Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 1:18 AM
Default If you could change one tiny annoyance in The Sims 2, what would you pick?
I would change the way lots work so you could build on the sides instead of dealing with Lot Adjuster to fit everything in. What small thing would you change?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 1:23 AM
The size of the font in Storytelling -- so I could read what I've written! A spell-checker there would be no bad thing either.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 1:41 AM
Probably the fact that roofs display in enclosed spaces... there's never a reason that I can think of why a roof should continue through a wall into a room.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 2:06 AM
Lot imposters, houses would look crisp and sharp in view or other houses from lot view.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 2:06 AM
That if you install Seasons, it would make the length of the days change depending on the season, and you could customize per season to say Equatorial (sunrise/sunset always 7 am/7 pm), Low Latitude, High Latitude, and Polar (winter is always night, summer is always day). Not sure what hours but LL would have 14 hours of daylight in summer, only 10 in winter. And HL would be 16, and 8. Then some modder would probably be able to change all that, if only the Seasons engine included this capability.

Mm, not such a minor change, huh.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 2:11 AM
I would have made it easier to build a pretty roof
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 2:28 AM
Tooltips without needing testingcheats on. I want to know what clothes are what!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 3:01 AM
I would make it so we could add/delete roads in-game. I want to tweak the road layouts in my hoods all the time, and so I pretty much wish we had that ability every time I open the game. (I am very grateful for SC4/Hood Replace and decorative road pieces, though.)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 3:51 AM
Seeing as I'm on holiday at the beach at the moment, I wish that dogs could swim.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 4:00 AM
It is actually hard for me to find something annoying me enough...but really! You have to admit, this is something!
I guess, I'd fix the animals in apartments. You should be able to see other people's pets around, as you do other tenants. As it is now, you only see them when visiting other units. That is wrong, I would change that.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Link Ninja
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 4:19 AM
Only because I was reminded of it the other day and it doesn't have a mod fix yet: I would make it so all custom paintings are guaranteed to stay the way they were painted from moving from lot to lot. Screw that 'decay' they sometimes get where they default to the sunset painting.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#12 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 5:07 AM
Lot view should keep the textures from the hood view instead of having its own, single texture covering the whole area. I want to see cliffs!

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Theorist
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 5:55 AM
They shouldn't be able to see through walls, hear maybe, but not see. In the instance of cheatin, I can see them walklin in on each other catchin them in the act, but to be in two completely different rooms and go runnin when one does somethin they shouldn't w/ another sim.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 6:22 AM
Some neighbourhood deco like those grass (I think) ground covers/patches being visible in lot view would be neat
Mad Poster
#15 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
That if you install Seasons, it would make the length of the days change depending on the season, and you could customize per season to say Equatorial (sunrise/sunset always 7 am/7 pm), Low Latitude, High Latitude, and Polar (winter is always night, summer is always day). Not sure what hours but LL would have 14 hours of daylight in summer, only 10 in winter. And HL would be 16, and 8. Then some modder would probably be able to change all that, if only the Seasons engine included this capability.

This plus the rainfall for different climates. Rain should be much rarer in Strangetown's summer than in Twikkii Island's summer. I know there are mods to alter some stuff like that, but it's currently all or nothing (all hoods either have desert settings or they don't). It would be nice to have unique settings for each subhood and not have to swap out weather mods all the time.
Alchemist
#16 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 12:55 PM
Sims don't react when their spouse has someone else's baby, but they also don't roll the usual parental wants about the child. There should be consistency; either they should know the child isn't theirs and react, or not know and treat the child like their own.
Inventor
#17 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 1:23 PM
Read about it not long ago in another thread that pets are not supposed to show up in University.
I would like that changed. Is it an annoyance? Not really.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
Read about it not long ago in another thread that pets are not supposed to show up in University.
I would like that changed. Is it an annoyance? Not really.

Well, use my game instead then! Pets have suddenly appeared at Uni. I'm not sure what caused this, or how long it'll last, but there you go.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 2:38 PM
When deleting clothes/hair etc. I wish the catalog wouldn't keep going back to the start every time something is deleted, requiring endless scrolling and usually resulting in eye strain and a sore clicky finger.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 5:46 PM
Half tile placement without cheats! I want that 1 tile painting to hang centrally over the fireplace, please.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 6:03 PM
One thing that's always driven me nuts in building in Sims 2 (and we can do in Sims 3): can't have interior enclosed courtyard gardens (without roof).
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:19 PM
Neighborhood to lot view inconsistency (lot imposter, cliff textures missing, weird level issues...)
Mad Poster
#23 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
One thing that's always driven me nuts in building in Sims 2 (and we can do in Sims 3): can't have interior enclosed courtyard gardens (without roof).

There are ways that you can trick the game into effectively allowing courtyards. It certainly limits creative flexibility, but there are things you can do with move_objects or greenhouse walls that can make it work in certain situations.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:52 PM
Yeah, there are workarounds, but it's annoying.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:56 PM
You can have enclosed courtyards in TS2 without a roof, you just have to draw the roof yourself.

Sims will think they are inside, but it will rain etc.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Page 1 of 2