Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#51 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 1:36 PM
Still waiting for pre-teen and middle-aged

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Still waiting for pre-teen and middle-aged

That would be so cool! I've wanted more ages ever since Sims 2.
Except I think 'pre-teens' in this game will be more like young teens, so why not call them that - we already have young adults, so why not young teens?
Gradual aging would be cool too.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:14 PM
Weren't adults supposed to be middle aged, like they were in TS3 once you install generations, what with the whole midlife crisis thing?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#54 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:21 PM
Oh my God, I do not want more "fleshed out" astronaut and thief careers. I want MORE career options, period. Even if they aren't playable.
Instructor
#55 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Weren't adults supposed to be middle aged, like they were in TS3 once you install generations, what with the whole midlife crisis thing?

KInda, Young Adults was kinda of a "hack" for University in order to restrict the World playable to only one playable life stage that continued after ... they are for basic purposes 20-40 as Adults are 40-60, not that matters in TS4 since I dont think there are any differences (I guess they keep it just in case they need it later).
Scholar
#56 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 7:03 PM
I think the adults are kind too young to be considered middle aged. I see Young adults as 20-29 and adults 30-45. So we'd need an actual mid-life stage imo. I guess you could get the same effect with gradual aging the face etc. But I'd rather have more life stages instead - I love playing different 'phases' of a sims life.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#57 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 7:28 PM
I haven't played TS4 in a while, but I don't think another life stage would make it more interesting because as far as I remember it's not like the current YA, Adults and Elders are that different... So instead of throwing another life stage in there I would prefer to see the current ones getting more fleshed out.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 8:07 PM
I was looking on SimsVIP and some people were actually defending their decision to sell more packs with less content

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 11:16 PM
Haven't you heard? We should be GRATEFUL that EA is giving us more of the Sims! They work sooooo hard producing a pack only for you to call it empty - Vampires very could have been two packs, but it wasn't! I THAT'S SO AWESOME and Iwould have GLADLY paid $40 for Vampires ALONE. I'd pay $100 for any of these news packs to add ANY content to my game - stuff packs included! I LOVE MY LITTLE SIMMIES TO DEATH. The last time one my Simmies died, I cried for a week straight. I had to turn aging off! Any pack is a great pack in my opinion. If you hate them, you're a HATER!!!! YOU DON'T DESERVE THE SIMS!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE ALL OF YOU SIMMIES DIE OF LAUGHTER BECAUSE MINE WONT!!!!!!!!!! THEY'LL BE LIVING IN THEIR VINTAGE GLAMOUR MANSIONS WITH THEIR ROMANTIC GARDENS HAVING MOVIE HANGOUTS WHEN THEY GET TOGETHER!!!!! YOURS WILL BE STUCK WITH TS2!!!! IT'S SOOOOOO OOOOOLD AND BAD!!!!!!! ONLY HATERS PLAY TS2!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE YOUR SIMS!!!!!!!!!!! MINE ARE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN WAIT TO TAKE MY SIMMIES ON BOWLING DATES!!!!!!!! I'm going to steal my mom and dad's credit and debit cards (lolshhh) and buy MULTIPLE COPIES ON MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS!!! I FULLY SUPPORT EA!!!!!! CANT WAIT FOR DELIGHTFUL DOGS AND CHARMING CATS!!!!! THOSE EXPANSION PACKS ARE GOING TO MAKE MY SIMMIES SO HAPPYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNLIKE YOURS BECAUSE TS2S PETS EXPANSION WAS SO SMALL BECAUSE EVEYRTHING WAS IN ONE PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW IT'S TWO EXPANSIONS SO MORE CONTENT!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/cryForHelp]

Field Researcher
#60 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 12:14 AM
You know....when they came out with Perfect patio stuff, and then a little while later the Backyard Stuff pack.....I was pretty fed up. It made no sense to me that they would break up a stuff packs about the same backyard theme basically, and still not capable of putting pool loungers in there. I refused to buy anything else from them after that. When they announced City Life, and it was immediately confirmed that we wouldn't be able to build apartments of our own...oh yeah, and the Elevator is just for decoration ...Any ounce of hope I once had for this game was completely gone after that. They can spend countless hours on talking toilets and surveys....but they refuse to make the worlds bigger than 5 to 10 lots... and break up the content into as many overpriced packs as possible.

There attempt to reclaim any kind of respectability by putting Toddlers back in, well....people are already talking about how boring the game still is on the EA Forums. Until they fix the core engine of this game... all they surveys and all the broken up content is not gonna fix it.

Think I'll just keep hanging back, and watch while they continue to rob people blind with mindless stuff that can't fix the boring game play.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
You know....when they came out with Perfect patio stuff, and then a little while later the Backyard Stuff pack.....I was pretty fed up. It made no sense to me that they would break up a stuff packs about the same backyard theme basically, and still not capable of putting pool loungers in there.
Don't forget Romantic Garden Stuff - 3 out of 9 Stuff Packs are for the back of your house I still can't believe this.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Don't forget Romantic Garden Stuff - 3 out of 9 Stuff Packs are for the back of your house I still can't believe this.

4, actually. You may be able to watch them in other places but they advertised the movie back like it was meant for the backyard.

