

If a vampire gets hit by the sunlight charm he or she will faint for 3 days. If you want the timer to be less or more tell me. Because I'll only make 2 flavors for sunlight knock out mod and since you requested this mod I'd like you to tell me what you'll like.

I would really like if the toomuchsun moodlet would last for 1 day thats kinda it
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 6:04 PM
2/4/17:- I have reuploaded the mods because they were having a problem with some mods like Nraas Traveler which have been fixed. If you were using the previous versions then please redownload it. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Page 1 of 2