Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Space-Saving Desk [UPDATE: Mar 17 2018]

by Butterbot Posted 22nd Feb 2017 at 10:53 PM - Updated 17th Mar 2018 at 6:46 AM by Butterbot : Updated file.

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 11:48 PM
Dos this work as an actual desk? None of the shots show it with a computer.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 12:05 AM
@BlackjackGabbiani

Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Dos this work as an actual desk?

Yes.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 12:11 AM
I just checked this desk out in-game and I love it. The 3 slots on top are great, the main surface holds all computers, and a small ivy can be tucked in the corner behind the computer (as well as other small items). I'm going to use this one-tile desk a lot, thank you Butterbot!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 3:22 AM
Love this desk and having those recolourable channels and the shelves on top is a bonus.
Thanks very much Butterbot.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 4:31 AM
Your creations never disappoint me, Butterbot. This is fantastic! Thank you
MTS2 Hot Pepper
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:37 AM
though I have got som like this but I gonna use it as well. I love Maxis conversions too much
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 12:51 PM
It looks great and can really help in small rooms!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 1:22 PM
There's a criminal lack of one-tile desks in the game. Thank you for making this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 3:00 PM
I love one-tile furniture, and this is super cute and modern. Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 2:01 AM
Neat! And it looks awesome. I have a lot of one tile desks but none in that simple ikea style, thank you ButterBot! *kiss*
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 10:22 AM
Cute! And it can be used with computers on it? This is going in my game right now Thank you, Butterbot!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 9:22 PM
Lovely! And I was needing one like this in my game ^-^
Icy Spicy
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 8:29 AM
I love your conversions!Thanks
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 2:43 PM
Thanks!I might be using this in a city hall build.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 2:59 PM
Thank you! I have a couple of 1-tile desks converted from 2-tile desks, but this is the first designed to be a 1-time desk. It's so useful!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 1:45 AM
It nice desk, but I think the TS4 books look out-of-place and weird. It would be better if they were replaced with TS3 books to keep desk consistent with other TS3 objects

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
It nice desk, but I think the TS4 books look out-of-place and weird. It would be better if they were replaced with TS3 books to keep desk consistent with other TS3 objects

The second overlay (preset 2) is less candy-hued, giving the books a more classic look.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator THANKS POST
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 9:49 PM
Ohh nice! I really like this desk! Just wondering though, if those slots on the top of the desk are all the slots the desk has ^-^ *runs off to download the desk*
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 12:30 AM
@Greenplumbbob

Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Just wondering though, if those slots on the top of the desk are all the slots the desk has ^-^

Hiya The three slots at the top are extra slots. The desk has the usual deco slots on the actual desktop that all EA desks have (one of them is where the clock is on the screenshots), plus the three above the books. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 11:10 PM
Beautiful! Now my architets can place this cool desk even in the smallest rooms when requested: brilliant!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 5:57 PM
Thank you so much for making this and sharing it! I've been wanting something like this for a long time since many of my Sims live in small houses and need all the room they can get, so I really appreciate this! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 6:58 PM
I absolutely hate putting a full size desk in a tiny apartment or kids room, but this is just perfect!!! I would love to see different versions of a space saving desk (after I download this I am going hunting for them lol). Thanks a bunch for uploading this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 1:22 PM
Thanks! I'm always on the search for small, space-saving items like this, and this desk will be perfect for the nuns' cells in the abbey I'm building. :)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#25 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 2:52 AM
Superb work on the textures! Thank you for help us save space on those tiny highrise lots in style!