The Receptacle still lives!
Inventor
#63 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 1:56 PM
Also, don't forget this combo of packs:
Get Together EP (Dance Club, Bars) + City Life EP (Apartments/City) + Vampires GP (Vampires) + Perfect Patio SP (Hot tubs) + Vintage Glamour SP (Buttler) => The Sims 3 Late Night EP
Forum Resident
#64 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 6:45 PM
I bought Backyard Stuff or whatever and it was seriously the biggest rip off I've ever seen. You're pretty much paying $10 for a hot tub.
Theorist
#65 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
I was looking on SimsVIP and some people were actually defending their decision to sell more packs with less content

People on SimsVIP also proudly declared that they preferred a vampire pack over toddlers (that was before the toddler update) AND that they didn't want any toddlers in the game at all.

I wonder if those people actually complained about the toddlers being introduced?

The comment section of SimsVIP is a scary place...almost as scary as the comment section on youtube....
Field Researcher
#66 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 7:16 PM
All of you are right!!! it's a ridiculous amount of money to spend on piece by piece stuff packs and game packs that should have been one large pack. But you know they are going to keep doing it.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
People on SimsVIP also proudly declared that they preferred a vampire pack over toddlers (that was before the toddler update) AND that they didn't want any toddlers in the game at all.

I wonder if those people actually complained about the toddlers being introduced?

The comment section of SimsVIP is a scary place...almost as scary as the comment section on youtube....

I wonder if they censor their comment sections and keep out all negative comments. I posted a particularly negative comment that may or may not have involved swearing on an article (I think it was the one about "Bowling Stuff" being confirmed) and then noticed it had to be approved first.

If you don't see any super negative comments on there you now know why

My Claim to Fame
Forum Resident
#68 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 11:41 PM
The good news is that they didn't censor my negativity. The bad news is that I'm already running into EA fanboys.
Screenshots

My Claim to Fame
Instructor
#69 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion

Good thing they are mostly irrelevant, shills are shills ... its a problem when you start to believe your own bullshit, those comments are simply a way to peer pressure into eating whatever EA is serving you ... no true Scotsman and all that.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
The good news is that they didn't censor my negativity. The bad news is that I'm already running into EA fanboys.

ew at this "forum"... just ew

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Mad Poster
#71 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 12:10 AM
See, this is one of those times I brought up. How some people are loyal to a brand, almost to a fault. That chick sounds like one of those people who will buy anything as long the word "sims" is on it. I wish people would realize that complaints and criticisms are just as valuable as praise -____-

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#72 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 12:23 AM
^ You're a hater!!!!!!!!!! I bet your sims HATE you!!!!!!!!!!!!! TS4 IS PERFECT!!!!

Forum Resident
#73 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I wish people would realize that complaints and criticisms are just as valuable as praise

One guy who was defending their means of selling more packs with less content told me I should "stop complaining" when I brought up how it's a nuisance when you're trying to download custom lots and there are about a hundred packs that the lot seems to use content from

My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#74 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 3:06 AM
Technically, that's always been a problem. However, unique to TS4 is needing multiple packs to have anything worthwhile. Content that actually pairs well together is used for multiple packs that don't really tie together.

Like, all do the traditional dating content is spread out rather than being in one pack. All of the business are spread out. I can even understand having a theme restricted to an expansion pack to mix and match, but there's Far East content in the Base Game (for some reason), Spa Day, Dine Out, and City Living.

Test Subject
#75 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Haven't you heard? We should be GRATEFUL that EA is giving us more of the Sims! They work sooooo hard producing a pack only for you to call it empty - Vampires very could have been two packs, but it wasn't! I THAT'S SO AWESOME and Iwould have GLADLY paid $40 for Vampires ALONE. I'd pay $100 for any of these news packs to add ANY content to my game - stuff packs included! I LOVE MY LITTLE SIMMIES TO DEATH. The last time one my Simmies died, I cried for a week straight. I had to turn aging off! Any pack is a great pack in my opinion. If you hate them, you're a HATER!!!! YOU DON'T DESERVE THE SIMS!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE ALL OF YOU SIMMIES DIE OF LAUGHTER BECAUSE MINE WONT!!!!!!!!!! THEY'LL BE LIVING IN THEIR VINTAGE GLAMOUR MANSIONS WITH THEIR ROMANTIC GARDENS HAVING MOVIE HANGOUTS WHEN THEY GET TOGETHER!!!!! YOURS WILL BE STUCK WITH TS2!!!! IT'S SOOOOOO OOOOOLD AND BAD!!!!!!! ONLY HATERS PLAY TS2!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE YOUR SIMS!!!!!!!!!!! MINE ARE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN WAIT TO TAKE MY SIMMIES ON BOWLING DATES!!!!!!!! I'm going to steal my mom and dad's credit and debit cards (lolshhh) and buy MULTIPLE COPIES ON MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS!!! I FULLY SUPPORT EA!!!!!! CANT WAIT FOR DELIGHTFUL DOGS AND CHARMING CATS!!!!! THOSE EXPANSION PACKS ARE GOING TO MAKE MY SIMMIES SO HAPPYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNLIKE YOURS BECAUSE TS2S PETS EXPANSION WAS SO SMALL BECAUSE EVEYRTHING WAS IN ONE PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW IT'S TWO EXPANSIONS SO MORE CONTENT!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/cryForHelp]

This is why I love your posts.
Page 3 of 4